The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Swapping cruise control from one car to another

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Swapping cruise control from one car to another

hey guys, got a 7G auto here with cruise control which I'm parting out, I'm wanting to fit the cruise system into my 5spd 7G which never had cruise control fitted.

I haven't had much of a chance to have a look up under the dashboard but it seems the cruise control stuff is part of the main body loom, does anyone know where the computer or control box is which controls the cruise control? my car is R.H.D so I assume the unit will be in a similar spot or even just on the opposite side of the car.

Also does anyone know if the cruise control definitely gets it speed signal from the gearbox speed sensor (assuming it must get the signal from the dashboard cluster end).

Thanks!

When I swapped out harnesses for the P/W, P/L, & P/M, I found that most the relays and brains are on the center console portion of the dash usually on the sides. I found that if your 5 speed car doesnt come with cruise control that the harness needs to be changed out to get the plugs for the cruise controll and all the amenitys. research your harness to see if it comes with the plugs first.

1994 Galant S. 90 Percent GS.

yeah I ended up pulling most of the dash trim off and found the cruise control computer, switch, and connection to the steering wheel, but all the wiring between them and the cruise control vac unit are all buried in the wiring loom. It also gets signal from the TPS and automatic transmission computer.

Have decided to not bother, unless I am going to totally part out the car and pull the loom out and seperate it all.