The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Class Action Filed against Mitsubishi for bad black paint

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Class Action Filed against Mitsubishi for bad black paint

I got a notice in the mail the other day about a class action suit being filed against Mitsubishi America for Mitsu models between 2000 and 2008 with the bad black paint. I think it applies to multiple models. I can opt in and get some money, not much, but at least they have finally been held responsible for the bad clear coat and the fact that they wouldn't re-paint any of our cars. You can opt in if you owned your car before Dec 7, 2009. If you currently have the bad paint you can go to a dealer and get them to certify that it is bad, then either get money or get a portion of repainting costs paid for. If you are like me, and you already had your car painted, they will give you some money. In my case, I think it's $300. It doesn't cover anywhere close to what it cost me to paint my car, but it's better than nothing. Anyone else receive this in the mail? If anyone needs more info, I can scan the papers and email them to anyone who didn't get one.
    })({ Heather })({

- "If you never take risks, you'll have a wasted soul."

I think there was a thread started on this last week....

Oops. I searched and didn't see anything.
    })({ Heather })({

Our search sucks, bc I looked for suit, law, lawsuit, class action, etc, etc. and didn't see that. This thread should probably be deleted since there is already another.
    })({ Heather })({

should have this for the 7g's also my clear coat is fucking gone.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

if this all works out, i will be soooo happy, my G has cancer like crazy

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    should have this for the 7g's also my clear coat is fucking gone.
    mitch i dont see it happen on many 7gs and my clear coat is still great on my 96.. still shines like hell when clean
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service