The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How can I pull engine codes from a 99'?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

How can I pull engine codes from a 99'?

Every other ODB II and ODB II car that I've worked on has had a way to pull the engine codes with out the use of a scanner. I've looked around here and searched Google, and I cannot find anything relevant for helping me out..

.. so, what's the secret to pulling them on a '99 with the 4-cylinder?

Thanks.

i've always just pulled them with a scanner, you can get a cheap one for like $30 or a decent one for around $100, sorry i couldnt be more help

i have a 99 have no problem's reading my codes, well i say that, my obd2 port is abit miffed and i have to push the scanner cable and the port together for it to pick up a signal but other than that work's 100%
    Last edited by Poison457; 12-04-2009 at 06:19 PM
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

Thanks for the input fellows. The car is in no condition to safely drive anywhere, so I cannot go anywhere to purchase a scanner - I just gotta pull 'em right here. On most cards, there is an input which needs to be grounded and then the signal can be read from that via ohm-meter or by pulses sent to the check / service engine light. That's what I need.

:)

well hmmpf i did not know that, well you got me man, i have NO idea how you would do that
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

"Mitsubishi Unlike most of the cars explained in this story, Mitsubishi's require more than just a jumper wire and a check engine light. This vehicle requires use of a multi-meter. The meter will act as your jumper wire within the diagnostic plug. The diagnostic plug is located on the right-hand side of the fuse box and the two pins that will need to be jumped with the meter are the number 12 and 1 pins. With the meter on the voltage setting and the car in the "ON" position, the code could be read in short and long bursts of voltage sent across the meter. Long bursts of voltage spikes signify digits of 10 and short spikes represent digits of one. Codes can be read with a digital volt/ohm meter but an analog meter is much easier to read."

Full article
    http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...des/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    "Mitsubishi Unlike most of the cars explained in this story, Mitsubishi's require more than just a jumper wire and a check engine light. This vehicle requires use of a multi-meter. The meter will act as your jumper wire within the diagnostic plug. The diagnostic plug is located on the right-hand side of the fuse box and the two pins that will need to be jumped with the meter are the number 12 and 1 pins. With the meter on the voltage setting and the car in the "ON" position, the code could be read in short and long bursts of voltage sent across the meter. Long bursts of voltage spikes signify digits of 10 and short spikes represent digits of one. Codes can be read with a digital volt/ohm meter but an analog meter is much easier to read."

Full article
    http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp...des/index.html
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

mm.. now where to find an analog meter. :)

Walmart.... >20 bucks