The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Distributor Issue

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Icon4 Distributor Issue

Hi there

I am having a huge issue with my 6G

My Distributor is not sending any electrical current to my spark plugs and thus the engine is not starting whatever i try to do...

I know that the distributor is faulting some where but i can't manage to get the part here in my country so now i have two questions for ya experts...

1. Can another distributor from a different Mitsu engine be used? (Engine type is SOHC 4G3 Engine)
    2. Is there a website you know that has the whole part in sale and cheap?

Thanks!

Cheers!

Lofty
    It may not be your Dizzy, check your ECU for leaking caps.

There is no ECU in that engine :P

I thought there was one where there is none... That is why i know that the Distributor is in fault.

There is Juice in the coil but a failure from coil to the Distributor where 3 Spark plugs on 4 is igniting...

Anyone with a possible solution>?

all the spark plug wires have continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by RedLine DOHC View Post
    all the spark plug wires have continuity?
    Nope one of 'em is igniting only once in while...

Since cannot have a 4G3 Distrib utor isn't there another distributor from another Mitsu Engine that i an use instead?

Can aynone just tell me if any other distributor can fit in the 4G3 please?

Can a Lancer from the same year have the same distributor?

This is kind of urgent so please answer me...

Thanks mate

I just hope this great community won't let me down

before you try and get a whole new dist i would recommend changing the cap and rotor, its highly unlikely that the dist itself would fail before those two, not to mention the cap and rotor is way cheaper.

Take a picture of the dist you have ill see if the one i have laying around is the same or not.
    Last edited by Galant306m; 01-04-2010 at 08:42 PM

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozerfok View Post
    Nope one of 'em is igniting only once in while...

Since cannot have a 4G3 Distrib utor isn't there another distributor from another Mitsu Engine that i an use instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    before you try and get a whole new dist i would recommend changing the cap and rotor, its highly unlikely that the dist itself would fail before those two, not to mention the cap and rotor is way cheaper.

Take a picture of the dist you have ill see if the one i have laying around is the same or not.
    x2
    if you have a bad wire you need a new set anyway, I would do the plugs as well so, new cap and rotor wires and plugs to start. I think you could have all that for less then 100 bucks easy
    Last edited by Galant306m; 01-04-2010 at 08:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up... will try to get the parts...

If ever i cannot get a 4G3 cap can i take another one from another Mitsu engine? If yes what engine model please?

The spares are hard to get in this part of the world... I'm in Mauritius by the way...

Can the cap be faulting even if there is not a single scratch in it?

Redline.. if ever you station in Diego Garcia give me a heads up! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mozerfok View Post
    Thanks for the heads up... will try to get the parts...

If ever i cannot get a 4G3 cap can i take another one from another Mitsu engine? If yes what engine model please?

The spares are hard to get in this part of the world... I'm in Mauritius by the way...

Can the cap be faulting even if there is not a single scratch in it?

Redline.. if ever you station in Diego Garcia give me a heads up! :P

You can check at the parts stores and see which ones would work but most likely they will just be the same part number from different models, they should be able to get one i would think if not let me know the year and model of your car cause i can get one for you.

Yes the cap can be faulting out if there is noting wrong on the outside, its probably burned out or the rotor is just worn out.

1996 galant s

TGC Regular
    i got a 4g63 sohc. i just replace my cap and rotor. when i pull my motor out how much do u want for it if it is the whole dissy.

i dont think mine will fit take some pics.

1996 galant s

Will get the pics up by this weekend... I'm at my stepmother's place for the week...

Thanks for the help guys this is much appreciated...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    If you have the SOHC 4G63 8 valve the distributor is gear driven with a shaft. 4G64 distributor or any other later model Mitsu motors distributor will not work since most of them are camshaft notch driven.

I think older 4G15's had gear driven distributors..you could see if that works.

Have you tried to check if you are getting spark from each spark wire to determine which port is not getting spark.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    If you have the SOHC 4G63 8 valve the distributor is gear driven with a shaft. 4G64 distributor or any other later model Mitsu motors distributor will not work since most of them are camshaft notch driven.

I think older 4G15's had gear driven distributors..you could see if that works.

Have you tried to check if you are getting spark from each spark wire to determine which port is not getting spark.
    There is one spark that isn't giving in anything...

and the engine is a 4G3

If worse comes to worse there might be a swap from 4G3 to 4G6 given that i find a Cheap DOHC somewhere around... Can that be done without any mod in the Engine bay?