The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Water Damage Please Help

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Icon9 Water Damage Please Help

Please help. The other day after a heavy rain I drove through so tire deep water. The car seems to be working fine but now when I turn I can hear a large amount of water moving around (It sounds as if it is coming from the motor area) There is also a small amount of water coming into the car on the passenger side underneath the glove compartment? I think the water might be coming from one of the components directly behind the glove compartment. What components would be able to store water? And do you guys know any solutions? I also hear it when I turn the AC unit on. A few other things the motor sounds fine the brakes are in good order and non of the warning lights are on

Model: 06 DE (9th Gen)

if it's JUST water and it's not boiling hot, then you just have abit of water hiddin in places that water normaly doesn't get to, if it green and it's hot as hell then your heater core probably went out, and you'll have to get it replaced
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

Experienced TGC Member
    Ac condensation line needs to be unglogged. It has nothing to do with the water you went through. Just a coincidence.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    You have to take the battery tray out and it's a tiny black tube sticking bout 1/4 inch out the firewall, there are pics around here somewhere search for em
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Thanks guys I will check it out and let you know how I make out. The water is not hot and its clear so I think the heating core should be okay.

I actually have the same issue when it rains actually. And the AC condensation line sounds logical since whenever i rev up, even with the ac off, i hear water moving . . .

I cant find those pics, could you guys plz link ?

thanx

OK so this morning rained like you would unexpectedly-expect in Orlando FL and now Besides hearing water move around I also hear (randomly) like sand hitting metal. From both under the car and from the front windshield AC outlets. This is scary.

Again could anyone please link to those pics to where the condensation line needs to be unclogged.

And how would you unclog an AC cond. line BTW? I mean is not like your gonna use some Drano on that LOL! I wouldn't but please clear that up for future reference.

I feel bad posting 3 times w no answer.

Its been between 30 to 50 degrees in Orlando and for some reason wnever i turn on my car or accel. i hear waves and the sea.

Seriously i need help w this.

It sounds like a massive amount of watter stuck at a spot that air flows close to it thus making the waves/ocean noise.

PLZ HELP!

Its called a heater core, antifreeze is moving through it and it is behind the dash.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by echo12 View Post
    I feel bad posting 3 times w no answer.

Its been between 30 to 50 degrees in Orlando and for some reason wnever i turn on my car or accel. i hear waves and the sea.

Seriously i need help w this.

It sounds like a massive amount of watter stuck at a spot that air flows close to it thus making the waves/ocean noise.

PLZ HELP!
    Sounds to me like yo miss the beach :) I would definitely check the heater core out.

Hey THANX!

i really dont think is the heater core. I mean I'm no mechanic but my car gets hot . . .

i mean C'mon its a "G" after all =)

Nah, but seriously the heater works fine. I've had this issue before, after heavy rain and such. And i could make sense out of the condensation line cuz sometimes when having the AC on High, while stopping, you can hear the blower, but air would seems to not come out as hard. Once fully stopped the air is back blowing on full.

Can anyone PLZ tell me where is that condensation line? and how to unclog it?

Im wanna do this tomorrow; its my only day off after 6's days this week!

thanks thanks!

im not saying that there is anything wrong with the core, im saying that there is air in the system that when it is passing through the core it starts making that noise mine does it too, just burp the system.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 01-06-2010 at 09:39 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Cool Cool!

How exactly Do I "burp" the System?

I just really need a PIC of the line i Have to work With.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ON A SIDE NOTE:

a. Soon I'll post a Vid on how to: SeaFoam-Ing a 9Gts.

b. I LMAO on how you "own US ALL!" . . .