The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: gm maf and maft

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

gm maf and maft

Ok so guess I don't know as much about dsm's as I should by now but that's why I'm asking. I have seen a ton of guys using a gm maf and maft so I have to ask what's the best way to tune my 8g galant and why? Also I guess you should know what I plan on doing right now I'm working on building a whole new motor. Basicly staying mostly stock just trying to find decent priced lower comp. pistons. I have a turbo that I will be installing in the spring and looking for is the best and easiest way to tune this motor also I don't want to recirc. the bov . Problem is there are to many options all different prices and all have diff. benifits so I'm tossed up evo ecu, safc, vafc, emanage, aem fic, and then I read maft so what do you guys think and can someone explain the maft particularly and if I go that route does that mean I can use my ecu or 3g eclipse 5spd ecu easier w/ a simple piggyback system.

its all 6 of one 1/2 dozen of the other, they all have pros and cons its personal preference really

Hmm a lot of people I have seen not recirc their bov are using speed density on the greddy ultimate or even the stock evo ecus now. Pretty interesting stuff I myself have to do some reading on this as there have been some threads on how stock evo ecu vs speed density setups haven't yeilded any serious gains
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]