The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My photography

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 53

My photography

I have started to kind of come out of my shell when it comes to my photography. I'm more interested in automotive photography but I am starting to take pictures of everything else around me. I'm slightly colorblind, well, actually, it's more like color stupid. lol. I can rarely tell the difference between blue and purple, red, orange, and brown, and green, and yellow. I can see the colors by themselves but together, they are a mix to me. I can see the colors as well, I dont see black and white. lol.

Anyway, I went to the city with a few friends this past tuesday and took some pics and here are some of the pictures i took with my Rebel XSi with the 18-55 kit lens.

My brother and Sisters National Honors Society induction ceremony. Didn't like how these came out. I had to crank up the ISO due to poor lighting so some of them are grainy.

That's all I got on my flickr for now, I'll upload some stuff tomorrow from my desktop and post them as well. I will also post more pictures from the future on this thread as i go along. ENJOY!! CC is welcomed. thanks.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

sweet shots man! yeah i've only had my dslr for a little over a year and i've learned so much from it. it's an awesome (and expensive) hobby haha. oh and you're not alone on the somewhat colorblind thing, i'm exactly the same way..and so with some of my cousins lol. check out my flickr page too! its in my sig =)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    One of the things I miss about Chicago...is your downtown and just walking down Michigan Ave.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Great shots!!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Nice pics jigz. What are you using for conversion of the .raw files, Photomatix? PS?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks for the kind words everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Nice pics jigz. What are you using for conversion of the .raw files, Photomatix? PS?
    I just used the plug-in for Photoshop Elements 6.0

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

The quality of those pics are great man! You said you have the Rebel xsi camera? I was thinkin about buyin that camera and its a Canon brand if im not mistaken. How is that camera?

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

i like it but a Full frame would be nice. I'm a beginner though so the XSi is great for someone who is just starting. Full fram cameras like the Canon xxD series would be a little overwhelming for someone whos only been taking pictures for less than a year IMO. i wish I would've gotten the t1i though. would be nice to do a little bit of video.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    i like it but a Full frame would be nice. I'm a beginner though so the XSi is great for someone who is just starting. Full fram cameras like the Canon xxD series would be a little overwhelming for someone whos only been taking pictures for less than a year IMO. i wish I would've gotten the t1i though. would be nice to do a little bit of video.
    Thanks man, I also consider myself a beginner in photography so it sounds like the perfect camera for me to start off with. Once again nice pics

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I love Photoshop, you would be surprise the shit you can do with photoshop....vary nice photos. You should also do stop motion photos and blur out background shots in the City. Keep it up Im vary interested since Im half of a photographer mostly I am a Graphic Designer.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Nice shots. What mode were you shooting in? For one of the indoor, you were at f8.0 and ISO 1600. You could have shot at a lower aperture, probably f4 or 4.5, high shutter speed 1/100-250, and maybe even ISO800. Don't be afraid to lower the aperture.

For the last group picture, f8 or higher is good in order to get everyone sharp in focus.

I think I am going to make a trip to Chitown this summer :)

Oh and the xxD(10d-50d/7d) and xxxD(rebel) are both crop 1.6x sensors. the xD(5d/1d) are full frame or 1.3x full frame.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    Nice shots. What mode were you shooting in? For one of the indoor, you were at f8.0 and ISO 1600. You could have shot at a lower aperture, probably f4 or 4.5, high shutter speed 1/100-250, and maybe even ISO800. Don't be afraid to lower the aperture.

For the last group picture, f8 or higher is good in order to get everyone sharp in focus.

I think I am going to make a trip to Chitown this summer :)

Oh and the xxD(10d-50d/7d) and xxxD(rebel) are both crop 1.6x sensors. the xD(5d/1d) are full frame or 1.3x full frame.
    Thanks Seth. I always shoot in manual and Manual only. As far as aperture goes, the lighting in the room was piss poor. If I had the aperture anything lower than where I was the shutter was super slow and I didnt have a tripod. imma have to try f8 for the next group shot.

I didnt know the 10D-50D/7D werent full frame cameras. Learn something everyday huh. lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Those look really good

Pics look good. Do what seth did, get some more light in there and you wont need that high of an iso. Also shots look a lil dark maybe bump expsure up a lil. Overall they look good.

those photos actually turned out pretty good for a beginner. i'm a novice myself and started learning photography about six months ago. good job man!

i suggest try exploring different modes in your XSi.
    Last edited by galantegz; 01-11-2010 at 01:09 PM

Quote Originally Posted by galantegz View Post
    those photos actually turned out pretty good for a beginner. i'm a novice myself and started learning photography about six months ago. good job man!

i suggest try exploring different modes in your XSi. i used to own an XTi for my starter kit but decided to buy a Nikon.

Here's my contribution since the title of this thread is "MY PHOTOGRAPHY".

Enjoy!

Nice pics, but talk about threadjack! lol.

Since I started with a Canon. Nikons confuse me, the exposure meter goes the other way! lol.

Not really my intention to twist it around or "hijacking" the thread itself. I really do like the result of your photos but I was hoping you could pick up some styles/ideas from my contribution. Nevermind then.

Quote Originally Posted by galantegz View Post
    Not really my intention to twist it around or "hijacking" the thread itself. I really do like the result of your photos but I was hoping you could pick up some styles/ideas from my contribution. Nevermind then.
    Nah man, I didnt mean anything by it, just playin around. lol. Why did you remove your pics? lol.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    galantegz: feel free to post some pics in this thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...highlight=dslr

Jigz: In manual mode, you can set the aperture at whatever you want and it won't affect the shutter speed. A lower aperture would have given you more light and you could have used a shorter shutter speed.
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT View Post
    galantegz: feel free to post some pics in this thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...highlight=dslr

Jigz: In manual mode, you can set the aperture at whatever you want and it won't affect the shutter speed. A lower aperture would have given you more light and you could have used a shorter shutter speed.
    hmmm... Ima have to try that. I had the aperture at 4.5 and the pics came out all blurry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast