The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: need walkthorough bumper remove/installs could not find

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

need walkthorough bumper remove/installs could not find

could not find video or pic walkthorough step by step to remove front and rear bumpers and install new ones.i thought there was one on here pic by pic but cannot find.i did look but didnt find.if know of where can find or another site or somewhere please help.youtube no go either

take off your grille and headlights u will see philips sized dutton screws turn and pull them out then there are two or 3 screws holding it to the fenders on the sides. unhook fogs. done. it might be easier to unscrew the fender ones first, hope you got jack stands lol

this will be on an 03 esv6 8g. no i have no stands i need to borrow some from brother.hehe

Actually, it is easier to remove the metal frame holding the bumper cover in place instead of popping off all the plastic plugs - think its just 2-4 bolts if I remember correctly along the front, underneath the headlights for the 02/03. You will also need to get under the car as there are a pair of screws on each side just under the fender. The passenger side is a bit of a bitch to get to as the washer bottle can get in the way. You will also need to remove the plastic screws holding the the fender well covers to the front bumper cover at the edges.

There is also a pair of fat plastic plug things holding the bumper to the "nose" at the top. Just pop em off with a flathead.

Going off memory, for the rear bumper cover you will need to pop off the bottom plastic piece at the latch to get to the screws underneath. Also, at the side of the trunk just behind the taillights are some fiberboard covers - you will need to take those off to get to the screws holding the lower bumper to the fender.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    correct and correct

Yeah in the front remove the grille and headlights, there are two 10mm bolts on tht metal upper brace thing behind the grille and then two (two on each side) holding the bumper on the fender.

The rear bumper also has a few bolts/clips in the middle part of the bottom that hold it underneath and I think there are clips under the tail lights too. Pull the tail lights off just to be safe, I could have sworn there are 2 clips under each tail light, like physically under it, you would need the light out to see them.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Yeah for the rear you need to pop off that plastic piece where the trunk latch is at and take out the tail lights. Take out the trunk carpet by taking out all the clips. Then unscrew the lil wood boards. Then there's 4 bolts you take out in the middle, 4 on each side if I remember right, and 3 under the bumper too. There are clips here and there that you have to look for but you'll find them. Just remember where everything was when you put it back together lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

ok cool i still waiting for them to be shipped here soo maybe some videos or pics will come along to help me since im not great at this lol.thanks for the info guys.

my bro said something to me yesterday .about not setting off airbag sensor.is there a way to disconnect them?

your airbag sensor isn't gonna go off unless you decide to start kicking the front end of your car really hard.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

+1 - I've removed my bumper cover lots of times with no problems. If you are worried about the airbag going off, disconnect the battery.