The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick question

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Quick question

I dont plan on turboing my car. So my question is if should i stay with stock headers or aftermarket ones?

I just want maybe a little bit mor performance

Im gonna do a 5 speed later when i have cash

a non turbo 7g can be pretty quick If you know hot to build em... I would go with aftermarket headers... it couldn't hurt.

However be careful of how the downpipe matches up... you may need to get a new one of those as well...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Phizz, i think he meant the turbo manifold, since he wants to turbo it.

Just stick with 2g manifold, it will have plenty of flow. Plus you dont have to worry about getting it cracked and shit
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    mko hes not turboing it.. id go aftermarket headers, dohc swap, custom high compression pistons like 11:1, CAI, evo injectors, maybe a destroke to a 2.1 as well and rev to 10k all day.. just a thought

id rather turbo tho
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

oh shit, yeah I was kind of sleeping when i posted.

I have my header for sale if you interested, its in my FS thread

Hold on, Are you in the US.?

Dude, why would you get high comp.11:1 pistons and then destroke it. It just doesnt make sense.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    oh shit, yeah I was kind of sleeping when i posted.

I have my header for sale if you interested, its in my FS thread

Hold on, Are you in the US.?

Dude, why would you get high comp.11:1 pistons and then destroke it. It just doesnt make sense.
    i meant do one or the other not both.. n/a id really wanna raise the CR or at least get forged pistons.. the dohc will bump up the CR but a lil more wont hurt
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

thats for a 420a not a 4g motor.. i believe the best option is a 1g n/t header or a spyder header.. what year is yours as if its 94 or 95 the header is weird and the 96-98 is better.. i get asked if mine is aftermarket, but its the stock 96 header
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

thats better, but id check with MKO i believe he had the 1g headers on his car and might have them for sale still
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

you know, ebay header is good but does not last long. They Crack!

with an auto and no other supporting mods....headers wont do much. As a matter of fact they will decrease acceleration. A full xhaust will do the same thing and in conjunction off the line will be sluggish...you will have to floor it to get moving. I'd say get the swap done first...but thats me

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Usually a header is designed for stock or slightly upgraded exhaust, but you wont lose low RPM torque and youll have stronger high RPMs. If you have 3'' cat back after the header then youll lose the bottom end and youll have to stomp it to get it moving, but 3'' exhaust will do that to any header, its not designed to be used in a N/A car. Vut since youre auto, it wont do much cuz you cant rev high anyway, but it will look cool tho.

Ive heard of turbo manifolds been cracked, cuz theres back pressure from the turbo and the heat tends to build up in the manifold and stay there. ive never read or heard of header been cracked on N/A car, cuz its a free flow. i had my header for 2 1/2 years and havent had a single problem with it.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Danger View Post
    That would be ok but I would really buy MKO's header it is the same exact thing. I can also vouge for it being in perfewct shape!! Its at my house! One this that I would suggest though is that you should do the whole exhaust 2 1/2 or 2 3/4. That will give you the power. Right now if you just put the header on it wont make a difference.. I would get a highflow cat and a good high flow muffler.. Also you are probibly going to have to go to the shop to get it custom made... If you do then the flex pipe section on these headers arfe garbage!! I would replace it with a custom traditional flex section. Thats what I did with mine becasue it leaked there. If you do the whole exhaust you will feel a BIG difference in the power and its alot more fun to drive. Then the next thing I would say for you to do is the 5 speed swap. That by far will be the most benificial upgrade that you can do with this car. Also another thing to give yourself some more power is to make yourself a custom cold air intake.. Also more performance things to do would be to upgrade you plugs to NGK iridium plugs... Thay will make a big difference also. The next thing I am going to suggest may be a little controversial to some one here but I am a first hand witness to the difference this make. I would switch to 93 octane gasoline. Some say it doesnt make a difference but it will!! The only 93 that I trust not to be dirty and watered down is form sunoco. If you do all of these things it will make a difference in the performance of the car.

Also another thing that i suggest you do is to work on your suspesion. I would get the prothane master bushing set and either get some nice coilovers
    or get the KYB AGX adjustable shocks and some nice lowering springs. Also get a front strut bar and get the bigger sway bars.. I think in the long run though you should think about turboing the car.. I promise you that you wont regret it even if your running just 5 lbs of boost.. You will spank cars on the road all day long!!!! If you have any questions PM me and Ill help you the best I can!