The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Question about Tein Basic Coil-Overs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 24 of 24
    yes, that's one thing about slamming, when i had my aftermarket exhaust in the stock location (pre-kit), i beveled the crap out of my exhaust tip (like half of it was scraped off) and even scraped the bottom of the muffler (both were THERMAL R&D on custom catback). i now don't have that problem at the same ride height since my new exhaust is actually higher than stock exhaust was; my mufflers are mounted higher and are smaller, and the bottom of my tips are basically flush to where the bottom of the OE bumper would sit. if you are thinking of slamming your car it is imperative that you keep the piping over the rear cross member because this is the lowest part of the rear of our cars and if anying is going to touch down in the rear, it will be that or the tips.

comparo:

old exhaust configuration.

new exhaust configuration. notice that no part of the new exhaust is lower than the rear crossmember.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i still have .5"-1" of threads on my perch collars before i get to the bottom... my car is tucking tire tops about 2.5"-2.75" lower than stock.

think about the difference in the way the ride height is adjusted between the SS-P that i have and the MEGAN coilovers. to lower on the MEGANS, you rotate the entire damper which is threaded into the bottom mount. as it goes lower mount moves up on the threads. on the SS-P's you lower the spring perch, the lower mount is part of the damper, but the lowest you can go is the end of the threads. of course if you compress the spring (increase preload) on the MEGANs, you can gain some more threads to go lower, but you sacrifice ride quality. on the TEIN's, the lower you go actually unloads the springs (this is why it is much easier to turn the perches when you lower than when you raise).
    dude is touching himself while looking at your car...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_ODell View Post
    dude is touching himself while looking at your car...hahaha
    lmao didn't even notice till now

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    thanks for the info guys. this is very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12