The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant Glxi to WanaBe Vr4, now and past

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Galant Glxi to WanaBe Vr4, now and past

Mitsubishi Galant Glxi - 1997
    2000cc 5speed manual
    198 000km
    FWD

Just a little history thread of my Galant, from stock to now.

When I bought it.

Avanti Racing Mags, only 14s came with it.

All sanded down new parts put on etc.

Day after repaint, still looking a bit well "uncool" haha

Then I decided to tint my tail lights, didnt go down well with the cops haha. They just haterz.

tinted the front indicators, also didnt go down well with the cops, yes i know its illegal but hey I wanted to see what they'd do...

MORE TO COME!

Last edited by TheOnly1ever; 01-13-2010 at 02:17 AM

Not a bad transformation. It looks good, keep it up

Success is achieved through dedication and personal sacrifice. Eye for an Eye_Tooth for Tooth_Blood for Blood.

Experienced TGC Member

Does this mean we're twins?

TGC Regular
    Looking good man, though with the prices of VR-4's here, why not just buy one ?
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    I really like it, keep up the good work

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Nice ,guys. I just saw a set of your fogs on ebay for pretty cheap...I think it was like 45 bucks when I last looked at it yesterday.

Thanks guys, I'm not done yet, what looks concern. The biggest plan is to put a 4g63T in it. I'm always on the look out for one... but yeah won't be a while, but with a turbo fwd I think this thing would have potential goes good already with the single cam 4g63 atm.

Why not buy a vr4... good question I must say they are pretty rare in NZ most of them are abused and in general I don't like the v6 2ltr twin turbo that comes with them, I love the 4G63 evo motors. The fog lamps are now tinted etc... I will update soon once I've made a few changes :) mags getting powder coated as we speak and new shoes put on.

Nice! I like the progress , since i stopped posting so often i see that customizing 7G thread dried out a little hehe. I like drop and rims , keep it up!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOnly1ever View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm not done yet, what looks concern. The biggest plan is to put a 4g63T in it. I'm always on the look out for one... but yeah won't be a while, but with a turbo fwd I think this thing would have potential goes good already with the single cam 4g63 atm.

Why not buy a vr4... good question I must say they are pretty rare in NZ most of them are abused and in general I don't like the v6 2ltr twin turbo that comes with them, I love the 4G63 evo motors. The fog lamps are now tinted etc... I will update soon once I've made a few changes :) mags getting powder coated as we speak and new shoes put on.
    Rare ?

No they aren't, there's always like 20 or so of them up on trade me and heaps of good ones :)

I live in NZ too :P

Also, I can see your point of wanting to put the 4G63 into it, but I prefer the V6 sound and torque. There is another NZ'er who has put the 4G63T into a VR-4 7G, his build thread is on here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Rare ?

No they aren't, there's always like 20 or so of them up on trade me and heaps of good ones :)

I live in NZ too :P

Also, I can see your point of wanting to put the 4G63 into it, but I prefer the V6 sound and torque. There is another NZ'er who has put the 4G63T into a VR-4 7G, his build thread is on here as well.
    Real? I can hardly find any decent once? I find like 3 tops haha or then they cost like 10k plus... but hey let's be honest I just don't have the money for it. :) just a 20 year old student.

TGC Regular
    For a 7g ?

That's a bit on the expensive side... you can pick up an 8g for about 6-7k that is in pretty good condition.
    I usually can't go 2 days with out seeing at least 5-6 7g VR-4's and 10 or so 8g VR-4's round here lol.