The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To: Outlander Intake Manifold Swap

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    The non-MIVEC should have a throttle cable; the MIVEC one is drive-by wire, no throttle cable.

2003, non-MIVEC

2004+, MIVEC

Hope this helps, and good luck!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

If it has the engine just look at it they are completely different, Throttle bodies are different too the mivec ones have a really big electrical plug and the non mivec will look really close to yours but with the throttle cable in the opposite side. And as far as I know 2003 outlanders are all non mivec ;)

4g64T 5spd

ok, guys. I just got the outlander im in along with the galant v6 tb. How do the coolant/water lines match up to the v6 tb. I know the feed is from the port on the head but where does the return go? also,ifim using the galant v6 tb; then i dont have to rewire the tps do i?

also, how is it that krispyo3 used the galant support on the outlander manifold, theres no way that works.
    Last edited by Rodriguez; 05-21-2013 at 04:23 PM

Quote Originally Posted by thegalant View Post
    where does that flat sensor go? I'm done but dont have a place for that yet. thanks
    This is still a mystery?! can anyone comment on where to put this sensor? Also, after installing the Outlander intake with a V6 throttle body, do we need to re-flash the Ecu or get some sort of tuning?
    De que estamos hablando?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

The outlander IM doesn't have a spot for the IFS aka flat sensor, when I had it, I attached it to one of the tapped holes on the front of the IM where the outlander throttle cable would go.

4g64T 5spd

did this swap on an 01 I4 I used to have. I just bolted the extra sensor on top using one of the throttle cable mounting screws. looked odd but didn't have any other place for it to mount.
    A man has an idea. The idea attracts others, like minded. The idea expands. The idea becomes the institution.

Quote Originally Posted by PR8GG View Post
    This is still a mystery?! can anyone comment on where to put this sensor? Also, after installing the Outlander intake with a V6 throttle body, do we need to re-flash the Ecu or get some sort of tuning?
    Ive been running the outlander swap with the galant v6 throttle body and no issues so far...so i would say no tuning is required but dont take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    Ive been running the outlander swap with the galant v6 throttle body and no issues so far...so i would say no tuning is required but dont take my word for it.
    Sorry to bump this thread, but did you use the Galant v6 TPS or the Outlander i4 TPS (with re-wiring)? Also, did you have to change the throttle cable, since you are using the v6 throttle body?

Sorry, I jumped the gun, I should have searched more, finald8ta has already done this comparison and it looks like the v6 TB with the outlander manifold will have leaks -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=outlander

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Sorry, I jumped the gun, I should have searched more, finald8ta has already done this comparison and it looks like the v6 TB with the outlander manifold will have leaks -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ight=outlander
    So I know the Evo 8/9 TB has a 67mm ID opening and taper down to 60mm at the blade so what about the Outlander TB? What is its opening ID?
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

how do you hook up the egr system?

why cant i use the galant throttle?
    Last edited by Voodoo; 10-06-2014 at 11:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense546 View Post
    how do you hook up the egr system?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsense546 View Post
    why cant i use the galant throttle?
    Where do you live? that way someone can take you under their wing
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    ok, guys. I just got the outlander im in along with the galant v6 tb. How do the coolant/water lines match up to the v6 tb. I know the feed is from the port on the head but where does the return go? also,ifim using the galant v6 tb; then i dont have to rewire the tps do i?

also, how is it that krispyo3 used the galant support on the outlander manifold, theres no way that works.
    because i am boss

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    they are not they same actually, that is why i was asking because not only are they different part number but the outlander ones have 12 hole nozzles on them whereas the galants have 4. I just did the swap and got a p0170 and one of the possible cause is a injector fueling error and i am running the outlander ones. i am about to swap back to the galant ones but i wanted to see if anyone had ran the outlanders ones and not thrown a code?
    I've got the Outlander rail/injectors in mine. I had a P0170 on my old car, but I suspect it was my intake piping. I got some small vacuum leaks taken care of, and the code is gone.

I'm running Outlander manifold, throttle body, throttle position sensor, AND fuel rail. For the throttle cable, if you cut/bend some sheet stock, you can make up your own bracket. It will aim the cable properly and let you reuse the 8G one. If you reuse the 8G throttle cable bracket, the cable will scrape at the opening due to the angle.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Update on the fuel injector situation:
    I'm gonna eat my words, I have an intermittent P0170 (bank 1 fuel trim) error. The long term fuel trim rails at +12.5, and the short-term fuel trim floats around 3-10 in normal driving. It's usually enough to keep the light off, and the O2 sensors are reporting the right mixture, but the ECU isn't happy at the adjustments it has to make to accommodate the injectors.

I've gone over every vacuum hose on the intake path, and they all test fine; I'm completely sure there aren't any vacuum leaks, especially not serious enough to cause this much of a fuel trim swing.

As a final workaround, I'm attempting to use the theory over at C3G about the ISS and base fuel trim. I discovered my SAS was set almost shut, so I'm slowly backing it out, resetting the ECU, and driving it for a couple tanks of gas to see if I can push the base fuel trim closer to neutral.
    2000 Mitsubishi Galant (totalled by semi, RIP)

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - Bought off Craigslist, received organ donation from last one:
    - Engine/5spd trans/interior/suspension/brakes/etc. all moved from old car
    - 5spd | Outlander IM | StopTech BBK | Defi VSD-X HUD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123