The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I just hit a jackpot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41

I just hit a jackpot

HI, I was just given the oppurtunity to part out an 2006 EVO any parts i want i take and keep for free. Now my questions are what parts can I swap over. The MIVEC motor i know but what about wiring harness and ecu,
    1. would i use my stock G harness or the evo, same with the ecu,.
    2. And if i did go with the EVO harness would it connect to my Cluster and any other connetions on the car
    3. A/C stock or Evo
    4. Powersteering
    5.Starter
    6.Throttle Cables
    6.Cruise Control

Please help as much as possible. And don't flame I have searched the forum and have found nothing.

Also any other parts i may need please help with.
    Thank-you

lucky bastard

LOL i I knew someone was going to say that but that don't help me

You are most likely going to have to rewire the harness for the cluster etc.

Pull the trans, motor, knuckles, axles, brakes, and wheels from it.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    lucky bastard
    X2

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

why not take the whole car and fix whats broke? got any pics

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    why not take the whole car and fix whats broke? got any pics
    The car was in an acident and bent the frame.

I would have no use for the trans, steering knuckles i assume is what you mean?

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    Mmmm...brembos

well, if you are not going to use the trans then you wont need the knuckles.

If I were you I'd grab the trans. it's a much better option than the 3G manual, just more labor intensive.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    pull the trans and give it to me

you cant get the frame straightened?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    hook me up with the seats lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    well, if you are not going to use the trans then you wont need the knuckles.

If I were you I'd grab the trans. it's a much better option than the 3G manual, just more labor intensive.
    Wouldn't i also need the rear diff, axles, ect.

I could but, insurance for a 16 year old on an 2006 EVO if they would even insure me

I could pull the trans and give it to you for the right price

The seats are going into my car....

I only have six hours or so to get what i want, including motor, wing, seats, brakes, wiring harness, ECU, all accessories, CLuster(just for a refernece) motor mounts(so i can get the prothane inserts and not have to take off my stocks, a swap and go), steering wheel, hub, and anything i want

Sorry i don't know how to do multiple quotes

Hey could you gend me a price for the center trim bezel for the clock/havard/ac vents?

shipped to 33407
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    This is going to cost alot of money and time invested to make any of this work I hope you know. About the only thing completely bolt on from the Evo, is the Brembo brakes.

So unless you have deep pockets, you might want to rethink this whole project.
    Another option that would be a little less expensive would be to build the 8G 4G64 block and swap the evo head with a manual trans out of a 3G Eclipse as well. You would need the wiring harness and ecu as well for that swap.

A member named "Cali" did a full Evo swap into his old 8G, and a member named "Stewi" swapped the Evo head into his 8G, they would be a good reference for some information as well.

Q's has an incomplete build thread as well for an evo swap>>>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...light=evo+swap

Thats all the spoon feeding Im doing for the rest of the year, "SEARCH" the rest. If I could find this stuff you can find it. This is an over talked subject here.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Hey could you gend me a price for the center trim bezel for the clock/havard/ac vents?

shipped to 33407
    Yeah I can, BUt i am not making any garantees on part condition right now, as I have not seen the car yet, once I get it pulled I will PM you a pic and we can go from there.

I will be willing to take parts request but i can't garantee parts, due to my time is limited and i have a parts list, and avalilbility of parts.

I have the time since i am a homeschooled high school student, As for deep pockets what do yo mena, I have anything from an evo at my fingertips, i have access to a full shop with any tools i may need, and a full blown Race shop for anything a regular shop can't build.

Meaning will you have the money to finish a project of this caliber. I wouldnt know any of the details about your resources without you telling me, so its a valid question.
    Is this shop going to do all of this work for FREE? Do you have the knowledge to do the labor on your own? If so, then go for it, just know that the project by any means isnt simple.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Meaning will you have the money to finish a project of this caliber. I wouldnt know any of the details about your resources without you telling me, so its a valid question.
    Is this shop going to do all of this work for FREE? Do you have the knowledge to do the labor on your own? If so, then go for it, just know that the project by any means isnt simple.
    SO you were just sayin deep pockets, because of shops expense. The first shop is my neighbors, he is willing to do what he can as long is i do the majority of the work. He is an ASE technition. The race shop, is my freinads dad's and uncle's, same thing they are willing to guide me and help me as long as i do most of the work. The race shop, builds top fuel, funny car, pro-mod chapmionship motors, It also does proffessional welding on nascars, collar coasters, billboard signs, exhaust, ect. BTW i think you car is pretty sick looking

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    SO you were just sayin deep pockets, because of shops expense. The first shop is my neighbors, he is willing to do what he can as long is i do the majority of the work. He is an ASE technition. The race shop, is my freinads dad's and uncle's, same thing they are willing to guide me and help me as long as i do most of the work. The race shop, builds top fuel, funny car, pro-mod chapmionship motors, It also does proffessional welding on nascars, collar coasters, billboard signs, exhaust, ect. BTW i think you car is pretty sick looking
    Not only bcz of shop expenses, but in the case you might need to buy replacement parts from the evo if for some odd reason some of the parts you get from this evo dont work. Stuff like that happens. Cali bought an evo motor that looked fine, but the block was cracked which left him with no compression in one of his cylinders. So just set aside as much money as you can to help with this build. Because there will be something, not to mention needing to custom fab some parts as well.

And thanks for the compliment, its appreciated :)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Not only bcz of shop expenses, but in the case you might need to buy replacement parts from the evo if for some odd reason some of the parts you get from this evo dont work. Stuff like that happens. Cali bought an evo motor that looked fine, but the block was cracked which left him with no compression in one of his cylinders. So just set aside as much money as you can to help with this build. Because there will be something, not to mention needing to custom fab some parts as well.

And thanks for the compliment, its appreciated :)
    Thank-you for your help, right now i am starting just by gathering anyhthing i can, an hell so far i haven't paid a dime on my car, I got it for free, now anything i want from an evo for free. Now what on your front-end is not stock?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast