The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Awesome Carpet/All Around Cleaner

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    ATLpromotional

Awesome Carpet/All Around Cleaner

My Grandpa has been detailing and working on cars for 40 years, and made me swear not to tell this to anyone, but I feel like I owe it to TGC. It may not sound like a huge thing for me to be sharing, but I doubt anyone has thought of this before and it works VERY well.

The solution? Half water, half Pine-Sol. It sounds crazy/dumb, but it works very well, I promise. For carpet/seat cleaning, I mix them in a bowl, dip a washcloth in it, wring it out, and scrub away. You could also put them into a spraybottle and spray it on the carpet and scrub from there.

Hope you guys can use my family secret. :P

PS-it also leaves your car smelling very clean. :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    That seems like it would be a good solution after using a rug doctor. I used a rug doctor in my car and my girlfriends car and wow could see the Cig. smoke coming out of her car from the previous owner, how ever, the smell after is not good. This seems like a great idea to "pour" in the car and then use the rug doctor machine to clean it up. I'm going to try it in the spring.

ATLpromotional
    Yeah. I need a Rug Doctor...can you use them on the headliner? My headliner is a bit on the verge of falling off, and I've heard that if you get it wet it'll fall right off.

Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing a family secret. I dont like the idea of my whip smellin like pine sol....but I may try this to see the cleanup results

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLpromotional View Post
    Yeah. I need a Rug Doctor...can you use them on the headliner? My headliner is a bit on the verge of falling off, and I've heard that if you get it wet it'll fall right off.
    I just rent one from the store I work at, but I did not even think about doing the head liner so I do not know about that.

Experienced TGC Member
    i ABSOLUTELY HATE the smell of pine sol when its in the bottle.. When diluted and used on a mop to mop the floors its not all that bad. Ill have to give this a try when the summer comes. No way in hell im trying that now.. Hell i wont even wash my car when its this cold. LOL

ATLpromotional
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    i ABSOLUTELY HATE the smell of pine sol when its in the bottle.. When diluted and used on a mop to mop the floors its not all that bad. Ill have to give this a try when the summer comes. No way in hell im trying that now.. Hell i wont even wash my car when its this cold. LOL
    Haha yeah, me either... I hate the winter. I'm very ocd about washing and waxing my car, and it's too cold to wax... Haha I guess an occasional polish will work fine until it warms up.

Experienced TGC Member
    Haha yeah, me either... I hate the winter. I'm very ocd about washing and waxing my car, and it's too cold to wax... Haha I guess an occasional polish will work fine until it warms up.
    PFT.. Wax?? What is that? 3/4 of my car is spray paint.. i dont care about that. LOL

I actually got this Bissell compact deep cleaner to clean up after my puppy, but it works great in cars too:

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    I actually got this Bissell compact deep cleaner to clean up after my puppy, but it works great in cars too:
    bro check out the spot bot, it does what that one does (w/ hose vacuum, sprayer and brush) and also cleans automatically over a 7" spot (sprays, scrubs and vacuums by itself)... we've used one for our dogs for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    I have one of these too

ATLpromotional
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    bro check out the spot bot, it does what that one does (w/ hose vacuum, sprayer and brush) and also cleans automatically over a 7" spot (sprays, scrubs and vacuums by itself)... we've used one for our dogs for years.

How much is that? Think it'd work in a car?

I've seen things like that at Wal-Mart but was scared to buy it incase it actually sucked. But with some good words for it, maybe it will be a better investment than renting the rug doctor everytime I want to give my interior a great cleaning. My girlfriends driveway is nothing but TINY rocks that dig right into the carpet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Just redo your headliner.. Look for my thread on it

I use spray nine. Cleans really good and smells good.

How much is that? Think it'd work in a car?
    well the automated part is made for flat level carpet (just for a 7" circlular spot), but the hose section and brush/sprayer would work for a car. it is not a steam cleaner however i fill it up w/ very hot water/soap solution and it works very well on pet accidents.

ATLpromotional
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    well the automated part is made for flat level carpet (just for a 7" circlular spot), but the hose section and brush/sprayer would work for a car. it is not a steam cleaner however i fill it up w/ very hot water/soap solution and it works very well on pet accidents.
    Awesome, thanks a lot man. Maybe this'll work on those damn grease spots! I was dumb enough to stick my friend's broken bicycle in my back seat and give him a ride home...

20:1 Water to Woolite HE (the laundry soap version) solution works like magic.

I put it in a spray bottle as my interior cleaner. You can use it on leather, vinyl, carpet, fabric, etc. Spray then scrub with a small brush with nylon bristles as needed, wipe up and wet vac as needed.

Meguiars and several other manufacturers have great all purpose cleaners that are safe for most interior surfaces but read the label first! I'd only recommend the water/Woolite mixture for leather though.

AlyxLoves8Gs
    I got my car from my bro. Talked him into saling it to me. Before i had it my brother helped my sister get it. The car was filthy, had stains that tuff stuff and turtle wax interior cleaner couldn't clean. I used the pine sol with water and it helped out a lot. Thank you ATLpromotional you helped me clean my car!
    Also since certain pine sols are sented it made it smell pretty good. :D

Barbasol on light colors
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both