The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I just hit a jackpot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 41
    You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Ur wlcm. Headlights, grille, bumper & foglights are all JDM.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

If the air bag didnt go off, which it probably did in accident I want the steering wheel. Pull all thats good and sell what you dont need or want to us and Evo forums. 6 hours is more than enough to rip it apart. Rent a U-Haul truck.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    Wouldn't i also need the rear diff, axles, ect.
    You can run the EVO trans FWD. With a littlle bit of cutting to the front subframe.

Doing a quick search here or Club3g and you will quickly find out that a fellow Galant Center member is running the EVO trans FWD and a few members on C3G are running them AWD.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

blue8g
    i want the evo trans.....where are you

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    i want the evo trans.....where are you
    I am located in maryland, If i have the time I will get it, and send you a pic and pricing. i will only be able to get the transmission since i will be cutting the axles for the brakes, reason being i have alot to get, and i don't have the six hours i thought i only have 4 1/2 max. I will mostly be cutting stuff off and disassembling later.

I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of re-doing the subfram, i will just get a re-furbed 3g tranny to start with, maybe when i start upgrading ill either get it built or i will go evo trans.

Sorry but i was going to put the steering wheel on my car, if you want any other parts besides, front seat, wing, rims, brakes, badges, seat rails, motor, ecu, wiring harness, cluster, or motor mounts let me know and i will be happy to get it to you.
    Last edited by mrg7243; 12-09-2009 at 02:40 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I am located in maryland, If i have the time I will get it, and send you a pic and pricing. i will only be able to get the transmission since i will be cutting the axles for the brakes, reason being i have alot to get, and i don't have the six hours i thought i only have 4 1/2 max. I will mostly be cutting stuff off and disassembling later.

I really don't want to have to go through the hassle of re-doing the subfram, i will just get a re-furbed 3g tranny to start with, maybe when i start upgrading ill either get it built or i will go evo trans.

Sorry but i was going to put the steering wheel on my car, if you want any other parts besides, front seat, wing, rims, brakes, badges, seat rails, motor, ecu, wiring harness, cluster, or motor mounts let me know and i will be happy to get it to you.
    are the front axles damaged? If not, please dont cut them, I would like to buy them from you.

I am the member referred to above, I run the EVO trans in my car converted to FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    are the front axles damaged? If not, please dont cut them, I would like to buy them from you.

I am the member referred to above, I run the EVO trans in my car converted to FWD
    I honestly have no clue if they, i will try to keep them intact, but if i get a time crunch i will cut them, i can't garrantee anything.

Also how did you convert it do you just run it without a driveshaft?

I honestly have no clue if they, i will try to keep them intact, but if i get a time crunch i will cut them, i can't garrantee anything.

Also how did you convert it do you just run it without a driveshaft?
    Honestly, the factory EVO axle shafts are made of a material close to that of 300M, I doubt your gonna have anything laying around thats gonna cut through an axle shaft. Aside from that, the axles are easily pryed off once the knuckle is unbolted, so cutting or attempting to cut the axle will get you no where...fast.

In order to run the trans FWD you need to open the trans up and weld the center diff (the one in the trans, not the one in the transfer case). You then seperate the transfer case, removing the middle/tail section leaving just the front part and make a block off plate to cover where the rear part used to be. You also need to trim the subframe a bit, you dont need to fabricate a new one, but it does need to be removed/trimmed/cut and test fit a few times to get it right on.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Honestly, the factory EVO axle shafts are made of a material close to that of 300M, I doubt your gonna have anything laying around thats gonna cut through an axle shaft. Aside from that, the axles are easily pryed off once the knuckle is unbolted, so cutting or attempting to cut the axle will get you no where...fast.

In order to run the trans FWD you need to open the trans up and weld the center diff (the one in the trans, not the one in the transfer case). You then seperate the transfer case, removing the middle/tail section leaving just the front part and make a block off plate to cover where the rear part used to be. You also need to trim the subframe a bit, you dont need to fabricate a new one, but it does need to be removed/trimmed/cut and test fit a few times to get it right on.
    I gotta plasma cutter whats an estimate of removal time? I will try my best to get them.

It sounds like a pain in the ass to do the transmission.

I gotta plasma cutter whats an estimate of removal time? I will try my best to get them.

It sounds like a pain in the ass to do the transmission.
    Here is the easiest way. disconnect the two bolts that hold the lower control arm to the subframe/body of the car, disconnect the brake line, remove (cut) the stabilizer bar end link it attaches to the top of the lower control arm, then remove the 3 nuts that hold the top of the strut to the body, the whole thing should drop out, then just use a pry bar to get the axle to slide off the trans. when you pry the axle, pry the green part of the inner CV, dont pry the dust shield it will just damage it.

If your using air tools and a plasma cutter you should be able to get both sides out in under 30 minutes. With hand tools about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fast you work.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Alright sounds decently easy, should i get your axle before i drop the motor, or could i just cut all the supports and drop motor trans, axles, everyhting at once??

The car was in an acident and bent the frame.

I would have no use for the trans, steering knuckles i assume is what you mean?
    The frame can be repaired. Get the whole car, fix it, sell it.

seriously, i would just buy the whole evo from ya lol

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member
    Where are you in MD im in MD as well I can come help!! I want some parts!!! lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The frame can be repaired. Get the whole car, fix it, sell it.
    The frame isnt the problem the guy said i could take whatever i want as long as i don't take the body or the frame. or i would have to pay, he crushes cars for five hundred a pop.

Its down past charlotte hall in st. marys, id love help and stuff but the guy said anyone but me and my friend have to pay for parts....

Alright sounds decently easy, should i get your axle before i drop the motor, or could i just cut all the supports and drop motor trans, axles, everyhting at once??
    here is the EASIEST way.

Being the guy crushes cars for a living, I would venture to say he probably has a large forklift.

Get the car jacked up on all 4 corners. Support the car on the body not on the subframe or any suspension parts. Get the forklift under the front of the car, with the forks aimed toward the back of the car and up against the subframe. Go under the car, unbolt the 3 bolts holding the engine mount on the passenger side to the engine, then unbolt the large 14mm bolt that holds the passenger side engine mount to the body. Then go under the car, unbolt the 6 subframe bolts, unbolt the 2 front K-frame bolts, unbolt the 3 nuts on each strut tower, lower the forklift and the whole thing will drop out the bottom. As your dropping it out, use large cutting pliers and cut any hoses or wiring that gets tangles, its gonna end up being the fuel lines and possibly 1 power steering line and the oil cooler lines.

Move the forklift to the rear and do the same thing with the rear subframe and upper strut bolts. Now the entire suspension and drivetrain will be on the ground. now get the forklift under the side of the body, lift the body up and out of the way and set it aside, viola, there is all your stuff.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

yes he does have a forklift, i take it this would prob take three hours to do if i am not mistaken, which gives me plenty of time to get parts requested and my stuff

yeah doing it this way is easiest because once the body is out of the way you can stand over the drivetrain and have all types of access to take it apart versus doing it laying on your back with no leverage.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Man you will have saved sooo much time, thanks. i just found out there is an lancer the too, if you want anthing off that tooo.

Does he have a 03 outlander? I need the intake manni and tb.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast