The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Greeting from Cebu City, Philippines =)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 72

Greeting from Cebu City, Philippines =)

Hi guys!

Greeting from Cebu City, Philippines =)

I've always wanted an 8G Galant and was hoping to gather some background information here before purchasing one.

8G Galants are a little bit plentiful here but some friends say that I should stay away from the 8G and instead invest on a new one.

Anyway, for me why invest on a new one that I don't like the form wherein I can buy the one that I like (the 8G) and make it even stand out more among the crowd.

Hoping for a warm welcome here...admittedly, I only have a meager knowledge about cars especially Galants so I know that this site will help me a lot.

Thanks! peeps!

Welcome pare. I wish I could go back to Philly to get an 8g. They have the JDM OG's thier.

Welcome to TGC.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

polishmafia@

Thanks for the welcome!

pinoy724@
    Yo! A fellow Pinoy weee! Hope you can help me with some silly questions =) Pssst...what's a so special about 8G Galants here with having JDM OGs?

All I can do now is gawk at the nice 8G being sold of by their owners...darn...

This one's a winner..and cheap too by my standards...can't believe people here will still haggle for it...

Converted from local currency to USD $6100.

next year...by golly next year I'll have my 8G
    Last edited by gian7675; 12-01-2009 at 04:08 PM

Welcome to the site! I hope you find the info here you are looking for and finally get that Galant!
    Love,
    Matt

welcome and i'm sure you'll love your 8g when you buy it

If you can find a VR-4, I'd get one. If not that silver one will do.

welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    polishmafia@

Thanks for the welcome!

pinoy724@
    Yo! A fellow Pinoy weee! Hope you can help me with some silly questions =) Pssst...what's a so special about 8G Galants here with having JDM OGs?

All I can do now is gawk at the nice 8G being sold of by their owners...darn...

This one's a winner..and cheap too by my standards...can't believe people here will still haggle for it...

Converted from local currency to USD $6100.

next year...by golly next year I'll have my 8G
    Welcome to TGC repapeep! I'm pretty new in here but I've been able to learn more about the 8G's since I bought one. I own the car for almost 2 mons. now and I'm lovin' it everyday. It sounds like you're on a hunt and I wish you the best searching for one. I haven't been back in PI since I got here 15 years ago so I have no clue on what the JDM'd out 8G looks like *ober der*... haha

GOOD LUCK!

^---- i like the exterior color on this one!

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Well If you dont want your front end Ill take it :)

Vegasmatt, littlerick, mrjaydeeone@

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

galantegz@
    Yo Pinoy too? heheh I laughed out loud when you typed that "ober der" phrse heheh! Typical Pinoy speak

pinoy724@
    Some nice 8Gs have popped up now...stock ones that are really cool looking...and a nice show car...I really dig this one but it's too expensive...an I'm not that happy with the red/black color...I love the doors though

Anyway, all i can do now is windowshop...December 2010 is my target date for an nice awesome 8G.

welcome pare. haws da weder ober der?
    Last edited by lucap100is; 12-01-2009 at 08:12 PM
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by lucap100is View Post
    welcome pare. haws da weder ober der?
    Wow another Pinoy weee!!!

Da weather's payn ober hir bro in Cebu City. (The weather's fine over here bro in Cebu City)

Cebu's weather is somewhat different from Manila. When they have a storm, we're only having cloudy weather.

Nice to see another Pinoy...I wonder though if there are also local Pinoy members here...I'm hoping so!

welcome

Yeah I'm not to crazy about that red one.

Your going to meet alot of other pinoy's around here. I know Reelax is one.

Quote Originally Posted by gian7675 View Post
    Vegasmatt, littlerick, mrjaydeeone@

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

galantegz@
    Yo Pinoy too? heheh I laughed out loud when you typed that "ober der" phrse heheh! Typical Pinoy speak

pinoy724@
    Some nice 8Gs have popped up now...stock ones that are really cool looking...and a nice show car...I really dig this one but it's too expensive...an I'm not that happy with the red/black color...I love the doors though

Anyway, all i can do now is windowshop...December 2010 is my target date for an nice awesome 8G.
    Welcome pare!!!

The red/black one looks hideous im sorry.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nando@
    Thanks for the welcome!

4g63lover@
    Ois, another Pinoy weeee! yeah...the red/black color is really disappointing...I wish the owner painted it in a better color sigh...

pinoy724@
    by any chance any other local Pinoys rgistered here?

Edit@
    better to post it here.

It's been agging me for a long time that some 8Gs look sharper than others...why is that? Is it just an optical illusion or something? Some 8g's looks to have a sharper nose...while some seems to have a boxy nose...here's an example...

The white one looks to be more sleeker than the modded silver...why is that?...or is there just something wrong with my eye? =)

The Green galant seems to have a sharp Nose...

The 4th galant seems to have the sharpest...as is the headlights and the grill are at an angle having a sharp look...why is that?
    Last edited by gian7675; 12-02-2009 at 06:13 AM

Welcome sir.
    I'm also new here, still learning.

BTW, the white 8g looks more aggressive probably because of the camera angle.
    (Sigurado ako magugustuhan mo yung 8g imbes na bumili ka ng bago, good luck!)
    CrabMan

Welcome to TGC! Here you will learn tons of valuable information! For future referance, The "search" feature at the top of the site is very useful, many of your questions have already been asked and have tons of feedback! Once you get your 8g, and want to start modding it, check out the "How to/ tutorial/ 8g" section!, Lots of great information there as well!! Good luck with the buy, and glad to have you here on TGC!!

Icon10

Just buy a Jeepney and make some money.......lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast