The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: And just like that she's gone!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

And just like that she's gone!

so I sold my Legnum, got a decent offer and it was one too many cars so off it went. But I managed to take some pics after I cleaned it up and reattached the sideskirts. I still have yet to find out what sort of kit that is covering the rear tailgate and what aftermarket front fiberglass front lip that is too. It appears to be lowered from stock height too, am unsure which springs are in there.

Looks kinda like the VRG lip to me. Could be wrong though.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    ^ it is a vrg lip..

best looking wagons ever

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Nah the lip is fiberglass and is definitely aftermarket, no way Mitsubishi would attach a factory lip in the way this one has been attached haha. It does look very similar to a VR-G lip but it seems deeper, and you can see it hangs down lower than the sideskirts whereas a VR-G lip is about the same level

Here are some Galant VR-Gs I found on trademe

those are vr-g's without the lips

the lip on yours is a vrg lip

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

wtf? they are VR-Gs without the lip? Have a browse on trademe, every single pre-facelift 96-98 VR-G Galant sedan has those lips as shown.. how are they not VR-G lips then? I forgot you americans were the experts on JDM models considering you guys don't get them :P

I would show pics of the underside showing the shitty fiberglass and how its mounted with rivets but my camera is broken.

This is a Norwegian Galant 8G, which is a prefacelist, so-called VRG with an original VRG lip from the Mitsubishi Accessories Catalog:

The lip on the car in the first post definately looks like a VRG lip, but if it's fiberglass, it's obviously not OEM. :)

The kit decorating the tailgate is something I've seen before on some German Galant Wagons/Legnums. I have never seen it on any other cars than some German ones, so I think it's a German produced kit. I thought of looking it up once, but decided I didn't really like it, so I didn't bother.

yes that lip certainly looks the same if not very similar. I'm just curious where the 'VR-G' designation comes into this, if that car is from Norway then it can't be a VR-G, as the VR-G was a Japanese only model, which is the base model trim, with the GDI 1.8L engine. The VR-G just so happens to share the same bumpers and outside trim as most of the world-spec Galants.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

yep as above that lip certainly looks the same or very similar. But I'm questioning why is it called a 'VR-G' lip when it clearly isn't factory on all VR-Gs? Surely if its a Mitsubishi optional extra it isn't specific to the VR-G as the Galant VX, Viento and Legnum ST an ST-Rs have the same front bumpers that lip would fit to.

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    yep as above that lip certainly looks the same or very similar. But I'm questioning why is it called a 'VR-G' lip when it clearly isn't factory on all VR-Gs? Surely if its a Mitsubishi optional extra it isn't specific to the VR-G as the Galant VX, Viento and Legnum ST an ST-Rs have the same front bumpers that lip would fit to.
    its just the name everyone gave it i guess. i know nothing of the 8G really tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    Pretty sure it was listed as "VR-G" lip in the Mitsubishi Catalog.