The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 35w or 55w DDMTuning HID's?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I think i new thread should be made just for HID discussion....These kinda threads happen like almost every 2 weeks lol
    I think there was one but it wasnt stickied

Again I am no certified expert... I thought the point of the Digital ballast with the kits was to condition the DC from the battery to 35/55 watts then send that current to the bulbs... So based on that knowledge why would I need to upgrade the OE stock harness since the connections go as such..... CAUTION SIMPLIFIED instructions!

1. plug harness into (input side) of ballast
    2. connect HID harness (inc. with kit) to bulb
    3. insert bulb into socket (9006 type in my case)

Quote Originally Posted by procksa49er View Post
    Again I am no certified expert... I thought the point of the Digital ballast with the kits was to condition the DC from the battery to 35/55 watts then send that current to the bulbs... So based on that knowledge why would I need to upgrade the OE stock harness since the connections go as such..... CAUTION SIMPLIFIED instructions!

1. plug harness into (input side) of ballast
    2. connect HID harness (inc. with kit) to bulb
    3. insert bulb into socket (9006 type in my case)
    Well yeah, but I am going opposite. Insert bulb with the rubber gromet and wires out of housing. Then connect the HID harness to the Ballast and bulb. Then Plug the stock harness into the Ballast.

agreed

tit for tat there i guess but whats this about having to upgrade the stock headlight wiring harness for the 55w kit?
    Last edited by procksa49er; 01-04-2010 at 10:13 AM

Quote Originally Posted by procksa49er View Post
    tit for tat there i guess but whats this about having to upgrade the stock headlight wiring harness for the 55w kit?
    I think he thought it was an 8G thread and its true the 8G harness is pretty weak, but I think people are running 55w without upgrading and no issues. I would ask 9G he has 55w and I think he used stock harness and no issues. I also think he was warning about the magnetic Apexcone Kit not the DDM digital one.

moris
    Quote Originally Posted by fliegendaffe View Post
    55w is about what your halogen bulbs are, so not really any difference in heat

not yet, the 55w is not about the halogen bulbs ....it matters with ballasts..
    as http://www.vvme.com states below:

55w hids are more bright than 35w hids and also generate more heat than 35w hids.
    55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output( for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit).
    55w Kits are not recommended for smaller fog light housings because they tend to concentrate a large amount of heat in a small area

so if your stock hid is 35w ,,, you'd better keep on 35w hid kit 43k, it is very bright and pure white....

I'm using 55w right now in my fogs and my headlights, no problem and i've had them in for over 2 years
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

I have the Projector heads that I ordered from JM, I gotta say its 10x better using the 55w setup than using the 35w one. Big difference, I wouldnt even switch back to 35w. I got 55w in both my projector fogs and projector heads and they are bright as hell. I have no problems at all with oncoming traffic, no one shines their lights at me so everyone's happy =)

only issue for the 8G using 55w HID balast is that you need to wire in the relay. without the Relay harness the 55w ballast draw double power when you first turn on your lights and have a tendancy to only power on one side. the relay harness stops that from happening.

As far as 55w in a projector, projectors are designed to cut off driver lvl light output so if your driving with projector heads and still blinding OCT then you need to readjust your projectors.

Now as far as High beams go: high beams DO NOT put out more light/power than low beam. High beams are angled up with a uncontrolled beam pattern so that they act as flare. thats why in any car its illegal to drive in reg traffic with your highbeams on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12