The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 35w or 55w DDMTuning HID's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

35w or 55w DDMTuning HID's?

What would you all recommend between the 35w or 55w HID kits for my galant ralliart 2009.. DDM says 500 lumen output vs 3200-3400 so sounds like a plan for my lowbeams but was wondering if there were any cautions on the 55w kit with my headlight housing and heat?... Any advice helpful thnx :)

Pat

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    55w is about what your halogen bulbs are, so not really any difference in heat

Quote Originally Posted by procksa49er View Post
    What would you all recommend between the 35w or 55w HID kits for my galant ralliart 2009.. DDM says 500 lumen output vs 3200-3400 so sounds like a plan for my lowbeams but was wondering if there were any cautions on the 55w kit with my headlight housing and heat?... Any advice helpful thnx :)

Pat

I've had the 55's for about a year now, they fucking sickk lol

no problems w them at all

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    without projectors DO NOT DO 55 watt, it will blind people. 35 watt is perfectly fine, still very bright.

35w will do just fine with your projectors. Plus there a little cheaper.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

35w is sufficient.

go with the 35W!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have the 35w ones from DDM in my stock 7G housings, which have notoriously horrible light output. but the 35w HIDs from them are borderline too bright, even in my crap housings. when i turn on my high beams, which are regular halogens, there's no difference.

i'd say get the 55w if you want two sun beams on the front of your car, it will be intense.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i got the 55w on my 9g/projectors. my low beam is brighter than my high beams. i get high beam flashed all the time on the other side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    55w is about what your halogen bulbs are, so not really any difference in heat
    55w HID and 55w halogen do not operate at the same temperature just because they are rated at the same wattage.

unless you have projectors, stick to 35w HID... regular reflector based housings are unable to properly control the light output of HID and you will end up blinding oncoming traffic. if luminosity is a concern (brightness on the road), stick to 4250K-6000K color temps.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reelax View Post
    unless you have projectors, stick to 35w hid... Regular reflector based housings are unable to properly control the light output of hid and you will end up blinding oncoming traffic. If luminosity is a concern (brightness on the road), stick to 4250k-6000k color temps.
    - x2
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

i've got the 35 watt and i dont think i would want much brighter

I do have projectors btw if that changes any of the "if you don't have projectors" replies... So Ill rephrase since I have projectors which would you get I dont use highbeams nearly at all and if the 55w are bright enuf sounds likeI won't have to. Just wondering if the "heat output" is too much for the projector housings?

35w HID should be sufficiently bright since that allready is 2x-3x bright as halogen. 55w HID would be VERY bright. also keep in mind, the higher the Kelvin (K) color temperature, the less luminosity (brightness) the HID will output, w/ 4250K being the standard for OE (since it is the brightest for any given wattage).

When I get around to buying projector heads for my car, I'm going for 35W for low beams and 55W for high beams. Winters are very dark here in Norway, and people walking in the streets wearing dark clothing are sometimes very hard to spot... The more light, the better. :)

Experienced TGC Member
    Someone correct me if Im wrong, but if you "upgrade" to a 55W HID kit, you will need to upgrade the headlight harness too. Otherwise, there's a strong possibility you will melt the OE headlight wiring harness.

In my opinion, run a 35W 600K HID kit. Youll be fine. Ive got the 35W 6000K kit from DDM Tuning, and upgraded the OE wiring. And the light output is soo much better than OE halogens.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72Galant View Post
    Someone correct me if Im wrong, but if you "upgrade" to a 55W HID kit, you will need to upgrade the headlight harness too. Otherwise, there's a strong possibility you will melt the OE headlight wiring harness.

In my opinion, run a 35W 600K HID kit. Youll be fine. Ive got the 35W 6000K kit from DDM Tuning, and upgraded the OE wiring. And the light output is soo much better than OE halogens.
    I've had a harness since my 35W so I really dont know.

Would a 35w 4500k be white or should I go for 5000k? I want to get some HID lows to go with my projectors and I want them to be white not colored.

Experienced TGC Member
    I got the 6K kit from DDM. And its pure white with a hint of blue.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I think i new thread should be made just for HID discussion....These kinda threads happen like almost every 2 weeks lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast