The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 03-Galant-ES's build thread. Not much but more to come I hope.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    Nice upgrades dude. Any JDM plans???
    If i do jdm its lower part of front, sides and rear. I like 02-03 tails and I like these heads so I would modify the bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    If i do jdm its lower part of front, sides and rear. I like 02-03 tails and I like these heads so I would modify the bumper.
    Ok so update. I just put the deposit on the JDM rear bumper with extensions GB from Cali. I will be looking to acquire the sides and fender flares over the course of the year, but I am unsure what to do with the front bumper. I am considering picking up a spare stock one that is all scratched up on ebay getting some fg and a nice lip and going to work. Yes I do have fg experience on an 89 fiero GT and on a Formula SAE car my first year of college. What you guys think?

Ok so update. I just put the deposit on the JDM rear bumper with extensions GB from Cali. I will be looking to acquire the sides and fender flares over the course of the year, but I am unsure what to do with the front bumper. I am considering picking up a spare stock one that is all scratched up on ebay getting some fg and a nice lip and going to work. Yes I do have fg experience on an 89 fiero GT and on a Formula SAE car my first year of college. What you guys think?
    Personally I love the front OEM bumper of our G's (02/03). I dont plan on changing mine either so i'mma be adding either a VRG front lip or a Civic Mugen lip to compliment it in time. Its a great idea and since you have fg experience you can easily accomplish that. I would go for it bro.....

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by tjones156 View Post
    Personally I love the front OEM bumper of our G's (02/03). I dont plan on changing mine either so i'mma be adding either a VRG front lip or a Civic Mugen lip to compliment it in time. Its a great idea and since you have fg experience you can easily accomplish that. I would go for it bro.....
    Yeah I am thinking a mugen lip and either one or 2 splitters color matched on the sides to give it that agressive, but clean look. I also am trying to figure out what to do with my grills. I am considering cutting the top mounting piece of the 02/03 bumper making it flush and then possibly getting an after market 99-01 grill. Best of both worlds. And I am also thinking of doing FG over the projectors I will be installing in the bumper and making the fog housing more flush.

Yeah I am thinking a mugen lip and either one or 2 splitters color matched on the sides to give it that agressive, but clean look. I also am trying to figure out what to do with my grills. I am considering cutting the top mounting piece of the 02/03 bumper making it flush and then possibly getting an after market 99-01 grill. Best of both worlds. And I am also thinking of doing FG over the projectors I will be installing in the bumper and making the fog housing more flush.
    Sounds good to me. Do it man! It would be sick, cant wait to see it if you decide to go along with this

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Sounds good to me. Do it man! It would be sick, cant wait to see it if you decide to go along with this
    Ill let you know as time progresses. I am accumulating parts right now and gonna test fit everything to the car. I am gonna get all the damage fixed and get everything painted together once this car is no longer my daily. I used to work at a body shop I will probably just ask them on a slow day if I could paint my car. Prep will be done by me and I may get away with just paying for the paint not the labor.

Nose chop ftw
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Nose chop ftw
    You know ive reall been considering this but dont know what I would use for a grill.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member

Hmmm...
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    You know ive reall been considering this but dont know what I would use for a grill.
    Um hello, A plethora of JDM grills await, just get JDM heads to match, or make your own Zenki Aero style USDM grill, the possibilities are endless, I'm looking for a cheap 02-03 bumper of my own so I can do this, it's really pretty simple if you take your time
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Um hello, A plethora of JDM grills await, just get JDM heads to match, or make your own Zenki Aero style USDM grill, the possibilities are endless, I'm looking for a cheap 02-03 bumper of my own so I can do this, it's really pretty simple if you take your time
    yeah its very simple. I am not really in the market right now...When my tax return comes though I want to get everything I need so when I get a daily I can toss the G in the shop then park her in a garage until meets and summer weekends.

Finished my projector fogs, but she is still dirty from this week.

I am happy with the results I cant wait to drive her tonight and see how the visibility is. Will try to get pics.

The heads and fogs look great. Great job :-)
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Looks clean and awesome bro

Quote Originally Posted by wright06jhs View Post
    The heads and fogs look great. Great job :-)
    thanks she'll be sitting as is for the time being with parts gathering dust in my garage. Income will be low as med school prep becomes more rigorous.

Looks clean and awesome bro
    thx wish I had it done for the meet.

Experienced TGC Member
    The only problem that Im seeing is that the bulb is exposed, its not like inside of a headlight housing, its just wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    The only problem that Im seeing is that the bulb is exposed, its not like inside of a headlight housing, its just wide open.
    Hehe you noticed that too? Yeah Ive been working things out in my head trying to figure out what I can do. I may just mount a clear plastic there for the time being, but I doubt much of anything will splash up into my bumper into the projector housing and effect the bulb. The bulb sits in the metal part that only has a half cut opening so it doesnt blind people.

So for now I am rolling as is until bulb blows :) Then innovation will have to step in.

Been keeping tabs on your thread and your G looks clean...I believe the projectors really set your car off!

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    Been keeping tabs on your thread and your G looks clean...I believe the projectors really set your car off!
    thanks man, one thing thats now bothering me is the amber turn and halos i might get those in a more yellow to match the 3000k fogs.

Looks great so far man. I love our bumpers LoL! especially when there paint matched like yours lol.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast