The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Owned 8g for a while, new to TGC (Ohio)

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Owned 8g for a while, new to TGC (Ohio)

I've had my 8g for a while (since 2004), but am new-ish to TGC. Joined back in June but never introduced myself.

The Galant is my daily driver, so I haven't put any money in to mods. The only mod I have is tinted windows. Curious, though, what others would recommend. I plan on keeping the Galant for a few more years (it's an '03 DE with ~83,500 miles as of 11/09--My Garage).

If anyone ever finds themselves in southwest Ohio (Dayton/Cincinnati), look me up!

Welcome to TGC, it looks good...
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

Welcome bro. Wheels and a lowering kit is a good start. You'll notice a big difference at the way your "G" will look.

welcome to TGC| enjoy your stay
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome fellow Ohioan!
    *Common Sense Is The Most Uncommon Thing In The World*
    *Screw A Fountain Of Youth, How Bout A Fountain Of Smart?!*

I just wanted to say welcome man, i also had mine for a couple years and just decide to start modding it to, good luck... check out mine maybe it might give u some pointer...
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3807170/1

Welcome to TGC. I agree with pinoy724. Lowering it with some rims will change the whole look of your ride dramatically. Jus save yourself the trouble and get a set of coilovers rather then springs if you plan on doing this modification. With the coilovers you will have complete control of your stance and wont have to worry bout your struts blowing out shortly down the road. Nice looking G you got there. Hopefully you'll fall in love with it and keep it for years to come like I have mine. Enjoy your stay

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

ohhh cooool welcome to TGC bro...
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

welcome to the site

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

Welcome to TGC TitaniumGal03! Just browse through the forum under 8gen and you'll find things that will motivate you and might consider keeping your ride for several years not just few. You came into a right place.

welcome

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Midwest ftw !

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy724 View Post
    Welcome bro. Wheels and a lowering kit is a good start. You'll notice a big difference at the way your "G" will look.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'm still on the fence about lowering my Galant...I'd love to see how she looks lowered, but would have problems getting up my driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by galantegz View Post
    Welcome to TGC TitaniumGal03! Just browse through the forum under 8gen and you'll find things that will motivate you and might consider keeping your ride for several years not just few. You came into a right place.
    Every time I dump a bunch of $$$ on the Galant, I always swear that's another year I'm gonna drive it. The heater was replaced in 2008 (after it stopped working) and the internal computer was replaced this year (after it went haywire). I paid off the Galant last year, and plan on keeping it at least another 3-5 years.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Any other females around here besides myself?

welcome to TGC and enjoy..

welcome to TGC 8)