The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fuel supply question

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

fuel supply question

with a supercharger pushing a linear flow rate off idle, would simply upgrading injectors compensate for the needed fuel or would an aftermarket devise still be needed as with a turbo setup?

Are you talking about electric turbo, or whatever that piece of crap is?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

nope more like A C-1A procharger
    they are made for the civic but with a custom bracket who knows. this fabed for the 4G64
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 11-30-2009 at 05:12 PM

why going the expensive way?

but yes youll need an injectors upgrade and some kind of fuel controller

Build Thread

originality... and I really like the sound plus I get the BOV sound to if I run the maft

Believe me you sacrifice some performance when using the blow thru setup with MAFT. The whole setup acts like a nasty vacuum leak at idle and between shifts. I'll be switching to draw thru very soon and route all the fresh air lines the right way. The only advantage of the MAFT is that is flows much better than stock MAS and the 3'' inlet/ outlet shape of the GM MAS vs. the oval shape of the stock MAS.

Build Thread

so you spent all your money on it and it was like just pulling the recirc tube off?
    Edit:
    I think if I do go this way I will put a catch can between the bov and the intake with a smaller tube from the can to the intake to let pressue out slower then its let in.
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 11-30-2009 at 05:20 PM

Catch can wont do it. You want the air to come out as fast as possible, otherwise it'll create compressor surge = bad turbo.

IDK the whole idea of supercharger is not very good. I mean you have to fabricate a mounting plate for it, then you need to add an extra pulley and run an extra belt to drive the charger, or fit it somehow and just use an extended accessory belt. ThSe whole thing will act like an additional load to the engine which will kill power to make power and still have to upgrade the headers and exhaust system. It will be def. unique, but useless. On other hand, 14b with 2g manifold and 2.5'' DP you can find for around 200 if you look around and then all you need to get is 390's or 450's and a SAFC. Thats the cheapest way.

Build Thread

and thats the thing, I have a 14B in my bedroom closet but it got beat to hell in shipping and broke 2 turbine blades off so now I need to buy a new turbine shaft and compressor wheel and have it balanced before I can even think about putting it in. plus all the parts I still need

I guess it was just a "hey wouldn't it be cool" type of thing but I'm curious so I had to know
    Last edited by RedLine DOHC; 11-30-2009 at 05:58 PM

How bad is this? I really cant tell form the picture.

Build Thread

about 1/8 inch on one and 1/4 on the other

Experienced TGC Member
    There is no way in hell id put the money into rebuilding a 14b turbo.... For the price of tht rebuild you CAN find a really nice 16g turbo which will be better than the 14b. IMHO.

^ ya and thats what stoped me from sending it in, I need to get the rest of the parts list first then go from there.

i got a 20g ill sell ya

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.