The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 03-Galant-ES's build thread. Not much but more to come I hope.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 123
    Did not take a picture of the rewired harness, but now my harness is from 9004 to 2x 9006 harnesses rather than 9004-2x H1s like it was. I will have to rewire my harness to go back to halogens, but I dont plan on that since I can always swap in the H1 bulbs from my Highs to lows while I wait for lows when they are blown.

Just gotta wait for another pair of bulbs next week as I ordered wrong ones, but she looks lovely.

So car had a bad ground the other week got it fixed over the weekend. Thank god it wasnt an alternator, but because I thought it was an alternator I learned that a simple cheap upgrade for our cars is the 2003-2005 4g64 eclipse alternators which are 95 amps compared to our 85 amps.

Spring is in the air I should clean:

But I just keep buying shit dont I?

MN132874 - 03 Evo 8 RS / GSR
    MN132874 - 04 Evo 8 RS

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    turbo project!!!

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    turbo project!!!
    and disc swap :)

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    and disc swap :)
    that too, but turbo project was a little more fun to comment on! GL with both, cant wait to see the progress

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    that too, but turbo project was a little more fun to comment on! GL with both, cant wait to see the progress
    thanks bro

So as far as turbo project is going, I ordered a 3'' magnaflow got it for 60 bucks shipped from a kid on evom. I will post exact specs once I get it. o2 housing and evo 8 manifold are on the way. Rear JDM bumper is in garage, fender flares are in room.

Turbo Parts:
    TD05H 9.8 Hotside
    Evo 8 Exhaust mani
    Evo 8 o2 Housing
    Evo 9 fuel pump
    Evo 8 fuel rail
    Evo 8 fpr
    Evo 8 ecu
    Made an offer on WRX 440cc injectors

Exterior Project:
    JDM Rear
    JDM 6 piece fender flares

Exhaust Parts:
    3'' Magnaflow
    thinking about going 3'' turbo back with a 3'' high flow cat and 3'' VRS piping for 3G extended. With custom down pipe from turbo.

Intake parts:
    For now thinking about Outlander intake and 6g72 or 6g74 TB, but that will be more towards autumn.

Any advice on parts I have or am planning on getting is welcome. Any advice on the remaining turbo pieces are also welcome. Thanks for viewing and for the support guys.

Well the turbo project is on hold and I have 1700 to drop on a 5spd to put the power down better.

I found a transmission with 18,000 miles on it and it is costing me 616.20 shipped. I am talking to the guy about it right now and am possibly taking it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    bananas!!! looks great cant wait to see the progress of the new projects!

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

put some stuff on before you buy more parts. you have like 3 projects going on. Complete 1 project and move on to the next one. Its more gratifying that way.

Let me know if you need a hand

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    put some stuff on before you buy more parts. you have like 3 projects going on. Complete 1 project and move on to the next one. Its more gratifying that way.

Let me know if you need a hand
    Thanks aaron, I decided the 5spd would be the best to do straight off. The exterior is going on in the future and turbo may be on this summer. I am trying to be 5spd by corona with my evo ecu installed then I can put turbo piece on july or august once its fully pieced and be tuned before school stars.

5-speed by Corona would be sick. Do you think you can do it in time?

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by tjones156 View Post
    5-speed by Corona would be sick. Do you think you can do it in time?
    yeah if i can get the pieces together. I will have my car inspected now just so I can install the 5spd and have time to tinker and get rid of CELs and shit. Depending on how much i get the parts for I may just pay Roman 5 bills to do it. If I dont pay Roman and his friend then 5spd meet at my house?

A 5-speed meet at your crib sounds interesting. Cant really help since I have no clue about how to do the swap. If invited, i'll be there for moral support. Lol

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    its pretty straight forward. the plus side of going through roman is it will be done in about 4 hrs or so at this point. its becoming routine. lol. it will also be done at a shop and all the tools are available and possibly if anything is missing that is readily available it can be accessed. in addition eugene ends up doing most of the work anyway so you can pretty much chill out and lend a hand when needed.

you also dont have to wait so much on other people scheduals which is always a problem. denver had to go without a car for about a week since i had to come and give him a hand and wasnt able to make it there for a while
    Last edited by fatal1; 05-04-2010 at 05:40 PM

Putting on and removing the tranny is pretty hard if you dont have either A) a lift B) a cherry picker or C) transmission jack.

I had a cherry picker and 2 floor jacks and it was still pretty challenging to get the tranny up that high and all lined up

Yeah the swap is 10x harder on the floor. I literally benched pressed the trans while a buddy picked it up from the top to get it lined up with the clutch disc and dowel pins.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post

what is that doll in the background !?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    its pretty straight forward. the plus side of going through roman is it will be done in about 4 hrs or so at this point. its becoming routine. lol. it will also be done at a shop and all the tools are available and possibly if anything is missing that is readily available it can be accessed. in addition eugene ends up doing most of the work anyway so you can pretty much chill out and lend a hand when needed.

you also dont have to wait so much on other people scheduals which is always a problem. denver had to go without a car for about a week since i had to come and give him a hand and wasnt able to make it there for a while
    I was there first night of denvers swap, I was the token white guy. Haha jk, but I picked up the v6 tranny it wasnt too bad. laying down though I could see it being hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Yeah the swap is 10x harder on the floor. I literally benched pressed the trans while a buddy picked it up from the top to get it lined up with the clutch disc and dowel pins.
    I would probably use and engine lift after wheeling it in on a jack from the bottom and lift it up with that while angling it, but I would rather have roman and eugene do it since they are old hands at it

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    what is that doll in the background !?!?!
    Joseph from my xmas manger.
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 05-04-2010 at 10:52 PM

Over two years ago. Where is the finished product?
    I have an 03 myself and I'm taking notes
    Very happy I came across this thread and kept turning the pages
    Get r done

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    Like a boss

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast