The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: hyper ground wires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    I've upgraded to self made 4 AWG ground cables a long time ago. I used audio 4 AWG cables and let me tell you that audio cables is going to be so much more efficient than the same size (or bigger) grounding cables you can by from your autoparts store. You also may or may not see any difference in performance; I know I didn't but I like to know that my electrical system is running a little more efficiently. You can just use the spades that you use for the ends like making cables for big ampliers. I've bolted down the extra ground straps off the battery and also on the engine grounds. You should actually ground the engine in two areas, the top and one for the block on the bottom. To further the efficiency of the complete circuit, you should also plan on doing this for the alternator; after all, that's what is generating all the juice to keep the car and all your toys and accessories running AND charge up that battery. And by making these yourself, you can get better and fatter cables made at a fraction of the cost. :mrgreen:

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

cool... does any one have pics on these by any chance???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

ohhh yea you guys said to get the 4 gauge wire and bolt it down right... soo do i bolt it down straight from the negative off the battery to the chassy and other places like you said???... my other friend back at home is thinking of doin it too but he said i should just replace all the ground wires which are like 5 of them and make separate grounds... so imm kinda stuck now which might be better???

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    ohhh yea you guys said to get the 4 gauge wire and bolt it down right... soo do i bolt it down straight from the negative off the battery to the chassy and other places like you said???... my other friend back at home is thinking of doin it too but he said i should just replace all the ground wires which are like 5 of them and make separate grounds... so imm kinda stuck now which might be better???
    Ground is ground there is no seperate grounds,they all electrically atatched. It would be better to redo all of the 5 wires with thicker cable. But youd get away pretty fine with just the methods above. Your not gonna notice anything unless you have some serious electrical issues in your car, so unless you got nothing else to do I wouldnt put this at the top of my mods list Just my 2cents
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

hmmm did any body feel at least a little difference???... ohh well ive got nothing to do any ways soo ill try it out hehe thanks people...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>hmmm did any body feel at least a little difference???... ohh well ive got nothing to do any ways soo ill try it out hehe thanks people...</div>

Post up how it turns out, maybe you'll inspire me to do it
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

okay guys i finally finished my wiring for the ground with the 4 guage... i tried it out and it seems a little bit better but i am not sure cuz it could be the weather becaues its almost night... took me about an hour and did what you guys told me...thanks everyone but i just grounded it to almost anything that could be grounded umm from the battery to the chassy den to another chassy (yea i split the wires apart ) and then again from the batttery to the block and then another block seems pretty good hehe but actually i cant prove a thing, i hope to think that i gained some power ohhh well thanks for ur help!!!! 8)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12