The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay Cat-back exhaust on a V6 (with review/pix)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    ^^ thanks man

well after 3 years the welds on the muffler gave up
    but the pipes are fine. going to buy another muffler and weld it on
    people with universal mufflers do you just let them hang there?
    cant attach it to the last exhaust hanger behind the bumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

I've been looking at this exhaust for a while as well as the megan racing one. I'm not much for the whole racing and tuning scene but I like to have my car nice, ya knw.

Would you suggest this as a decent alternative to the megan racing cat back for someone only looking for moderate upgrades?

About how much performance gain have you seen with this exhaust?

I currently have a an I4 and my set up is stock except for an Injen Short ram.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    if you're only looking for moderate, just get a muffler not a full exhaust system

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    So this does not incoporate the 2nd Cat underneath the car? Because I already have a header installed which eliminates the first cat underneath the hood. So if I install this exhaust and it eliminates the second cat and replaces it with a resonator, I'll be in deep dog shiit with the police if they were to pull me over and inspect my car... I think the fine out here for removing cats is like $1,500 for each missing cat...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^ the first cat no, the second cat would be unaffected because it begins right after the second cat.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    So this does not incoporate the 2nd Cat underneath the car? Because I already have a header installed which eliminates the first cat underneath the hood. So if I install this exhaust and it eliminates the second cat and replaces it with a resonator, I'll be in deep dog shiit with the police if they were to pull me over and inspect my car... I think the fine out here for removing cats is like $1,500 for each missing cat...
    interesting questions..my friend who owns an evo x told me that he got a full cat back system and he mention that it is illegal to have that in your car and you'll definitely will fail the inspection plus if you get pull over the fine is ranging to 1000-2000 plus!

wat is the real deal with the whole exhaust system? having headers along with the cat.?

-RON

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    If you only have a catback, you should be fine. Typically the law states that removing the catalytic converters is illegal; however a catback does not remove the them.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    If you only have a catback, you should be fine. Typically the law states that removing the catalytic converters is illegal; however a catback does not remove the them.
    wat if you have an aftermarket headers doesn't that remove the first catalytic converter thats visible inside the engine? isn't that one of them?

-RON

I noticed there are 3-4 different dealers or distributors for these N1 Exhuast kits on eBay. Other than the muffler tips are there any real differences in these kits?

Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust tip and bumper?

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

254reese
    Hey thanks a lot for this review. I have been debating buying this for a while and after reading this I've decided to go ahead and buy this setup.

iono if its clear enough, ill try and look for a better one

I bought this same catback as pictured for my I4, and it actually sounds pretty good. It was definately worth the buy for me. There is a kind of burnt smell coming out of the exhaust...I don't know if it's my car or is it the exhaust. I never smelled it before I had the exhaust installed.
    Last edited by Conjee; 03-30-2010 at 09:39 AM

Update:

2017 and the eBay catback still runs strong. 8 long years, probably the best fake Chinese eBay car part ever assembled lol!

This is gold! ! I have an bone stock 03 2.4l Galant so I joined the site. I just hit 200k and started leaking oil all over my serpentine belt so I was thinking about rebuilding my motor. I joined looking to see what kind of upgrades I should put on while I have everything ripped apart. This seems like something definitely worth giving a try! Thanks for the review and all the updates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12