The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: UPDATE! Done a few projects

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 40 of 40
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Motion carried for the fact that its dangerous then?
    definitely.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Alright majority rules change your suspension before you kill yourself or someone else. Keep it clean :)

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Please tell me what "kit" you got that slams the back end. There are members here that have run every setup with no problems, so I'm sure you aren't the first.

My guess is that you bought coilovers or (god forbid) springs that you cut for the front only, cause you couldn't afford anything for the backend.

So do yourself a favor and get your ride height fixed, before you kill your car and (again, god forbid) someone else.
    right now im running KYB-GR2 struts and Megan springs but the assend is way to low, so im looking for a higher sitting set for the back. So ur guess is wrong, might try asaking some questions before making predictions. And as far as the ride goes it corners great just like it is.

and the sunvisor isnt coming off, i smoke i have to have it!

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu View Post
    And as far as the ride goes it corners great just like it is.
    until you're in a ditch :P

The teins arent too low in rear.

I had the tein lower spring with kyb gr-2 bro. It looks fine with no gap between the tire and car in the rear suspension but still looking pretty high from a back view.!! I mean the rear bumper still far away From the floor So u can go with them and u will be fine.!! And good luck with the rest.!!
    Last edited by sponcar; 01-05-2010 at 11:06 PM
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

And as far as the ride goes it corners great just like it is.
    Fine, dont listen to us. We only know and have seen this happen before. Ask njfudge, DO NOT push your car in corners with your current set-up. You WILL lose control, it's not something that we heard might happen it is something we've SEEN happen within the community. Even if you find a different spring for the back that will satisfy your goal for the drop, I gurantee it still wouldnt be the safest thing because not all springs have the same spring rate.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    I had the tein lower spring with kyb gr-2 bro. It looks fine with no gap between the tire and car in the rear suspension but still looking pretty high from a back view.!! I mean the rear bumper still far away From the floor So u can go with them and u will be fine.!! And good luck with the rest.!!
    sounds like tein is what i need for the back, ill update when i get them on.

after you get teins (for the rear) make sure you get a sway bar for the rear itll help reduce that unwanted roll from haven it sit higher then the front. even a lower tie bar will help some. i wouldnt argue to much about spring rate(even though a big issue) a lot of it is center of gravity and moment roll center that will disturbe your cars handling. you want your front and rear to work together not lagging or opposite.

to a certain degree it all comes down to how you want the car to handle. some people like under steer some like over steer i do think under steer is your safest option for a FF drive. teins might the do the job it might not. after you get new springs i say learn the cars limit on a course etc before you do reckless driving(not that you should).

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    after you get teins (for the rear) make sure you get a sway bar for the rear itll help reduce that unwanted roll from haven it sit higher then the front. even a lower tie bar will help some. i wouldnt argue to much about spring rate(even though a big issue) a lot of it is center of gravity and moment roll center that will disturbe your cars handling. you want your front and rear to work together not lagging or opposite.

to a certain degree it all comes down to how you want the car to handle. some people like under steer some like over steer i do think under steer is your safest option for a FF drive. teins might the do the job it might not. after you get new springs i say learn the cars limit on a course etc before you do reckless driving(not that you should).
    You mean lower sway bar or are your trying to get him to remove/modify his back seat?

Those are teins for reference of height
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 01-06-2010 at 11:29 AM

I guess the 3 people that lost their G on my last post due to the same shit you're doing meant nothing to you. Well, that's okay, see your thread on the Graveyard forum soon! :)

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    You mean lower sway bar or are your trying to get him to remove/modify his back seat?
    I meant just a bigger bar in diameter to replace the stock anti sway bar/stabilizer.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

As others have said, remove the AEM sticker and sun roof wind deflector. Well you said it wasn't your DD, and a clean look doesn't sound like what your going for. On a side note, could I get a picture of your front end? Looks like you meshed the grille bumper and foglight holes, I was thinking of doing the same.

Hey greddy! nice sig! lol

But yeah... your ride height game needs to change a bit. you dont need stickers to be a track car, I'll tell you the truth bro, as opposed to what people here will say, sticker DO NOT give you extra power.

BUT THEM BLU SHITZZ DO!!!!

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Blue shitzz yo !

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    my progress springs have a larger rear drop than the megans (im pretty sure) and itd actually not low enough for my taste?

right now im running KYB-GR2 struts and Megan springs but the assend is way to low, so im looking for a higher sitting set for the back. So ur guess is wrong, might try asaking some questions before making predictions. And as far as the ride goes it corners great just like it is.

and the sunvisor isnt coming off, i smoke i have to have it!

So your going to kill yourself either cornering or smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by krow View Post
    So your going to kill yourself either cornering or smoking?
    prolly smoking!

the cars not running right now anyway so im not to worried about rolling my car brcause its sittin the driveway, when i get my taxes i'll have the money to rebuild the motor and get a suspension that has a stance i like!

Although i really do appreciate that ya'll are concerned about my safety.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianHunter View Post
    As others have said, remove the AEM sticker and sun roof wind deflector. Well you said it wasn't your DD, and a clean look doesn't sound like what your going for. On a side note, could I get a picture of your front end? Looks like you meshed the grille bumper and foglight holes, I was thinking of doing the same.

just click on my cardomain link, pretty sure theres a good pic. My bumper has been dented since i got the car so you'll have to look over it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Sigh..

I like your wheels, and the color of your car.
    02StratusRT and 00EclipseGT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12