The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: More horses!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

More horses!!!

Ok. Ive asked once or twice before. Whats a good way to get some more rubber to the ground from my 8G? All ive heard is Turbo. So ive saved some money for a kit but i wanna do a few other things for now instead. So i want some power without swapn a motor or turbo. im pretty much lookn for one or 2 things with a significant power gain.
    P.S my G. is run'n again. it was starter lol.

There are not much gains from just exhaust,intake or header, so your only choice for more power is turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    Ok. Ive asked once or twice before.
    Im sorry, but why are you asking it again?

This question has been answered so many times get off your ass and search.

Bolt ons wont get yo a lot of power the most gains are from turbos and 5spd swaps. The manal tranny is more efficient at using power. And a dohc swap will open up more possibilities for you to put down more horses later.

im pretty much lookn for one or 2 things with a significant power gain.
    There are no such things, except for nitrous. And even at that, it won't be significant.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    If you are serious about getting more performance from the 8g then you need to keep saving your money and focus on what you want to do, either turbo or naturally aspirated.

5spd swap will give you some more performance only because the stock automatice transmission is robbing about 15-20hp to the wheels, its a small gain but worthy of the time and money invested. The other reason is if you start build more power from naturally aspirated or turbo build, that stock automatic transmission will likely not hold up, or cause you more money in repairs down the road.

Naturally aspirated builds will still run you an easy $1000+ due to the need for the forged pistons, gaskets, and depending on compression ratio, ARP studs.

A turbo build is going to run upwards of $2000+ depending on the turbo, fuel system requirements, low compression pistons, gaskets, and so on...

Performance ain't cheap, save your money and build it right or burn your money.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    If you are serious about getting more performance from the 8g then you need to keep saving your money and focus on what you want to do, either turbo or naturally aspirated.

5spd swap will give you some more performance only because the stock automatice transmission is robbing about 15-20hp to the wheels, its a small gain but worthy of the time and money invested. The other reason is if you start build more power from naturally aspirated or turbo build, that stock automatic transmission will likely not hold up, or cause you more money in repairs down the road.

Naturally aspirated builds will still run you an easy $1000+ due to the need for the forged pistons, gaskets, and depending on compression ratio, ARP studs.

A turbo build is going to run upwards of $2000+ depending on the turbo, fuel system requirements, low compression pistons, gaskets, and so on...

Performance ain't cheap, save your money and build it right or burn your money.
    I will say one thing against your NA build price quote. For some real horses on an NA it will cost more like 5000 to put similar power down of a low pressure turbo on an un modded engine.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I will say one thing against your NA build price quote. For some real horses on an NA it will cost more like 5000 to put similar power down of a low pressure turbo on an un modded engine.
    Comparing boost to N/a is like comparing apples and oranges...that is why going forced induction has, and always will be the best "bang for your buck" way to build power...well short of hooking up a bottle of Nitrous and blowing crap up LOL.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Comparing boost to N/a is like comparing apples and oranges...that is why going forced induction has, and always will be the best "bang for your buck" way to build power...well short of hooking up a bottle of Nitrous and blowing crap up LOL.
    True I was just reinforcing your bang for your buck arguement

TGC Regular
    Pontiac G8 GT

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    ^^^ lol i was going to say get another car

just steal them blue shytz yo

Experienced TGC Member Galantfan88's Avatar
    Making real HP cost money, so please dont try to be cheap. Do some research and look around TGC...there are so many information you can get off of here.

Read what SPD_FRK said and try to understand.

Evo 8 ECU / 5 Speed Swap / Fully Built Forged Motor
    Turbonetics Turbo T31 Stage 3 / RPW Stage 3 Camshaft

Alright..of course ive looked around. So one thing ive wondered but kno one has mentioned is boring the motor out a lil bit. Would this be bad or good..or maybe in between?

Alright..of course ive looked around. So one thing ive wondered but kno one has mentioned is boring the motor out a lil bit. Would this be bad or good..or maybe in between?
    If I where you I would first sit down and figure out exactly what you are trying to do and what hp goals you are looking for. Seems like you are going all over the place with turbo to N/A applications without really deciding how much you want to spend or even what route you want to go...

Step 1 - Figure out your goals.
    Step 2 - Figure out your budget.
    Step 3 - What route (turbo,N/A,nitrous,etc.)you want to do based off of your goal and budget.

Until you figure that out you are going to be asking alot of useless questions and frustrating alot of people here because of it. Do your research and look around at other users build threads would be where I would start... good luck with your build...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Lookn for HP from 220-280, Budget is around 1800...maybe higher if its a must. i am lookn for more bang for the buck tho. i can already see goin turbo, but alot of people make it seem so complicated when the start breaking down the ECU's an C.R's

Lookn for HP from 220-280, Budget is around 1800...maybe higher if its a must. i am lookn for more bang for the buck tho. i can already see goin turbo, but alot of people make it seem so complicated when the start breaking down the ECU's an C.R's
    take that 1800 put it in the bank save up a bit more and start getting turbo parts after you research you probably wont be at 220-280, but it will be your best start.

Quote Originally Posted by remarque View Post
    Pontiac G8 GT
    Those are nice and look mean. I've seen a couple in traffic and there isn't one thing about em I don't like. They run low 13's bone stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    take that 1800 put it in the bank save up a bit more and start getting turbo parts after you research you probably wont be at 220-280, but it will be your best start.
    I know of one Galant that accomplished that goal just to prove you can and can do it on a budget. $500 and was one of the first boosted 4G64's... don't believe me... go ask Underated4G64 and how much his first build was and how much hp he was able to get out of it...

shut this thread down this was discussed so many times before we are just wasting time
    noobs should search
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

It is complicated for a reason... because it is... that is why we tell you n00bs who start out asking all kinds of questions if they have even done there research because it isn't something you just jump into and expect all of us to help you out and give you the answers... alot of things to consider when you start talking about turbo...

Here start of by reading this...
    Maximum_boost.pdf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast