The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mrg7243's 2001 galant build

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Showing results 101 to 108 of 108
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I told her that n she still said no. :(

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Corey2kG View Post
    I told her that n she still said no. :(
    that sucks, whata fun sucker haha

Time to revive this, Since my last update i have hit a curb, lowered teh car, gotten GST wheels, 02-03 headlights, painted the grill, cut lower bars outta bumper, got a prelude lip, tucked my throttle cable, Put on my outlander mainfold with 72 TB, tinted the windows, and developed some serious rod knock. Sound productive. BUt here are some recent pics of stuff

35% tint of 3m color steble looks darker but still transmits light

Before

After

Chilling in UT

This all came out when i bleed the lifters, i am eating a bearing somewhere and the shaveing are going into my fresh head, so good thing i caught it. Hopefully not to much damage is done to the head

And Day 1 worht of progress, tommorrow the head will come off.

Experienced TGC Member
    Seeing bj's heads makes me not want to retrofit projectors in mine.

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

dang man.... your going to tear into the block?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice progress, sorry to see about your motor though. Everything else looks good, and damn I love that hood on BJ's car. Looks so good Colormatched instead of CF, bcz it looks OEM for a sec, then your like "Oh wait a minute!" LOL!
    I might have to get one of those one day now, SMH. Add it to the list of expenses I've already accrued...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    dang man.... your going to tear into the block?
    Yeap entire thing is coing out by friday, tommorrow the head

So heres my update its been done for some time now. But I have a EGR code but its because of some wiresmissing contact or sumfin. but here we go

So basically when my orignal motor started making funny noises i said it was time to go(plus it was puking out metal shavings) I bought this junkyard motor the was compression tested with 170 across all 4 cylinders. I then swapped old head over to the newer motor, as my old head was ported. Then onto a Felpro MLS head gasket and ARP head studs. I have my prosport gauges.Note the 5 speed trans, the car is soooooo much funner to drive(meh at my poor english). The shifting seems notchy to me but that may just be me. But goes into gear and out with out noise. Just a few little things i want to tidy up and finish but it is 98% done to where i would not have to do anything at all besideds regular maintenance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456