The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Manual tranny, EVO ECU setup w/boomslang harness

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 83
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    wouldn't they throw the same if it's from auto to manual? :?
    and the 01s can go to the 2000 ECU (i think, don't remember what Roman said about the 01 ecus for the swap)
    not sure if they throw the same codes or not
    but the whole point of my post (and SPD_FRK I think) is because we can't flash/tune our 99 ECUs, so we are looking for another option besides a stand alone that won't throw any codes with the 5 speed swap

from GOOSEY's thread:

COMPATIBILITY
    1999-2000: NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT, NO PROBLEM
    unless you're throwing other codes non-related to the tranny swap.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by run1206 View Post
    wouldn't they throw the same if it's from auto to manual? :?
    and the 01s can go to the 2000 ECU (i think, don't remember what Roman said about the 01 ecus for the swap)
    If everything is wired up correctly on a manual ECU it may not throw any codes, but that would require a deeper look into the Manul ECU wiring and comparing to our A/t ECU wiring to see if its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    not sure if they throw the same codes or not
    but the whole point of my post (and SPD_FRK I think) is because we can't flash/tune our 99 ECUs, so we are looking for another option besides a stand alone that won't throw any codes with the 5 speed swap
    Correct, 99-00 (with an exception to certain 00 ECUs), we cannot flash or tune unless we use an Emanage or similar piggyback/standalone system. The possibility of doing the 00 ECU swap, and flashable, while removing codes from being thrown is there, but it is a hit/miss unlss you get the specific processor that is used on the 01+ ECUs...which can make it difficult to buy an ECU online.

This is why we need to know what code specifically is being thrown for the 01+ 5 Spd swapped Gs so we can see if the parameter in the ECU can be altered/disabled, or a bypass put in place.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    I can get the exact codes in a few minutes, lemme finish eating and ill go out and hook up my scanner.
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    I can get the exact codes in a few minutes, lemme finish eating and ill go out and hook up my scanner.
    You better share some of that Steak with the rest of us boyeeeeeee!

I will dig up the info on the 00 ECUs as well so people know what exactly to look for.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    You better share some of that Steak with the rest of us boyeeeeeee!

I will dig up the info on the 00 ECUs as well so people know what exactly to look for.
    Haha! Steak?!? I fuckin wish... Mini microwave tacos... LOL
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    p0753 Shift Solenoid A
    p0758 " " B
    p0763 " " C
    p0768 " " D
    p0743 Torque Converter

TaDa!

Time to go poo now LOL

Experienced TGC Member
    p0753 Shift Solenoid A
    p0758 " " B
    p0763 " " C
    p0768 " " D
    p0743 Torque Converter

TaDa!

Time to go poo now LOL
    Thats good information, and too much lol.

So from those codes it is still searching for the individual shift solenoids, and the converter one throws me off...not sure what its looking for on that. Is there a sensor I am missing for the TC?

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    I have no clue, guess ill have to take a look at the fsm and see if there is a sensor for the TC.

Experienced TGC Member
    I believe I found the solenoid information in the FSM. These are a part of the Valve Body like I assumed, and I found the one I believe is connected to the TC code;

2. UNDERDRIVE SOLENOID VALVE
    3. SECOND SOLENOID VALVE
    4. TORQUE CONVERTER CLUTCH CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE
    5. OVERDRIVE SOLENOID VALVE
    6. LOW-REVERSE SOLENOID

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    So... how do i fix it lolol

Experienced TGC Member
    No idea yet, still sifting through the FSM. The harness we would have to focus on for those codes though is the Valve Solenoid Harness for sure, but trying to figure out for sure if the TC solenoid is on that harness as well or not. I may have to just pull the VB out of my A/T and see. There has to be something additional on the 01+ ECU though that is being overlooked/missed to cause these codes to pull up considering the same transmission has been used through all the years, unless they changed up the VB solenoids or something.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    So... how do i fix it lolol
    What year G do you have? Still got your A/t sitting around?

The FSM specs on the Solenoid valves are pretty general, no specification or year variations and each solenoid shoud read 2.7 − 3.4 Ω between the two terminals. This makes me wonder if a simple resistor pack or something similar would work to give the ECU that specific range of feedback if we spliced it into the harness...hmmmmm

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Its an 03

Yea I still got the trans sitting out in my driveway. What U said about the resistor pack, goosey tried that and everything was good until he would put the last resistor in and it would smoke it. i think a resistor fix is out of the question.

Experienced TGC Member
    Throw some ideas at me ill give anything a shot lol. Oh yea I also need to figure out the wiring for the speedo.

Experienced TGC Member
    Its an 03

Yea I still got the trans sitting out in my driveway. What U said about the resistor pack, goosey tried that and everything was good until he would put the last resistor in and it would smoke it. i think a resistor fix is out of the question.
    Any idea if the information is posted somehwere? Id be interested to see what resistor it was that fried, or how he wired them in as well.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Ill see if I can find it hold on...

Edit: Here take a look at this...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ht=manual+swap
    Last edited by WhiteGalant; 01-15-2010 at 10:04 PM

Experienced TGC Member
    Cool, I posted in there to get some specifics on the 5th one that kept giving issues. To me I assume its the TC solenoid giving some negative feedback and causing the problem if the other 4 (which are just shift solenoids anyways) worked fine.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    I was thinking of pulling the plugs out of the auto trans so that I could use them to link the reverse solenoid wires as well as pins 9+10 for ignition. I guess at the same time maybe do a little picking at it lol.

run why are you worrying about shift solenoids?? From what i read you are running dual ecus?? worry about the evo ecu codes and remove the check engine line from the auto ecu.. If your going 5 speed.. ask boomslang to send you more pins and add the additional pins to the harness.. no need to buy a new harness.. you will just not use the stock side...
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 01-16-2010 at 12:41 AM
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast