The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mrg7243's 2001 galant build

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 108
    Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    dude, fuck those coilpacks. Just use the OEM ones.
    Agreed. There's no way in hell I'd mess with that garbage a 2nd time.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

if i get my money back, i will probably sell them on ebay for what i bought them for if i get a replacement.

Just an update on my progress I just ordered a front cat a rear cat and a cat- bakc system. The front liscene plate holder is off. I havent been able to get OBX to refund or replace........yet. I have change my priorities for the car. This came from more research pricing, looking around ect.

Engine
    Evo Dohc head swap
    Lifters, vavles, ratainers, springs ect.
    Trying to get a spare 2.4 block to build
    turbo
    rods crank, pistons the works
    Meagan Catback Already ordered Have not installed yet
    Eastern OEM front catAlready ordered Have not installed yet
    Rear Cat(i dont remeber the make)Already ordered Have not installed yet
    Manual Transmission
    Clutch Kit
    Prothane MM
    Ebay cold air
    6g72 TB

Exterior
    Zenkie aero grill
    Tinted Tails
    Halo Projectors
    Rims( havent found the perfect ones yet)
    Tint windows

Suspension/ Braking
    Meagan Lowering springs
    AGX struts
    DC sports STB
    Suspension techinques sway bars with urathane bushings
    Brembos
    Rear disc conversion ss braided lines
    EVO 8 or 10 wing

INterior
    Alpine headunit
    Alpine factory replacment speakers
    Single ten inch
    Reclining BUckets
    Steering wheel of some sort maybe evo's momo
    Painting wood trim
    Reverse glow gauges

NOw all of this os going to take some time serious time and a little bit of the green stuff and elbow grease.

Cat-Back came today=)

Mr Fedex just brought me a late xmas present to myself
    My MEagan Cat back

the can is huge Has anyone had any problems with it, my friend was saying a big can attracts the cops more. I thought our bumper tucks it up nicely, can someone post some pics of theirs, and if anyone has painted thiers could you please post pics of it painted.

well i did a few things this weekend
    INstalled cat-back
    Cleared turns
    installed both cats

This week i am ordering both o2 sensors and the silverstar clear turns
    Also, the car is haveing acceleration issues. When either i floor it or roll into reall quickly it sounds like its knocking, but if i slowly roll into it is fine. NOw i dont have the o2 sensors in since i have to replace them(the got stripped out when pulling them from the rusty ass cats.) BUt im not sure if this is from them, it almost sounds like a miss fire. The car will have no power, but if i slowly roll into it does I havent scanned it for codes yet, so idk whats up. if anyone has any ideas please post about them. I copyed this from my other post in problems its something that really worries me so i want to get as many answers as i can

Where can i find o2 sensors that dont involve wiring, the ones with the clips attached??

Proto
    The reason your car runs like crap is because you don't have the O2 sensors in and the easiest place is the dealer.

got new tie rod ends since i have no rubbber boot around my stockers

And i pulled the head since its out im going to have it PnP, decked, and checked for warpege and crakes. Hopefully my headgasket issue will solve my issues with the car

and the head off, i will post some pics off the combustion chambers later, i think one of my valves has a slights bend in it, and they all have a crusty nasty crap on them. Nut im taking it to the machine shop and having the owner look at it.

for some reason my cell phone isnt taking pics like it used to sorry guys

You removed the headstuds in the correct order right? And how are you planning to check deck warpage? I would see if you can get a machined straight edge and feeler gauges.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

of course i removed them in the right order, im not that mechanically stupid lol. I am taking the head to an old timer i know who owns The Machine Shop, and he is going to show me how to check for warpage, disassemble and clean the head. And if need be deck the head and possibly the block, since on the front of cylinder 2 there is an inperfection of the meetal, kind of coroded feel to it, he will look at that too. But im thinking the car had previously had a blown headgasket and it was never fixed correctly. What lead me to belive that i had one was the fact that the car was sputterring real bad, i was burning coolant, the typical white smoke with the exhaust haveing a sickly sweet smell to it, cylindeer 2 misfire (whiich is the one that has the corroson on the cgasket mating surfacee), and my cylinder 2 plug was/is almmost greyish white type color.
    damn this was along post to type out on a phone
    Last edited by mrg7243; 05-24-2010 at 10:16 PM

I got some good news the machinist i had look at the block siad it was all fine, that imperfection i was felling was excess gasket material on the head. So when i tear back into the car sometime soon i new to clean it all of, and make it shiny not the black it was(dont flame me i didnt know that, you learn something new every day). But i am still thinking the car has had headwork since i was pulling the coolent connector thingys from the head and they didnt have gaskets, but somebody used a shiton of gasket maker goop on it.

I took some pics of the head ill post them up tomorrow to see what you guys think cylinder 2 is a burnt white color with alot of crap hanging off the intake valves, cylinder 1 and 3 is brownish with less stuff than 2 hanging off the intake valve, and cylinder 4 is the most normal looking one.

So im speculating that there was a major coolant leak into cylinder 2 causing a misfire code and white plug, along with the sputtering, and some of the coolant leaked into 1 and 3 which cause those to look nasty. and since 4 is the farthest away it got away with either very minimal or none at all.

Also does anyone know how to prevent red wasp from building nest in your door jams i stuck my hand on the center pillar to get out of the car and that lil sum-biyitch stung me.

Heres the pics of the bottom side of the head

Cylinders 1 and 2

3 and 4

Cylinder 2 i couldnt get a good up close pict wiht the camera and this is the best one

Here is cylinder 3, with hlaf of cylinder 2

Cleaned up the INtake Manifold

V6 Tb, all i need is the V6 IAV and it goes on, of course when the motor gets put back together

well the car is finnally together, fresh head and it was ported. JW how many people on here have a ported SOHC head?? the car runs great, just going through the final fluid flushes, getting all the cleaing crap that got down in the cooling system and oil pan.
    Got some new tie rod ends, so the car should be ready for its lonnnnggg asss trip to colorado this summer.

Well havent updated in sometime. I put on a cheap ass voltage regulator box, my friend gave me. It was one of those what the hell why not, though i am impressed with it. My radio is cripser, and lights are brighter so no complaints with that. Went to the junkyard today and got myself the IAC needed for the V6 TB. Installed it in 30 min. Pretty impressed so far. I didnt reset the ECU yet though, gotta write down the radio presets and mileage. So i dont have the full benefit yet.

Sometime in the next week or so i am going to get a set of jack stands and do the rear disc conversion. It will be done with R1 drilled and slotted rotors, the v6 rear stuff, and even a proportion valve. So it will almost be that the car came with four round disc the way it will preform.

Quick teaser of whats coming up
    Eclipse STB
    Tinted tails
    Rear disc conversion and drilled and slotted rotors

need to clean the engine bay, but the STB installed

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Looks good in a bigger pic Matt didnt waste time putting it on lol. I should post the post the pics of the grill

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Its alittle easier to see. Thanks man, i wasnt even home for 5 min after the jnukyard when i installed it lol. You need to it looks great.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Yeah I'm gonna do that now lol. I'm get black engine enamel n paint the vc you got before I put it on the one I have now I messed it up trying to get out the old gasket.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

that will look good, are you doing a wrinkle?? or just gloss black??

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast