The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mitsubishi Colt is coming to America

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Mitsubishi Colt is coming to America

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/02/m...ng-to-america/

Well, its been 20 years since Mitsubishi Colt was introduced in the USA as a Dodge Colt in the late 80's and now its coming back. Some of you may know that these cars are very hard to come by, especially the GT version 1.6L 16V DOHC, and they make a very good candidate for 4g63 swaps. There are even colts that are converted to AWD /Pinks All out/ .

On a side note, now that we've missed all the good years /90's/ of Colt, we get to see another Lancer/Evo based front end which I think is pathetic.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Is the new Outlander sporting the same front? I thought I saw a commercial the other night but only caught the end.
    Respect the woman’s car, and she’ll respect you.

^ It is. There are going for the same concept as Mazda and Ford is doing lately. Actually now that I think about it, most car companies are doing the same thing. Meh...

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu_vic View Post
    Is the new Outlander sporting the same front? I thought I saw a commercial the other night but only caught the end.
    Yea, the new outlander has the Lancer front.
    Light em up.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    ^ It is. There are going for the same concept as Mazda and Ford is doing lately. Actually now that I think about it, most car companies are doing the same thing. Meh...
    yeah. but if you think about it, Chrysler, GM and Ford have been doing that for the past 20 or 30 years. as of 05ish they just made it more obvious.

i remember seeing colts all the time in germany. pimp little cars. the new ralliart 2dr doesnt look too bad though.

evo conversion?

TGC Regular
    looks like an Aveo with a Evo front bumper. 4B11 swap anyone?

Colt is the hatch back version of Mirage, and the pics above are tits. Ive always wanted one like these. Sweet lil rides
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

My first car was a 1986 Colt.
    Love,
    Matt

I'd rock the five door.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

in my opinion the red looks nice

my first car was 1990 colt, i loved it untill my neighbor backed into

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRad View Post
    sorry, that actually makes me laugh...lol

Quote Originally Posted by JoeRad View Post
    Wow to funny, this is how my colt died.

In high school I was parked next to a light pole at the bottom of a hill in our school parking lot. A Toyota 4-Runner slipped out of gear, came rolling down the hill and hit the back of my Colt. It then kept rolling coming to a stop on the roof of my car. So the back and roof was totaled by the Toyota, and the front was damaged by the light pole when the weight of the Toyota pushed it into it. I can't really say I liked the car, it had no A/C, a cheap fm radio with tape player, but it did have 2 12s in the trunk that made the car rattle to shit.
    Love,
    Matt

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I was excited until I saw it. I thought it was going to be this:

Colt Ralliart:

Man, the new one just looks like a Prius minivan or something.

I was hoping the Colt would compete with the Fit ... but I would rather have a Fit then that.

[eDIT]
    I guess the white Ralliart posted in the link looks a lot better then a base model.
    Last edited by seth98esT; 12-03-2009 at 07:21 PM
    7g for life!

Oh, man. That Ralliart would totally kick the pants off the Honda Fit (which I despise).
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Man, the new one just looks like a Prius minivan or something.

I dont think that one looks that bad. Because of the fact its Mitsubishi, i'd rather have that then the Honda Fit. Looks the same to me

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

To the red one CJ0 with the turbo....

The owner is the son of Hermann Gassner, who is a Mitsubishi-Dealer, triple german rally-champion and general dealer for Ralliart here. The car is a prototype build by Gassner, it has the Evo VII engine with something about 300 hp and AWD...

All parts are handmade, the fenders out of alloy. It´s a real beautifull car and runs like hell - v/max is something about 270 km/h....

For me as longtime-owner of Colt hatchbacks the new one is disappointig. Colts have allways been the direct contrahent to the Honda Civic, espiacilly to the CRX. The new Colt Ralliart is a pimped housewife-shopping-car, no longer a toxic compact.

Every year I´m at Coltmania, the german Colt-driver-Meeting, here some impressions...

Colt sucks, but only the older ones...