The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Eclipse 00-05 intake on ebay. Will they fit?

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Eclipse 00-05 intake on ebay. Will they fit?

I have been in the market for an intake and I have seen that they make a nicer one for the Eclipse than the Galant and they are cheaper too. I have several I would like to use but am not sure if any of them would fit. I know some parts are interchangeable but with aftermarket stuff I am not sure. Please tell me which one is best out of these 2 I have found.

AEM V2 Replica
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Standard Cold Air
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Or should I get one for the marketed for the Galant specifically?

You can get one for the Eclipse or Galant, just make sure its the same engine size.

The one in the first link I would not buy. Its piping diameter gets smaller, restricting air flow. Kind of defeats the purpose of an aftermarket intake.

The second one is a brand I've never heard of.

Save your money, buy the real thing. You get what you pay for.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I got mine of of ebay with a K&N filter for 70.00 and i am satisfied with it. Pipe is pipe if you ask me, its all about the filter IMO

I am not worried about brand. I have had ebay intakes before and been pleased with them. I plan on getting a K&N filter later anyway. I just wanted to know if I would have any fitment issues with any of these. Is 1/4 inch of piping really going to make a difference? I didn't think it would be that restrictive, not like exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I got mine of of ebay with a K&N filter for 70.00 and i am satisfied with it. Pipe is pipe if you ask me, its all about the filter IMO
    Pipe is not a pipe I can bend the shit on ebay with my hands. Yes its made of aluminum which is great at getting rid of heat, but its so thin that the engine heat soaks into the air in the pipe.

I agree with Pete you get what you pay for if all yo care about is noise you can do what I did and cut the resonators off. If you want somewhat of a performance gain granted it is not much 1-3 hp get the real thing.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    well you are not really gonna get any gains from a CAI, and even if you did loose anything it would be negligible, CAI's are more or less for the sounds, but if complimented with a Exhaust and other Mods then it would free up some more ponies

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    for a penny more you can get the cold air. thats pretty funny

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

pay attention to the mounts. the AEM and INJEN have mounts that attach to the engine block via custom brackets. i can't verify the other brands. the i4 has a weak throttle body and if you mount an intake w/ no support you are in danger of cracking the throttle body... then the money you save on an eby intake will bite you in the ass since the TB will cost many times more to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    pay attention to the mounts. the AEM and INJEN have mounts that attach to the engine block via custom brackets. i can't verify the other brands. the i4 has a weak throttle body and if you mount an intake w/ no support you are in danger of cracking the throttle body... then the money you save on an eby intake will bite you in the ass since the TB will cost many times more to replace.
    That is a good point too. My bimmers CAI didnt come with mounts so I custom fabbed 3 mounts so the weight isnt solely on TB

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have my eBay intake tied down with a shoe lace lmao

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    i have my eBay intake tied down with a shoe lace lmao
    my first intake was zip tied to my battery. Tied down isnt the issue though its the weight that is tying it prevents movement, but there is still alot of weight on the TB.

ATLpromotional
    I ordered an advertised "8G GALANT COLD AIR INTAKE" and when I got the box in the mail it said "00-05 ECLIPSE" on it. Fit like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    You can get one for the Eclipse or Galant, just make sure its the same engine size.

The one in the first link I would not buy. Its piping diameter gets smaller, restricting air flow. Kind of defeats the purpose of an aftermarket intake.

The second one is a brand I've never heard of.

Save your money, buy the real thing. You get what you pay for.
    i actually have the second one and never had any problem wit it driving on the rain or snow...i just didnt use the filter that came wit it tho...i changed it to spectre off road edition. it fits perfect on my G.

-RON

ATLpromotional
    Dude I love your foglights...offtopic, sorry.
    What are they?

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I had an ebay intake for more than a year and never had a problem with the TB or anything else...or maybe its bc I made brackets to hold it in place....its really not that hard at all to custom your brackets.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Quote Originally Posted by ATLpromotional View Post
    Dude I love your foglights...offtopic, sorry.
    What are they?
    thanks! Hella Optilux Angel Eyes 2500

-RON

ATLpromotional
    Nice, nice. Where'd you order them from?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Injen is a pretty good one..

carbon fiber is always a great choice ;) the ones we made are less then the "name brand" stuff