The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: G has went on to a better place

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    JAC00BLKES

G has went on to a better place

So my galant was declared totaled yesterday after an accident from this past Wednesday.

kinda pissed about the situation but now i have to look for a new car now got some ideas in the mix but who knows

so i really wanted to post this for all the 8gs in the baltimore metro area since i know my car will make it to a junkyard soon it many of its parts are in top condition

such as the front brakes: rotors and pads were only a week old
    15inch goodyear integrity substantial tread left i had them since august of 2008
    everything on the rear of the car is in good condition since the front is where all the damage occurred

i know for a fact nothing cosmetic from the front in can be used but i am not sure about any internal parts

i would pull all the parts off the car and bring them home but of course i am not that skilled yet i am still trying figure out how to uninstall the remote starter thats in there and the radio

but this was just a random fyi post for some local ppl who are looking for some parts

sucks to hear about another galant being totaled. You have any pictures?

sorry to hear about that man, im glad your ok

JAC00BLKES

JAC00BLKES

JAC00BLKES
    wow i haven't been on here for a while i was trying to post pics of the accident but they are not showing up

Experienced TGC Member
    just post some links to photobucket or something, Ill look for it in the jy
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

put the links then, sorry to hear bro glad you seem ok. Who was at fault and how much do you have to shop with?

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about that. Glad to see you weren't hurt in the accident. Best of luck looking for a new car.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

That's a shame. They just love to total galants as our cars have no value now. Good to hear that you got out safe.

JAC00BLKES
    yeah i was ok just a little sore from gripping the steering wheel for dear life lol
    i will work on the links

but basically what happened was

i was on 695 at 83 (for all my MD ppl)
    i was in the center lane a stupid truck tried to cut me off and when he jumped in front of me he spinned out did like a 180 hit another pick-up in front of me

i tried to move out of the way but of course it was no way out

i hit the brakes and slammed right into the back of the f350 super duty

the airbags didn't even deploy i even called mitsu about it

they sent me the page of the manual that states that the airbag may not deploy in a collision like mine.............dumbest thing i heard

so when i thought i could make allstate just pay for the car maybe give me a salvage title or something

while my car was at the tow yard a stupid tree fell on it and it was decleared a total loss

i now have a ion coupe

JAC00BLKES

Last edited by JAC00BLKES; 12-31-2009 at 05:31 PM

A fucking tree fell on it? Wow dude, that is some seriously shitty luck.
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 12-31-2009 at 07:52 PM

JAC00BLKES

Icon10

yeah i was like somebody didn't want me to drive the g any longer i was so pissed

but i go off scott free at court so that was it

Omg tree!... I almost got a Saturn Ion instead of G. Its a decent car. Did you get money from towing company? Im pretty sure that becase it was damaged on their premises their insurance should pay you too.

JAC00BLKES
    i wish allstate played me when i called them back they said since they already totalled the car out they weren't obligated to pay out more

got my dad to call them they added a few extra dollars

in the end i got like 3500

i like the ion its pretty cool, i like having a coupe and its a 5speed