The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: :UPDATE: Not sure what to do... Evo look, or not.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the evo look, it will be an interesting outcome, something different.

9 30.00%
  • Drop the Evo look. Your car is a Galant not an Evo, it wont look good.

21 70.00%

Thread: Galant Evolutions build thread:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 78

Galant Evolutions build thread:

Hey all!!

Im happy because im finally finished with all the motor work its running well and no problems anymore!! so now i dont need to spend money on fixing the car, i can spend it in parts and upgrades! Need your advice about things and such! Ok basically if you guys dont know already im in-love with EVOs. I love the style of them! If i could marry one i would, im only 19 and cant afford one :'-( Anyways, the car was handed down to me from my mother about a year ago. When my parents got divorced she got a new car and left the other one sitting in a friends yard for 3 years!!!! at the time i didnt care at all about it because i couldnt drive and i wasnt concerned about it and didnt know i would be getting the car. So after 3 years of sitting the paint was horrible, and it just sped up problems for the car. When i got the car it drove well, very nice. I didnt know anything about cars, and i didnt care too, i was into motocross at the time and i was concentrating on that, the car was just to get me around. Now its my baby <3. Here is a list of things i have replaced on the car due to eather it failing, or maintance work:

-Radiator (failed/cracked)
    -Radiator fan (failed)
    -A/c compressor (failed)
    -Throttle Possition Sensor (failed)
    -Mass Air Flow Sensor (failed)
    -Air Intake Tempature Sensor (failed)
    -P/S belt (failed/snapped)
    -ALT belt (failed/snapped)
    -Timing belt (mainanance)
    -Balance belt (failed/snapped)
    -Harmonic Balancer (failed)
    -Front left and right calipers (failed)
    -Brake pads (worn)
    -Rotors (warped)
    -All sway bar links (failed)
    -Drivers side tie rod end (failed)
    -Tires (bald)
    -Rims (dented)
    -Headlights (seal failed)
    -Headlight housing (melted)
    -Battery (failed)
    -Alternator (failed)
    -Intake Manifold (cracked at TB)
    -Lash ajusters (failed)
    -Spark Plugs (failed)
    -Wires (failed)
    -Valve cover (failed)
    -LWR Timing belt cover (failed)
    -Front bumper (was hit)
    -Grill (was hit)
    -Drivers side door (was hit)
    -Drivers side fender (was hit)
    -A/T (failed/campain-recall/warrenty)
    -Front and rear struts and springs

Alittle information about my build plan I personally love the Evo MR VIII its my fav car!! i would love to own one but because of money (like everything else) i cannot afford one. So over this past year i have grown very close to my car. I want to make my car LOOK similar to that of the Evo MR VIII. The Galant Evolution.

MY PLAN

First what i want to do is research about about the Evo MR, i plan to give my car some attitude and an aggressive look of the Evo MR. I want to customize my car within a budget of about 5,000 over a year or so, idc how long it takes but it should take no longer than two years since i can get a hold of parts and i have access to a lift here at work! below is an updated parts list!

*[x] represents i have done the mod or have the parts
    *[ ] represents i have not completed the mod yet and dont have the parts

[x] Evo 8 wing
    [x] Evo MR fins
    [x] Tinted windows 35% around
    [x] Short ram air intake
    [x] Custom eclipse seats
    [ ] Eclipse steering wheel
    [ ] Generation 3 tails
    [x] Carbon fiber Evo hood
    [ ] New black headliner
    [ ] New black carpet
    [x] Painted (black) rear seats
    [x] Meagan racing lowering springs
    [x] KYB struts and shocks
    [ ] Rear windsheild wiper mod (from MR)
    [ ] Cat-back exhaust (ebay) (evo replica muffler)
    [ ] New pearl white paintjob exterior, 2 stage paint, me and my dad are doing the job!
    [ ] Brembo brake setup
    [ ] Rear disc conversion
    [ ] V6 TB swap
    [ ] Evo 18'' rims black
    [ ] Front integra mugen style lip
    [ ] Cyber 2 rear lip
    [ ] JDM new style sides
    [ ] JDM fender flares
    [ ] Engine dress up kit
    [x] HID projector headlights

For the interior of the car, i want to stitch the Mitsubishi logo onto the headliner or stain it...whatever way would look the best on there. As for the dash and plastics i think im going to paint it all black, and add the white accents. As some of you may kno i love the evo 8 look, if you have any suggestions or comments please feel free to post!

***PICS CAN BE VIEWED HERE! : http://evolutionesx.myphotoalbum.com...umName=album01 ***
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-29-2010 at 08:19 AM

looking good i'd get a 3gen steering wheel "direct replacement", new shifter with shift boot for the 5speed look if your not gonna be switching, i havn't actualy tried yet but the 3gen seat belts might fit, if not you can always dye the one's you have, replace carpet with a black carpet..ect just depends what color scheme your going form but imo i'd do something because the tan color is just killing it heh.
    Poison457
    99 ES 4G64 I4 189k miles and still going strong
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Hazir View Post
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

Quote Originally Posted by Poison457 View Post
    looking good i'd get a 3gen steering wheel "direct replacement", new shifter with shift boot for the 5speed look if your not gonna be switching, i havn't actualy tried yet but the 3gen seat belts might fit, if not you can always dye the one's you have, replace carpet with a black carpet..ect just depends what color scheme your going form but imo i'd do something because the tan color is just killing it heh.

haha i know man! im deff going to be replacing the carped with black!, the top of the dash black, the door panels black, and the headliner is going to be black with the mitsu logo embeded in white and "galant evolution" under the symbol! when you say 3rd gen steering wheel you mean out of an eclipse 00-03?

blue8g
    ^00-05 and yes that is what he means

only direct swap that i know of

Cool thanks! i know there is one in my local JY ill grab one if its in good condition! Anything i need to know when hooking it up, or disassembling?

i belive there's a tut in the how to's but to get started you have to remove the two hex screw's on either side of the stock steering wheel to get the airbag off the rest should be common sense from there, just remember to disconnect the battery and let it sit for abit to let the airbag circuitry discharge so you don't get an airbag in the face and kill ya :P and here's a link for OEM carpet replacement any color you can think of, they also sell headliner kit's with fabric and glue pretty cheap
    http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...19&ModelId=301
    Last edited by Poison457; 12-29-2009 at 01:33 PM
    Poison457
    5spd, rear disk swaped,
    I am at a loss to explain the average skeleton's somewhat ludicrous mental predisposition, however. Perhaps the implausibility of its own existence makes the skeleton think it hilarious to hide in a barrel, cackling intermittently for some three hundred years until a victim happens by?

^^ YOU ARE THE MAN! thanks bro! how do i take the headliner off??
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 12-29-2009 at 01:58 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Poison457 View Post
    i belive there's a tut in the how to's but to get started you have to remove the two hex screw's on either side of the stock steering wheel to get the airbag off the rest should be common sense from there, just remember to disconnect the battery and let it sit for abit to let the airbag circuitry discharge so you don't get an airbag in the face and kill ya :P and here's a link for OEM carpet replacement any color you can think of, they also sell headliner kit's with fabric and glue pretty cheap
    http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...19&ModelId=301
    X2. Thats pretty much it the only thing I had to do was get different screws to hold the CC.

^^ Sounds good ill go and check out that eclipse i saw and ill let you guys know! since the paint will be done in the spring i guess ill finish the interior in the mean time while waiting! besides matching colors, a shifter, e-brake handle, and steering wheel, any ideas for the interior? anything from evos?

headliner removal/install link
    http://silveresv6.tripod.com/ thanks to silveresv6
    steering wheel removal/install link
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31583 thanks to RAZ_76

you can also install an evo 8/9 wheel if you want but you have cut out the middle hub "spline" from the evo and stock wheel, and weld the stock hub to the evo wheel

evo 8/9 steering wheel install link
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...steering+wheel thanks to zobgel

thats alot of searching done for you, next time you know the drill :P
    Last edited by Poison457; 12-29-2009 at 02:19 PM
    Poison457
    5spd, rear disk swaped,

^^ Yeah ik i been here long enough to know to search, thanks for bringing up the threads for me, i was actually reading the steering wheel removal thread a second ago! Thanks man

hey its cool to hear from ure progress and im glad that u r looking foward for ure G..!!
    I just sold my Galant today ='( cuz I wanted to go with turbo and I was worried to mess up my engine cuz I dnt have any knowledge about turbo cars, the worst thing that got me scared it was how to work with fuel sistem and injectors. (now IM planning to get the gst or gsx 97-99)Anyways I took out the 3rd GEN taillights just in case that u want it..!!
    I'll post them up fro sale in my thread as well..( they come with part of the usdm wires so no worries about diagrams just plug every wire by their colors.!!)
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Looks good :) U can tell that they are in the same family :)

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    hey its cool to hear from ure progress and im glad that u r looking foward for ure G..!!
    I just sold my Galant today ='( cuz I wanted to go with turbo and I was worried to mess up my engine cuz I dnt have any knowledge about turbo cars, the worst thing that got me scared it was how to work with fuel sistem and injectors. (now IM planning to get the gst or gsx 97-99)Anyways I took out the 3rd GEN taillights just in case that u want it..!!
    I'll post them up fro sale in my thread as well..( they come with part of the usdm wires so no worries about diagrams just plug every wire by their colors.!!)
    Awesome i still got your number ill text you about em soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ThaShiZnitH View Post
    Looks good :) U can tell that they are in the same family :)
    Thanks bro! yes much mitsu love!

"UPDATE" vote in the poll! Im confused now im not sure wheather to add evo style or not!

keep the votes comming guys!

if you want to do the "EVO look" that's fine but the direction it's going so far is the "ricer look". all the parts you have right now can work to a final goal, u don't need to ditch them, but you need to add a bunch more on like bodykit or lip kit, wheels, drop etc., to balance that wing and not make it is stand out as being ridiculous. also the color scheme is fine but repaint your entire car one color then use carbon fiber parts to do the contrast... u can do carbon hood, trunk, mirrors, roof etc. honestly the way it looks now is just a car painted black and white with a big wing.

maybe CALI's old car will inspire you:

(plus it had an EVO motor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    if you want to do the "EVO look" that's fine but the direction it's going so far is the "ricer look". all the parts you have right now can work to a final goal, u don't need to ditch them, but you need to add a bunch more on like bodykit or lip kit, wheels, drop etc., to balance that wing and not make it is stand out as being ridiculous. also the color scheme is fine but repaint your entire car one color then use carbon fiber parts to do the contrast... u can do carbon hood, trunk, mirrors, roof etc. honestly the way it looks now is just a car painted black and white with a big wing.

maybe CALI's old car will inspire you:

(plus it had an EVO motor)
    Thanks alot reelax!, this may sound stupid but you really just gave me that boost of confidence and will to push myself to get this car looking awesome. I do think once the car is painted all white it will start to come together. I want the new style JDM side skirts and a rear lip and front integra lip and the MR fins hopefully to balance out the car with the aggressive wing. not sure wheather to get springs or coilovers just yet to ajust the height of the car. I want the VIS Evo CF hood and JDM fender flares as well. Any idea on where i can get the flares? are they a direct fit?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

To get any JDM part just PM triggermauve, and he will try to find it for you. For the fender flares some make holes in the fender and then attach with screws, other just use 3M tape.
    Here's Trigg selling some: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ghlight=fender
    Another member selling others: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ghlight=fender
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 01-08-2010 at 09:41 AM

Thanks bro! Since they are JDM will they have any problems fitting onto the USDM?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast