The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which springs do you have on your 6g

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    rizzla

which springs do you have on your 6g

Please specify if awd or 2wd and pics would be appreciatted...

[FIN]Teme

Re: which springs do you have on your 6g

i used to have Cobra Suspensions lowering springs that lowered -40mm, those were good springs... sorry no pics..
    then i sold them and bought KONI sport suspension kit..

ken inn
    koni makes a sport suspension kit for the galant?

[FIN]Teme
    yup.

ken inn
    how about more info? unless this is very recent, koni has no gas shocks for the galant, only the t/e/l. which are slightly different lengths, and have different dampening characteristics. where did you get this suspension kit? are we talking springs and shocks, and did you have to cut up the stock front struts to install them?

[FIN]Teme
    i bought it from a regular car tuning store. I bought just the shocks, i have COBRA SUSPENSION's -40mm lowering springs on them.
    they can be manually adjusted (koni sport)

this is some link i found of the koni sport:

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/koni/sport.jsp

and didn't have to modify nothin' just installed them normally.

werkenskunkem
    ive got elit lowering springs made by lesjofors of sweden in my 92 sohc galant, good springs man installed gas shocks too... the drop is 1.5 inch that the only one they have,

Rasko Da Gama
    Werkenskunkem! Do you have (or had) 1992 AWD SOHC Galant or FWD SOHC? I heard that springs from FWD wont fit perfectly on AWD from the same year... It's the same story with shocks...

Sugestions?

orangbaligila
    hi, i have a FWD GTi with Koni shocks (non adjustable) and H&R lowering springs. it is really hard to find suspension parts (or is it any performance part?! hehehe...) for 6G. but i'm planning to install Tanabe's Air Cobra (special manufacture) s*#t price and waiting time ($1900 and 2,5 months!! respectably) but i'll get the adjustability feature with Tanabe's quality then, oh, yeah, and a 2 year guarantee,.. i'll just cross my finger on this one,.. heheh..

cheers...

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orangbaligila)</div><div class='quotemain'>hi, i have a FWD GTi with Koni shocks (non adjustable) and H&R lowering springs. it is really hard to find suspension parts (or is it any performance part?! hehehe...) for 6G. but i'm planning to install Tanabe's Air Cobra (special manufacture) s*#t price and waiting time ($1900 and 2,5 months!! respectably) but i'll get the adjustability feature with Tanabe's quality then, oh, yeah, and a 2 year guarantee,.. i'll just cross my finger on this one,.. heheh..

cheers...</div>

Damn orange! That G-rideo in your avatar looks SICK!!! :shock: Looks like an 8G bodykit on a 6G...???

Am I right?

Do you have any pic of your ride... Don't tell me this is yours???

Nice, Anoher night I won't sleep... LoL :shock:

speedrich
    Are the Cobra coils sold in canada?
    At least in the US....

I'm really looking for a good set of springs 'cause I want to continue my "drop-zone" era!!
    I always had dropped cars and I wont stop now! :twisted:

ConceptSleeper
    nope the Cobra Springs are European! Intrax gives a damn good drop and hey, they're sold here in the states

speedrich
    all right! I heard about Intrax springs but I just wonder if Cobra springs were sold here..because it sounded like they are giving a good drop...but if you tell me that Intrax does the same good job...Intrax rocks to my ears!!! :twisted:

thank you man!

J apmetal
    If you have an AWD Galant, the suspension setup is the same as for the VR4s the same age - FWD springs/dampers dont fit right but VR4 gear will !!

I've not modded my suspension yet - since I've got a GTi 4WD I'm gonna get better wheels/tyres & see what the ride is like then.