The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Overheating No Fans turning on

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Overheating No Fans turning on

I have an 01 v6 w/ 197k on her. Its been awhile since its been daily driven. Trying to get it on the road again but it overheats and the fans do not come on at all; even the ac fan when switched on inside. The radiator has some hairline cracks near the cap, is this part of the problem or just a symptom? From what Ive gathered reading other posts it the cracked rad might be a bad pressure cap, which is possible cuz its still the original from '01. But how would that not cause the fans to start? Would a new thermostat or temp sensor help with the fans not coming on? Have already checked the fuses and relays under the hood; am somewhat mechanically inclined and they seem easy enough to replace just not sure they'd help the problem......

The culprits are:

- Fan relay, fuse box

- Engine coolant temp sensor (ECT), located top hose next to valve cover (looks like wires plugged into pipe.

- Faulty Thermostat

- PCM Module, located under the glove compartment; the most expensive out of the 4.

hows the coolant level? my car did this and it was low on coolant. when theres not enough of it in the system the temp sensor cant work properly because there isnt coolant reaching to it so it doesnt measure correctly. in my case everything was fixed by adding coolant
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

your fan relays are bad have them tested or replace them, also replace that radiator now. mine had hairline cracks in the same areas i replaced an eclipse the same year i wish mitsubishi would recall them but no.