The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: :UPDATE: Not sure what to do... Evo look, or not.

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the evo look, it will be an interesting outcome, something different.

9 30.00%
  • Drop the Evo look. Your car is a Galant not an Evo, it wont look good.

21 70.00%

Thread: Galant Evolutions build thread:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 78
    blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    That sucks for you!!! lol
    it sucks but it's nice getting out of 180 dollar ticket and 4 points

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    it sucks but it's nice getting out of 180 dollar ticket and 4 points
    Dude what were you doing?? Thats a good save though. Its always nice to have friends of the law.

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant Evolution View Post
    Dude what were you doing?? Thats a good save though. Its always nice to have friends of the law.
    20 over, and improper lane change

should've been 10 over, the 55 mph sign was like 100 ft away.....and i had my blinker on

well atleast you got out of it thats good.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Take the money & run with it!!!! LOL!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

^^ thats right!!! haha. Expect to see this threat updated soon with the evo hood on, the new struts/ shocks/ and lowering springs, new black carpet with updated new black interior to match all the black seats. :-D Then the tax money as soon as i get it back is going for the body kit/ lip kit, new heads/tails, new cat-back exhaust woo!!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Wow your going to make some nice mods in the coming months.

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Wow your going to make some nice mods in the coming months.
    Thanks bro ill be sure to post pics! keep an eye open!

Got bondo?

you do realize that insurance fraud, right?
    You do realize some body shops do this too? They quote someone at a certain amount and then they get used parts cheaper and do the work. I used to work at body shop and knew all the local junkers at the time.

It also is not insurance fraud because the person who fucked up his car caused 870 something dollars in damage after parts paint and work if he got it done at a body shop. He chose to not get the work done there and do it himself it still doesnt take away from the fact of value. If geico told me that they would give me 800 bucks to replace my bumper or if i did it myself they would give me 85 bucks I would just let the body shop do it for 800 bucks at tht point.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Got bondo?

You're really not gonna just bondo that whole dent are you? Please say NO!

You're better off just buying another door at the JY like u said b4...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    No that is not insurance fraud. Insurance fraud is if you purposely damage your car only to collect money from them. That's fraud.

What he is doing is perfectly normal and the insurance knows that some people do that but it's not against the law. The insurance job is to make sure that you are reinbursed for your damages not make sure the car is repaired. The car is your property, not theirs. Weather you want to fix it or not, it's up to you. That's why the insurance co. gives you a form to sign and send back, saying that they honored their end and you are satisfied.

Got bondo?

Please tell me you are going to pop the dent out a little.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    You do realize some body shops do this too? They quote someone at a certain amount and then they get used parts cheaper and do the work. I used to work at body shop and knew all the local junkers at the time.

It also is not insurance fraud because the person who fucked up his car caused 870 something dollars in damage after parts paint and work if he got it done at a body shop. He chose to not get the work done there and do it himself it still doesnt take away from the fact of value. If geico told me that they would give me 800 bucks to replace my bumper or if i did it myself they would give me 85 bucks I would just let the body shop do it for 800 bucks at tht point.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    You're really not gonna just bondo that whole dent are you? Please say NO!

You're better off just buying another door at the JY like u said b4...
    Dood i was JK its only a funny pic, of course i would never!!! hahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    No that is not insurance fraud. Insurance fraud is if you purposely damage your car only to collect money from them. That's fraud.

What he is doing is perfectly normal and the insurance knows that some people do that but it's not against the law. The insurance job is to make sure that you are reinbursed for your damages not make sure the car is repaired. The car is your property, not theirs. Weather you want to fix it or not, it's up to you. That's why the insurance co. gives you a form to sign and send back, saying that they honored their end and you are satisfied.
    Exactly correct.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Please tell me you are going to pop the dent out a little.
    HAHAHAH

http://evolutionesx.myphotoalbum.com...umName=album01

Thats the link to my photo album, im always updating it! Finished the dash! I got my check today so look for pics with the new drop from the suspension upgrade soon!
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-24-2010 at 02:40 PM

wtf r u talking about?

blue8g
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    wtf r u talking about?
    okay maybe not fraud

but i've heard that some insurance companies won't payout until the work is done so that they know how much you spent, so that you can't pocket the money

k enough off topic about insurance in my build thread!! All worked out i have the check and the claim is over. So monday i plan on buying JM's projector lights from here and buying the struts and springs, ill post pics as soon as i get em in!!

Here is some pics.

I painted the door trim and handles back to white..they were black..looks so much better but it doesnt really matter because in spring the car is getting a real paint job anyways:

The car hurtin after the accident :-( getting a new door monday morning:

The new interior painted! This paint is aweome it looks wet and shinny all the time but its dry! Still need the evo wheel, carpet, and other small parts to get rid of the baige but its coming together well.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Nice with the door handles completely white it looks really clean and please post pics of JM's Projector's Cutoff when you buy them. Good job the car looking clean.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 01-24-2010 at 05:35 PM

4g64T 5spd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast