The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How To: Outlander Intake Manifold Swap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 55
    ok answer to your first picture.

this picture. Main coolant hose goes to the right side of the tb.

on the lefside goes to the engine. I mean you could by pass this lines. Just connect main coolant line strait to the engine.

outlander connector you could use the outlander or galant.

The main reason for the coolant go thru the tb is to heat up the air coming in the tb Is most for the IAC when engine is cold and it needs to get to operating temp it ajust the hight idle faster when engine is cold. you could always bypass it.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 11-08-2010 at 01:47 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Thx Bro, I got everything up and running now :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

So after finishing the swap Ive found out that the speculation in regards to the IAC is false, the Galants IAC works and is identical to the Outlander's; and in regards to the Accelerator cable, we do need the one from the outlander to work, or you would have to somehow modify the galant one by shortening it one to two inches.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Yes, IAC works not the TPS. Galant cable is fine on the oulander and the v6 tb

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

can somebody please take a picture of the EGR lines on the pass side i need them for mine. Basically showing the brass hard lines to the soft lines going to the EGR solenionds and sensors

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    can somebody please take a picture of the EGR lines on the pass side i need them for mine. Basically showing the brass hard lines to the soft lines going to the EGR solenionds and sensors
    I completely removed mine and rerouted the hoses bypassing that part, but only because i swapped for the Evo8 steering wheel i got rid of Cruise control

- If you've got nothing nice to say, what the hell is wrong with you!?!

can you post some picts.

Cause mine dindt come with the EGR soleniod or sensors, had the valve but not the stuff to operete the valve. And i am going to fab up the old stuff onto it

Has any body ran the outlander injectors with this???

Has any body ran the outlander injectors with this???
    From my understanding they are the same. So theres no reason to swap over...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    From my understanding they are the same. So theres no reason to swap over...
    they are not they same actually, that is why i was asking because not only are they different part number but the outlander ones have 12 hole nozzles on them whereas the galants have 4. I just did the swap and got a p0170 and one of the possible cause is a injector fueling error and i am running the outlander ones. i am about to swap back to the galant ones but i wanted to see if anyone had ran the outlanders ones and not thrown a code?

they are not they same actually, that is why i was asking because not only are they different part number but the outlander ones have 12 hole nozzles on them whereas the galants have 4. I just did the swap and got a p0170 and one of the possible cause is a injector fueling error and i am running the outlander ones. i am about to swap back to the galant ones but i wanted to see if anyone had ran the outlanders ones and not thrown a code?
    Hmm! Interesting... Well the galant ones work so there ya go, lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Yeap swapped to the galant ones and was all good. So I will pm prophet and ask him to edit the tut to say only galant injectorss

Yeap swapped to the galant ones and was all good. So I will pm prophet and ask him to edit the tut to say only galant injectorss
    Thanks Matt for bringing this to my attention. I edited the first post to reflect that information might be wrong...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

where does the flat sensor go???

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Hey folks I need some help with this swap. Ive run into a few connection questions. Pics below...

This sensor was bolted to the top of the manifold before but now theres no mounting point that I can see:
    where does that flat sensor go? I'm done but dont have a place for that yet. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    i used the same bracket off the galants oem manifold, just painted it
    What connects to the EGR valve? I have the whole thing together and been driving on it for a few days with nothing connected to the EGR. I have the small vacuum line connected to it but those 2 side connections have nothing and I have a short spare hose here, do the coolant lines run to the EGR and then to the TB?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

In the outlander IM the EGR valve doesn't have coolant lines, the EGR only uses a small vacuum line and thats it, btw ziptie it cause mine liked to pop off and that made the car feel like it had no power and throw a SES code. I also bypassed the TB so I was only running a line from the water neck to the waterpipe

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    In the outlander IM the EGR valve doesn't have coolant lines, the EGR only uses a small vacuum line and thats it, btw ziptie it cause mine liked to pop off and that made the car feel like it had no power and throw a SES code. I also bypassed the TB so I was only running a line from the water neck to the waterpipe
    Thanks for the quick reply. yeah I've seen that the outlander doesn't have the hoses the galant one does. I just wanted to hook it up the way it was before. I just talked to a tech at mitsubishi and he said those are indeed coolant lines, so the water neck and water pipe hoses must make a circuit through the egr and tb. In which order I'm not sure, the instructions I've seen on the swap make the lower water hose going to the right side of the tb and the upper water neck hose to the left side of the tb. It's just heating the air in the tb and exhaust in the egr. just curious why you did the bypass? I've got a couple zip ties ready for when I've decided to leave it how it is, I got new hoses on the vac stuff so I'm thinking it's good for the moment. I didn't get the extending tubes from the outlander so I could mount the vac stuff up and I'm using the standard 4 cyl tb.
    Last edited by thegalant; 01-28-2013 at 05:50 PM

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

It's been said before that the hot coolant running through the TB would get the air thats entering the engine hot and affect performance, so the majority of us when we do the TB swap we bypass the coolant lines aswell, It's also done on other platforms and I haven't seen or felt any adverse effect.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    It's been said before that the hot coolant running through the TB would get the air thats entering the engine hot and affect performance, so the majority of us when we do the TB swap we bypass the coolant lines aswell, It's also done on other platforms and I haven't seen or felt any adverse effect.
    Alright, I wonder if I should do the bypass since I don't have the EGR connected. I'll connect the egr once I figure out which way the lines go into it, I wouldn't think it would matter which way the coolant goes through the egr but maybe it does. I care about mpg, so I kinda want this rigged up right. Maybe I should try it connected and disconnected just for my own satisfaction of knowing. Right now it's running like a top with just the coolant lines through the tb.

I found a 03 outlander with the intake, but how do I b sure it's the NON-mivec intake. The owner doesn't know the answer and I was looking for a way to determine if it's the correct one before I fork over cash.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast