The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual tranny, EVO ECU setup w/boomslang harness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 83
    Experienced TGC Member
    How come I saw drew say the evo is a 2 row and we have a 3 row?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

well mko has a 7g, where the TCU is seperate from the ECU.

IIRC, the Evo and eclipse M/t ECU has 2 rows and are pinned out 99% the same. the galant (all auto) and eclipse A/T ecus are 3 row.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    well mko has a 7g, where the TCU is seperate from the ECU.

IIRC, the Evo and eclipse M/t ECU has 2 rows and are pinned out 99% the same. the galant (all auto) and eclipse A/T ecus are 3 row.
    thanks qnz, that's what i meant.

I checked the Boomslang website and the closest thing I saw was an extension harness for the evo 8, not a conversion harness. With that said, I assume it's a custom harness so i'll call them up tomorrow and see if they can make me a conversion harness. Might be another few hundred. :(

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok here is the kicker though. How are you guys wiring up on the stock Galant Ecu after the manual swap? Aren't we already bypassing the Ecu to think it has an A/T in it? We can still use the A/T Ecu in the 01+ Galant and just reflash that without having to worry about this M/T Ecu stuff from mixing into all of this.

Keeping the G's A/T Ecu in tact, wiring all the same, and doing a reflash eliminates the need to do any boomslang or other harness configurations...which also saves money from being spent where its not needed.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Ding ding...

http://www.club3g.com/forum/gt-gts/1...ml#post2771936

Yup, still just using EcuFlash. So far its workin pretty good.

www.blackheartmotors.net

but i'm going turbo and i'm manual. even if you swap the roms over to the Galant ecu, it won't read over 100%. For now, that's ok, but when i go turbo, it's a problem. I already spent the money on the harness and evo ecu. I'm planning on using the evo ecu for those maps; they're already built in. my problem is would it be the right harness. I don't wanna mess with the Galant ecu cuz i'll use that as backup in case something goes wrong.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    but i'm going turbo and i'm manual. even if you swap the roms over to the Galant ecu, it won't read over 100%. For now, that's ok, but when i go turbo, it's a problem. I already spent the money on the harness and evo ecu. I'm planning on using the evo ecu for those maps; they're already built in. my problem is would it be the right harness. I don't wanna mess with the Galant ecu cuz i'll use that as backup in case something goes wrong.
    Yes, you are going Turbo which is still forced induction like the SDS is, and follows similar parameters which many folks on C3g can help, or even assist you in tuning for the turbo.

Whether you are manual or not, the stock ECU is still seeing an A/T Transmission in the car due to the "hack" on the wiring when you just do the Manual swap in our cars. So switching to a manual Ecu is not really needed even.

The Maps set in the Evo ECU can be read and added to your Ecu when you Flash it, just have to change the OEM parameters on the G's Ecu to correspond the Evo, but again we would need to figure out the MAP sensor and boost reading from that. I believe Dragon34x has figured that out since he is able to tune with his boost (sucessfully none the less even). I will hit him up for more details on what Ecu he is using, but I am almost certain he has retained use of the OEM 3g's Ecu.

www.blackheartmotors.net

i dunno. Roman's had his evo ecu in his car for years, so has Aaron and Brian.

i was gonna PM him but i might reply on his thread. i'm curious as well. Might look into it a bit more.

Experienced TGC Member
    i dunno. Roman's had his evo ecu in his car for years, so has Aaron and Brian.
    Yea a lot of people have been running the Evo ECUs on this and other platforms. The Ecu flash stuff has started being picked up on more now because more people are finding its a viable tuning option. It has been picked up on since 2006, but nothing really put into the works for about a year maybe on Club3g...but now its becoming the "hot" item vs what has bee used previously.

Its just something a lot of the Galant community hasn't picked up from yet it seems, and I just wanted to let you and others who read this that there are alternative options for people with 01+ 8Gs, even some of the 00 Ecus can be flashed depending on the processor inside, but this is definitely something we all have to look into a lot more since it is being used very well by numerous others to date.

I am actually doing an 01 ECU swap into my 99 just so I can tune via EcuFlash and log from Evoscan on my build (which is a TT build...not N/A).

i was gonna PM him but i might reply on his thread. i'm curious as well. Might look into it a bit more.
    Definitely hit him up on it man, those guys are deep into the EcuFlash stuff over there.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    So its possible to load the evo maps onto the 01+ a/t ecu? Now I just went out and bought a net book and gonna get a 2.0 tactrix cable so I can hook it up and take a look at things. Couldent i just disable the processes that check the system aka for the trans codes its throwing?
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    So its possible to load the evo maps onto the 01+ a/t ecu? Now I just went out and bought a net book and gonna get a 2.0 tactrix cable so I can hook it up and take a look at things. Couldent i just disable the processes that check the system aka for the trans codes its throwing?
    I haven't looked at the Evo maps very much honestly, so i cant say for 100% certainty tht you can just load the entire Evo map. It would be good to take a look at some of the key things on the Evo map that are different than the OEM map on the G, such as timing and fuel portions, but keep in mind these are preset for the boost levels of the Evo from the factory.

Once you get the cable pick up the EcuFlash stuff from OpenEcu.org, purchase the EvoScan ($25), or download the free MitsuLogger software and do some logging of the stock maps. You can easily alter the OEM maps/parameters per your build, just loading an Evo map will require some alterations for us as well I would imagine.

I am unsure if you can diasble those parameter in the Ecu, but then again I am not sure what codes are being thrown on the 5spd swapped 01+ 8gs either.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Sorry if I'm repeating information cuz I only read most of the first page

from what I remember reading that the eclipse guys load up the Evo rom into their ecu for better fuel maps or something along that line which is what our stock ecu is limited cuz we have the automatic and not manual trannies in our cars

I remember flashbluers was doing all this ecuflash stuff for a small fee but I think he stopped but u can double check

So either using evo ecu or eclipse ecu and no need for our stock ecu. Conversion harness is an easy route (how much are those anyway ??) or you can de-pin yours and re-pin it to the eclipse ecu or cut and solder them in. Maybe it's more time consuming but saves you money :-)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    I am actually doing an 01 ECU swap into my 99 just so I can tune via EcuFlash and log from Evoscan
    this is what I wanted to do but I don't want to get a code b/c of the 5 speed. Still need to pass emissions

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    this is what I wanted to do but I don't want to get a code b/c of the 5 speed. Still need to pass emissions
    Just keep a watch on the build thread...I have to do the same thing.

www.blackheartmotors.net

i'll contact some of the guys on club3G later tonight about the flashing of ROMs to their ECUs. Still researching the situation in the meantime.

Hey run1206, so do you know what codes you are throwing on the 2002 ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Hey run1206, so do you know what codes you are throwing on the 2002 ECU?
    the usual 5 codes

4 for the four shift solenoids (the four gears that were in the automatic)
    1 for the torque converter solenoid

actually shoot I think we need to know the codes that the 01 ECUs are throwing
    thanks though

wouldn't they throw the same if it's from auto to manual? :?
    and the 01s can go to the 2000 ECU (i think, don't remember what Roman said about the 01 ecus for the swap)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast