The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ?'s on 5 spd swap

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

?'s on 5 spd swap

I'm looking into doing the swap and am having a hard time finding a few things like a good flywheel and the pedals I cam find a lot of 95-99 eclipse 5-spd in the junkyard would the pedal set up from that work and I know i can use the 95-99 4g63 flywheel what about the evo thanks

3g for the 8g
    2g for the 7g

i'm using a stock flywheel from a local junkyard, $80 bucks. Haven't had a problem with it, but many recommend resurfacing the flywheel if used.

3G flywheel, so any from a 2000-2005 Eclipse can work.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

imo, light weight flywheel and a good clutch is what I would do. you have the tranny out so why not think ahead to what you will need later while it is easy to install.

well what im saying is that I can find the flywheel but finding a good one is another thing I would like an after market but right now I am already going to be droping like 4g's for new block fully rebuilt kia head fully rebuilt w/ bigger valves new springs I need new cams cam gears turbo kit and 5 spd swap so trying to find what works good and fits my budget its all going in at once 3g's are not so avalible in my area im getting the tranny from bronx if he still has it in a few weeks. and the pedal set ups look almost identical

Experienced TGC Member
    Sorry... I thought this was in the 7g section. What i wrote earlier doesnt have anything to do with an 8g
    Last edited by Shadow19; 12-20-2009 at 09:12 PM

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    well what im saying is that I can find the flywheel but finding a good one is another thing I would like an after market but right now I am already going to be droping like 4g's for new block fully rebuilt kia head fully rebuilt w/ bigger valves new springs I need new cams cam gears turbo kit and 5 spd swap so trying to find what works good and fits my budget its all going in at once 3g's are not so avalible in my area im getting the tranny from bronx if he still has it in a few weeks. and the pedal set ups look almost identical
    even more reason to do the light weight flywheel and aftermarket clutch, from the sounds of it the oem clutch won't take the power for long.

Quote Originally Posted by troubled4g64t View Post
    Sounds like you have an idea of what you want to do, but see it through first. If you are going to build alot of power the most you want is a stage III clutch if you are still going to use this as your DD. You will also want a lightweight clutch as stated before from companies such as Fidanza. Use the search feature and make sure to really understand what you are planning to undertake before starting. Make sure you have all the parts needed to, this is a must.