The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine Swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Ok your going to have to come up with a rwd system for the car or modify a skyline trans and transfer case to fit into the galant to make it awd, your going to have to have a custom firewall made so the rb26 can fit under the hood, custom mounts, custom drive shaft, you are going to have to figure out how to make the skyline computer work in the galant (tons of wiring) you will have to come up with a lot of shit it could be done with enough thought and enough cash, if you are willing to actually try it i will be here to help you out and give you my best thoughts but i hope you know this will be a long process in doing it and will take a few years to finish once started.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

since you are in the military, try to get orders in japan and bring home an R34. in hawaii you can shipped a car in a space available basis in mainland every month.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

Well I am really thinking about this and studying up right now and if i make the final decision to try to do this swap I will surely be coming to u for advice and insight.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says "im possible"

Anyone have information about or know of anyone installing the 3.8L 6G75 from 9th Gen Galant (2004–present Mitsubishi Galant) or (2006–present Mitsubishi Eclipse ,MIVEC Engine)
    into the 8th Gen?

Thanks SPD_FRK. Just searching out any additional members / people who may have done swap.

3.8L 6G75 Swap Discussion
    http://www.galanttuners.com/viewtopi...&t=572&start=0
    Last edited by GSpeed; 02-09-2010 at 11:57 AM

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GSpeed View Post
    Anyone have information about or know of anyone installing the 3.8L 6G75 from 9th Gen Galant (2004–present Mitsubishi Galant) or (2006–present Mitsubishi Eclipse ,MIVEC Engine)
    into the 8th Gen?
    Click the "Project BlackHeart" link in my sig

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Dude if I were you I would buy another car like a used evo or a 240. Thats a lot of cash.

4g64T 5spd

or you can get a crashed car at www.copart.com or you can order motors and trannys from jdmenginedepot.com they are legit they are like 10 min from my house.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    nope you wanna swap in an rb26 you buy a 510
    x10 ! I love the look of the old 510's just not in Michigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12