The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: :UPDATE: Not sure what to do... Evo look, or not.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the evo look, it will be an interesting outcome, something different.

9 30.00%
  • Drop the Evo look. Your car is a Galant not an Evo, it wont look good.

21 70.00%

Thread: Galant Evolutions build thread:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 78
    ^ If I was u.. I should get all the body parts first and then do the paint job so then u dnt have to spent more money of paint in the new stuff..!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

i suggest u take some time and really search and read through this board... everything you are planning on doing has allready been done or talked about. you would be surprised about all the things members have done and tried.

I agree with Reelax. You are running faster than you feet can take you right now.

I am very glad that you put alot of work into getting the car back into running condition. No oil changes after 70k miles though... even with all that work, I would ditch that car and find one that has been somewhat maintained since it rolled off the lot.

This is not to sound condesending, but a sort of kick in the nuts combined with constructive criticism. You asked if a 3G steering wheel will bolt on to your car. You asked if JDM fender flares are a direct fit. You just need to search. TGC has so much information its almost overwhelming. You need to write down everything and get as much information as you can. You have big goals, and you need to plan.

So all in all, I applaud you that you have big plans for your car, but take it step by step. Research everything. Look at what others have done, grab a calculator, and figure out how much time and money everything is going to cost you.

Take a deep breath, figure out your plan of attack, and get that car to be what you want it to be! :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    You have a bunch of great ideas, and you have some great information from some guys that really know what they are talking about. Make sure to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    I agree with Reelax. You are running faster than you feet can take you right now.

I am very glad that you put alot of work into getting the car back into running condition. No oil changes after 70k miles though... even with all that work, I would ditch that car and find one that has been somewhat maintained since it rolled off the lot.

This is not to sound condesending, but a sort of kick in the nuts combined with constructive criticism. You asked if a 3G steering wheel will bolt on to your car. You asked if JDM fender flares are a direct fit. You just need to search. TGC has so much information its almost overwhelming. You need to write down everything and get as much information as you can. You have big goals, and you need to plan.

So all in all, I applaud you that you have big plans for your car, but take it step by step. Research everything. Look at what others have done, grab a calculator, and figure out how much time and money everything is going to cost you.

Take a deep breath, figure out your plan of attack, and get that car to be what you want it to be! :)
    Thanks alot bro. I know im kind of taking things a bit to fast i just cant wait until its done to see the outcome!! I will deff take your advice and do some hard researching!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Evolution View Post
    Thanks alot bro. I know im kind of taking things a bit to fast i just cant wait until its done to see the outcome!! I will deff take your advice and do some hard researching!!
    just research and plan, then execution becomes MUCH easier. i formulated a plan back in 2000-2001, it took me 5+ years to complete. my build was all over the place, partly due to lack of availability of parts and partly due to my going in different directions... if i had to do it all over again, it would probaby only take me a few months to a year. here is my build thread to get an idea of what it took, maybe it will help you focus and avoid some of the pitfalls that i went through:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=37839

again research, make a parts list, come up w/ a logical order, then just knock it out as your budget allows.

Great ideas and help reelax. Your really helping me out with this i thank you alot. Ok im updating my first thread with a revised plan. If you guys are interested im currently molding on my MR fins that were originally cut to fit then 3M taped on...im now molding them onto the roof! still needs alot of sanding and filling still! ** dont worry it was warm for a good 24 hours when and after i applyed the body filler**

Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-11-2010 at 04:53 PM

Great ideas and help reelax. Your really helping me out with this i thank you alot. Ok im updating my first thread with a revised plan. If you guys are interested im currently molding on my MR fins that were originally cut to fit then 3M taped on...im now molding them onto the roof! still needs alot of sanding and filling still! ** dont worry it was warm for a good 24 hours when and after i applyed the body filler**

Looks pretty neat! can't wait to see it finished :)
    02 Diamante VRX 5spd swapped
    90 Galant GSX 5spd EvoSpec 4G63 swapped
    01 Sebring GT Coupe (6G75 Powered)(sold)

^^ Thanks bro!

Got some bad news and some good news to update:

THE BAD NEWS:

Saturday morning i woke up at 7:30am to my car alarm going off and the guy accross the street holding my rear veiw mirror in his hand..."wtf?" yeah i was pissed. He backed up into my car with his truck destroying the passenger side door, window, rear view mirror, and molding, and a little ding in the rear door as well. here is a pic:

it sucked...so i was like omg wtf i hope they dont total the car, ik the car isnt worth too much money at this point. So the guy came and looked at the car today and faxed over the quote.....THE GOOD NEWS:

Im taking the check for 873.11!! wooo! im so happy! I called my local JY and i can pull off a complete door assy with glass and mirror for 75.00! And me and my dad were planning to paint the car in the spring anyways so all the money left over is profit!! im getting the struts and springs along with the door and a new trunk (mine now has way too many holes in it) and getting black carpet and headliner and the ebay exhaust! SWEET!

^Nice! I mean it sucks what happened to your G, but for gettin the parts replaced quickly that profit would make me very happy also

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

blue8g
    you do realize that insurance fraud, right?

No its not...once they hand me the check the claim is over, what i do with the money is not their business.

blue8g
    No its not...once they hand me the check the claim is over, what i do with the money is not their business.
    umm actually i'm pretty sure it is.....i think i've dealt with the law a lot more than most

You a cop?

Experienced TGC Member
    Thats what most people do get the shit as cheap as they can and pocket the rest. Insurance companies screw alot of ppl over we do it to them lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Thats what most people do get the shit as cheap as they can and pocket the rest. Insurance companies screw alot of ppl over we do it to them lol

x2 haha

blue8g
    You a cop?
    no but my dad is, all my dad's friends, and a lot of my friends dads.....plus after getting pulled over last week i've been lectured in the finer points of the law

Experienced TGC Member
    That sucks for you!!! lol
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    no but my dad is, all my dad's friends, and a lot of my friends dads.....plus after getting pulled over last week i've been lectured in the finer points of the law
    Ive got a good buddy as a cop as well here in Raynham MA. But seeing as the insurance company was the one to tell me when the check is recived the claim is over and what i do with the money isnt their problem tells me i should be ok. Staged auto accidents, faking an injury, and arson are all causes for fraudulent insurance claims. Agents and companies are also not immune to fraud activities, Thanks for looking out and pointing that out to me but i should be ok!
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-18-2010 at 04:06 PM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast