The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Direct Connection Wiring Harness

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Direct Connection Wiring Harness

So I found an installation kit but I cannot find a wiring harness anywhere. Does anyone know where I could get one? don't say best buy cause they don't..

a harness for what?

If your lookin for a radio wire harness you can check crutchfield.com they have it for about $15.00.

I was wondering if they had a direct connect harness that didn't require cutting of factory wires?

don't cut anything splice and solder or use tap in's never never never cut anything wire's unless your 100% sure you will never need to mess with it again
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

I'm sorry that probably seems like a pretty novice question to people on here but the only systems I've ever installed have been on pre 00's which it wasn't really a big deal and I didn't care much.. granted they never had electrical issues because of cutting but this is my first and only brand new vehicle and I don't wanna void the electrical system warranty by cutting, so if someone would be kind enough to give me a walk through on how to "tap in, or solder" to a wiring harness that hooks into the back of an aftermarket deck, I would greatly appreciate it.

Right on the spot. I'm at the bottom of the food chain here too, but if you don't know what something is . . . there always the "gugul-IT" magic my friend. Doing your own research is always the best way to start. PPL HAVE been there way before you . . . and ME! :D

As far as I'm concerned any modification [electrical or mechanical] can void your warranty. All you need to know is which parameters you can play with.
    Check how explicit your warranty is (that means if it says something like ie. "Aftermarket installations either mechanical or electrical, will void this warranty UNLESS (keyword - UNLESS) installed by a professional or MiTS dealer")

I think the radio is Fine, just make sure a live wire doesn't make contact somewhere it shouldn't. Although I have to agree, generally: cutting, breaking and throwing away stuff is never good with things you might have to return, or might need later. :D

I think in your case I'd make my own harness or play with some copper cables and black tape/ electrical tape . . .

MUch luck!
    Last edited by echo12; 12-08-2009 at 12:36 AM

goto your local radio shack and ask for tap in's, some people hate them, other people like me love them, if it's for something like a radio that wire's arn't going to be moving around much they work great, but if you were going to be doing some wireing in your engine bay you would defently want to splice and solder.

a tap in is a plasic connector that has 2 slots in it and steel blade in the middle, one tube is a strait though for your original wire the other tube is block off for your new wire. they come in different gauges so make sure you get the right gauge tap in for your wires.

this is a HUGE picture of what a tap in, is
    http://www.discountcarstereo.com/images/stinger/801.jpg
    Last edited by Poison457; 12-08-2009 at 02:50 PM
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

it's called a smart harness they come in two pieces each piece has a common universal plug one male and one female the other 2 ends match up 1 side to the car and 1 side to the radio of your choice and I got mine a either best buy or circut city which is of no help now

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    it's called a smart harness they come in two pieces each piece has a common universal plug one male and one female the other 2 ends match up 1 side to the car and 1 side to the radio of your choice and I got mine a either best buy or circut city which is of no help now
    best buy never had these. only circuit city had the smart cables.