The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: can i tune a 4g64 sohc

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

can i tune a 4g64 sohc

i cant seem to find any parts for this motor besides a header i need help bad!!!!and if theres nothing 4 it what motors can be swap for it?

What parts are you looking for? And if you do a quick search you can find all kinds of info on what motors will fit the 8G... you have a 4g64 or 6G72?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Well I can notice that he has a 4g64.. Cuz his question said that..
    Look there is a bonch of thing that u can do to ure 4g64...
    Turbo= u can use stuff from the evo 8 & 9.(motor that can be swapped too). as well from dsm eclipse both of them are 4g63...
    U just need to search and find out by ureself what u would like to do with ure car.. Whenever u decided what u gonna do.. So then u can come and ask for help..
    Cuz ppl won't tell u wat u have to do to ure G.. But They will help u out with the info u need to complete ure goal with ur set up... Well bla bla bla...
    About all motor= I heard from 4g63lover that our engine is really good n that way but honestly I have seen any project with 4g64 all motor..
    Last edited by sponcar; 11-28-2009 at 10:26 PM
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

There have been lots of different setups with the 4g64, all with different engine management used. Some people have turbo'd it. There are some members who went DOHC n/a. Some who have kept the SOHC and built it for max hp. Some have supercharged their 4g64. Theres even a member on here who used to spray NoS.

For Engine management, some have swapped in the EVO ecu. Some used piggy backs like the Greddy e-manage and maf-translator. Some have put in full standalones like HKS f-con and AEM EMS.

Do a search on the forum if you're looking for something specific

Hahaha... That is what I get for not properly reading a thread...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

4g64 sohc

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Not really sure what you really want. What are your plans for your Galant? and how much you willing to spend? Remember it takes time and money to get real HP, and if yor looking to do swaps there are pretty good set ups you can do.

4g64T-You can turbo the stock motor that you have like many other TGC people on here. You can use the Evo 8 ECU, and run Evo or WRX 560cc injectors but believe there is something else you need in order for the injectors to run. Turbo set up to start off with would be just an evo set up with 16g turbo and evo piping, and intercooler...some fabrications will be needed to fit this alil. Make sure you get all other items you need for turbo set up and if everything done the right way with a good tune you be hitting some nice numbers.

4g64/w DOCH head-The is also a good set up with the Evo 8 head.

I dont wanna go nuts in listing things you can do and things you would need b/c I dont know how far you want to go.....give us info what your ideas are and we can help you alot more than just answering lil questions.

im not trying to be mean but i swear on every forum im on for the eclipse since its the same motor 4g64 and 6g72/74 there are soo many people asking for help idk what to do for performance there are pages upon pages if you look. people doing engine swaps turbo builds and anything performance that can go on the car. I JUST DONT GET IT. sorry i had to vent good luck i guess.