The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: K-Sport Pro Damper ($884.00)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    hhp8008

K-Sport Pro Damper ($884.00 now $806.00)

While my endless search for a good price on AGX shocks continues lol. I stumbled upon probably one of the most reasonably priced coilover system for only $884.00 (not including shipping) http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?...cat=344&page=1.... brand new that is lol

This may or may not help some of you on the dilemma of choosing a full coilover for a fair price

Financially, I'm set on buying KYB AGX shocks ($428 cheapest I found) with eibach springs ($217). But compared to the K-Sports it's only a matter of saving an extra $239.00....And the $150 to $200 for install & alignment I can't forget that lol. Regardless this is still an amazing find that I'm considering for a suspension upgrade.

Last edited by hhp8008; 01-21-2010 at 05:59 PM

TGC Regular
    Bruh save your money and get coilover, you won't regret it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Dont dink around with springs and shocks. Those coilovers are a great choice and not a bad price either. I bought a set of GT Pro's for mine and the install is a piece of cake so you could easily do it yourself and save money there too

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

when you add them to your cart, they are also giving a ~60 discount
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

You can find someone on here to install them for you too then 60 dollar alignment its same price as springs basically then.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Do it you wont regret, and for the install I bet you can do it, maybe with the lowering springs install tutorial for reference, you just need to replace the whole strut/shock spring assembly (correct me if im wrong).

4g64T 5spd

its easier to install coilovers than it is to install spring + struts since you wont have to dis-assemble anything. that said, for the sake of my gf's back, I would say springs provide the more comfortable ride.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    its easier to install coilovers than it is to install spring + struts since you wont have to dis-assemble anything. that said, for the sake of my gf's back, I would say springs provide the more comfortable ride.
    Ditto...you don't have to compress springs either.

hhp8008
    Man that sure was fast lol I have read & looked over all of your comments twice. And am defiantly considering all of your preferences on both set-up's.

My ride is a daily driver, and the AGX/spring set-up is kinda where I'm leaning more toward. But I'll see how long I can wait to save up. I remember someone told me, "good things happen to those who wait" so that may be enough to hold me over :P idk we'll see LoL.

Regardless of which one I choose, I wanted to thank remarque, SPD_FRK, nycking23, 03-Galant-ES, OMEGA PHX, qnz, and krow for all of your fast responses to making a more informed decision.

Experienced TGC Member
    I would go with the coilovers for sure, my first setup was agx's and megans and now i have the megan coilovers and im loving them. Save up a lil more and pick those up. ;)
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

ksports

i have the same setup. i went from kyb agx with teins to these. full coilover setup is way better. like everyone said, go with these and dont waste your time with springs and shocks.
    **the only negative i have to this is: for the fronts, there isnt a place to attach the brake line bracket, so i had to carefully ziptie them close enough so you would have some play when you turn**

you should do rear disc conversion while your at it, its easy too.

hhp8008
    Thanks WhiteGalant for your response, from your experience you do make a good point might as well save up for full coilovers. If you don't mind me asking, but about how long did the AGX/spring set-up last for you?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I would go with the coilovers for sure, my first setup was agx's and megans and now i have the megan coilovers and im loving them. Save up a lil more and pick those up. ;)

hhp8008
    aznlverboy what kind of rear disc conversion are you referring to? Is it from a 3g or Evo?

you should do rear disc conversion while your at it, its easy too.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by hhp8008; 01-12-2010 at 10:25 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    I had my agx setup from summer of 08 up until this winter and they were still holding up great. Same good ride, and they handled very well, I just love the adjustability of the coilovers.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by hhp8008 View Post
    aznlverboy what kind of rear disc conversion are you referring to? Is it from a 3g or Evo?

you should do rear disc conversion while your at it, its easy too.
    [/QUOTE]

He is referring to the V6 Galant/Eclipse/Sonata brakes. The I4s came with rear drums not sure if you have I4 or not, he assumed you did.

I have teins and gr2s on my car with front upper strut tower bar and I love the handling. For a daily I would say it is firm enough, but I would prefer to have coilovers.

hhp8008
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I had my agx setup from summer of 08 up until this winter and they were still holding up great. Same good ride, and they handled very well, I just love the adjustability of the coilovers.
    Thats almost 2 years and it was still holding up thats pretty good.

I feel ya, the benefits of fully adjustable coilovers is defiantly a plus.
    Last edited by hhp8008; 01-12-2010 at 11:51 PM

hhp8008
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    He is referring to the V6 Galant/Eclipse/Sonata brakes. The I4s came with rear drums not sure if you have I4 or not, he assumed you did.

I have teins and gr2s on my car with front upper strut tower bar and I love the handling. For a daily I would say it is firm enough, but I would prefer to have coilovers.

Thanks for the quick answer 03-Galant-ES. Oh I have a V6, so he assumed I had a I4 to tell you the truth I didn't even know I4's came with drums lol. Well learned something new

Thats actually a popular set-up, and it gives it that level look with teins which is slick.
    Last edited by hhp8008; 01-12-2010 at 11:55 PM

blue8g
    i have tein/gr2's that i'll be getting rid of this spring.......

hhp8008
    Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    i have tein/gr2's that i'll be getting rid of this spring.......
    Oh no I'm good bro, I'm actually still in the process of saving up for AGX/spring set-up or K-sport coilovers. But thanks if that was an offer

hhp8008
    Same thing (so it appears to me) but from another website saving $79.00 from the previous website I posted.

http://www.elementmotorsport.com/pro...02-KP&cat=1173

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast