The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Average Cost of Lowering Galant?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    dotsad

Average Cost of Lowering Galant?

If you lowered your ride, can u tell me how much was it. How much did you spend on parts and labor?
    Do u have to have new rims right away, or you can lower your car and then add new rims and tires?

Thank you

Senior TGC Member
    I dropped my car for 180 in labor and 230 in parts (Eibach Pro-Kit springs), and am using my factory 16x6 alloy wheels. Hope this helps.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

dotsad
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dropped my car for 180 in labor and 230 in parts (Eibach Pro-Kit springs), and am using my factory 16x6 alloy wheels. Hope this helps.</div>

Did you buy your springs on eBay or at some store? Also if you want to drop your car, do you just go to any body shop, or look around for a pro-shop?

Thanx

Senior TGC Member
    I got mine done at the performance shop I go to, I think anyone that deals with suspension can install it though. The kit I also purchased on site.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

I did it myself..

VERY easy install.buddy of mine helped me.. he actually walked me through one side then I did the other side myself.. I am not a mechanic.. nor have I ever been one.. all you need is a toolkit, jackstands (and jack.. we had a floorjack) and a spring compressor kit (you can get from autozone) put down deposit then you get money back when you return it..took about 2 hours max to do the front...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

I paid 147 for my progress springs shipped from optauto.com
    and 200 bucks to get em installed
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

mitsuondubz

lowering with rims

i was thinking about getting these motegi racing mr2 18`s that i saw and i was wondering how much of a drop can you get out of that eibach pro kit? and if i put the 18`s on it will the wheels tuck? or would i need to drop it more and would they rub? thanks for the info

2001 es i4
    cleared corners, looks sweet

[/img]http://www.1010tires.com/images/wheels/motegi_mr7_chrome_17_large.jpg

i dunno if that worked or not, ive never put a pic on a post but thats the addy for the rims,, whatcha think?

mitsuondubz
    oops i meant mr7`s,,, not mr2`s :shock:

average i see about 400 but that can vary starting off at like 100 for ebay springs u install urself to about 2k for a full racing setup that u get installed. it all depends on the parts u get and who does the work

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I got mine installed for $50 for 4 corners, and, i got the springs for around $200 ( eibach pro Kit ), Pretty good Deal, but now i'm thingking to put it back to stock and selling the springs.

SimoP
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got mine installed for $50 for 4 corners, and, i got the springs for around $200 ( eibach pro Kit ), Pretty good Deal, but now i'm thingking to put it back to stock and selling the springs.</div>And why is that?!

Tiller
    about $300 for Eibach's and camber kit from www.tirerack.com

install ran me about $400, but i had mine done at the dealer... they also had to make some modifications to the underbody to get the camber kit bolts in...

you can definitely lower the car and get rims later... gettting rims before you lower it, makes you car look ridiculous... i.e. 4x4

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SimoP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jacuZZi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I got mine installed for $50 for 4 corners, and, i got the springs for around $200 ( eibach pro Kit ), Pretty good Deal, but now i'm thingking to put it back to stock and selling the springs.</div>And why is that?!</div>

I'm on tight budget right now, and want to sell the springs. i post it on
    4 sale forums.

Peep this.

HP Racing Adjusable Coilovers $135 FREE SHIPPING. Auction ends soon and he has more then 15 in stock.

KY ABX adjustable Gas Struts (best on the market for galant) $270 complete set plus shipping.

So for my entire suspension that will have a smooth ride that is fully adjustble from ride height to dampening, I'll total $435

That's the same price as Ground Control coilovers costs, haha.

I'll be doing the install with a friend who works at Midas so it's all good.

Tiller
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>KY ABX adjustable Gas Struts (best on the market for galant) $270 complete set plus shipping. </div>

right... i'd like to see that... the fronts alone are like $119 a piece, and they JUST came out...

Tiller
    well, maybe you have a 7G...?

then i could be wrong... never happened before though...

yea, I accidently made my way into the 8g forum. BUt this deal is for tg and 8g.

OMEGA RED
    can any one tell me the deal on these coilovers that are being sold on ebay? what is the difference between springs and coilovers? :blue:

Senior TGC Member
    I'm gonna make a wild uneducated guess and say springs are non-adjustable and coilover are adjustable.

Quote Originally Posted by mitsuondubz
    oops i meant mr7`s,,, not mr2`s :shock:
    i got the mr7s in gunmetal 18s
    and the progress springs
    peep my pics
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition