The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shadow19's turbo build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 36 of 36
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    you can get 5v from the MAS
    Ok ill check the wiring diagrams in the chilton manual to see if they give voltage outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Ok ill check the wiring diagrams in the chilton manual to see if they give voltage outputs.
    http://vfaq.com/mods/2GMAF-1G.html

Wire use according to the ECU wiring diagrams, 2G
    1 - 5V power supply for sensors
    2 - Barometric pressure sensor
    3 - Air flow sensor
    4 - MPI control relay
    5 - Ground for sensors
    6 - Intake air temp sensor
    7 - Volume air flow sensor reset signal
    8 - None

boom.

Don't worry about the wire color difference in the picture. all that matters is which wire you pull from.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Sweet! thanks man!

Experienced TGC Member
    Still running into some problems with my maf translaor but im trying to work it out. The car is running like there is no MAF hooked up and ive been through 2 sensors and wiring 50 times already and it all works out. I think MKO and I are on to something. Anywho here is the pic of the final outcome of this build. Hope you guys enjoy.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks good. What's the issue?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    car running but its running like there is no MAF connected. I thought maybe the maf sensor i got was bad but i got a new one and it does the same thing. Idles really rough, and revs really harsh. When its at about 2500 rpm the AFR goes up to 21. Sometimes the car will backfire at idle... Ive checked all the wiring and installation guides over and over and ive come up with nothing. I took the unit apart to make sure it wasnt the prescale jumper but its set to on. IDK.. The AFI (air flow input) is reading 0 when i check it and when the maf is unplugged nothing changes.
    Last edited by Shadow19; 02-23-2010 at 10:05 PM

it doesnt see the gm maf. i think its a wiring problem
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Do you have a vacuum block? I'am just curious about how you setup your blowoff valve. What type of boost controller are you using?
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

8G auto tranny mount, does anyone know how the hell to get it out? take everything part after part and it will not come out....1/4 inch to spare.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    8G auto tranny mount, does anyone know how the hell to get it out? take everything part after part and it will not come out....1/4 inch to spare.
    Maybe if you tried to the 8g section they would help you. Please dont clutter up my thread with this shit. Ive helped numerous people on this forum and im trying to have ppl help me so the bullshit can just stay out of this thread. Thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phizzalot View Post
    Do you have a vacuum block? I'am just curious about how you setup your blowoff valve. What type of boost controller are you using?
    No vacuum block. Tee'd off of the brake booster hose with brass fittings and then teed off again from there to go to my map and BOV. No boost controller used because i want the stock wastegate pressure and there is a line that goes from the actuator to the j-pipe.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You sure your injectors are wired right and all firing? What do the plugs look like?
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    You sure your injectors are wired right and all firing? What do the plugs look like?
    4 black and red wires from ecu tapped into the red wire for the resistor pack, black/yellow, black/red, black/blue and black/white go to each injector. That part is correct. The thing is the translator pro isnt even getting an air flow signal from the senor itself and im getting power from the translator pro going to the ecu, from the translator going to the sensor and im also getting the 12 volts that goes to the MAF. Im really stumped on this. TurboBob is helping me out as well as MKO. My wiring is right. Ive checked over and over and over and over and over. All of it is soldered correctly and not some slack half ass shit. Everything else works. Its running so rich on idle because there is no maf signal that i cant stand being around the car for more than 2 minutes and i feel light headed. If i unplug the MAF there is no difference what so ever. I set the jumper inside the translator pro as well as set it according to the translator settings. Im really lost. 2 things that come to my mind. 1. The translator pro itself is fucked up OR the MAF is fucked up but what are the odds of getting 2 completely dead MAF's? Ive had the maf come undone in my car when it was N/A as well as a charge pipe blow off of my gf's 2g and its doing the same thing that they did.

Experienced TGC Member
    so here is an update to this.. We have pretty much come to the conclusion that the maft pro itself is bad. Im getting voltage on all wires going to the maf as well as the ecu. I set it up according to what TurboBob told me (he is an employee that works at fullthrottle who makes the translators). Im going to send it in and it will probably take 2 weeks to get it back to me. However the best thing about this company is that they do not charge for repair which i think is awesome! Its good to see a company back their product 100%

Experienced TGC Member
    So as of today weve come to the conclusion somethign has to be wrong with the MAFT-PRO unit itself. Ive done all testing that they said to test and ive come up with nothing. Ive gone through 3 maf sensors and i still get no signal to the unit. Im going to ship it out tomorrow and they are going to let me know whats up with it. So i guess in about 3-4 days ill know something.

Experienced TGC Member
    So i shipped out the unit today and installed my K&N filter that just came in the mail. I took the car out of the garage so we can put the FMIC on my gf's 2g. I snapped some quick pics. She is a little dirty but i dont think i did final shots of the whole shabang! The front bumper still needs a little tweaking but ill do that when i re-paint it because of my stupid ass...... Overall im very pleased with how well everything has laid out. It was a royal bitch to get it done but even if it makes no power (which is unrealistic) it still looks sexy in the engine bay ;-). When i do the 63t swap im going to have the piping welded so there wont be so many couplings but i had to do what i had to do....

Last edited by Shadow19; 04-03-2010 at 11:27 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12