The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Bumpers In Detail Explanation!..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 166
    Can someone please take a picture of those brackets?? its all I need to install the bumper

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^^ I cant help since I have an Old Style Bumper, sorry bro.

Off current topic, found some more pix of a Euro Spec 8G:

I really like this front end, I've never seen it with the lips on before...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by dmdvzla View Post
    Can someone please take a picture of those brackets?? its all I need to install the bumper
    I never used those brackets, the fogs on my bumper stay on firm with the clip and screw.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    I never used those brackets, the fogs on my bumper stay on firm with the clip and screw.
    yeah those are not needed it attaches to the body of the car hence that nut you see on the flat end but out USDM do not have a place to hook it up. But as stated you don't need it because on the fog there is a tab that you put a bolt through to hold with the tab on the jdm bumper that will hold it in place as well as the bendy clip on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    those euro specs look baller!
    AGREED!!! Funny thing their wheel gap is just as big in back, as it is in front contrary to USDM.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

The thing is my fogs only came with one screw on each. The screw goes in a little tab the bumper has on the back.....but NO CLIP. Just with the screw it doesn't sit tight against the bumper...it actually has play and I know thats not supposed to be like that...it could easily fall or get stolen

Do you guys have a picture from the back of your bumpers?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    those euro specs look baller!
    u guys keep calling this EURO spec. they had this JDM first. it is the VRG update/facelift version bumper. almost every model has the 2 versions just like USDM '99-'01 vs '02-'03. this just happens to be the update version for the VRG, not exclusively EURO.

japan:

JDM 1999 Mitsubishi Galant 1.8 VR-G

with optional aero pieces (chin pieces, skirts, rear lip):

since this was all available in japan, TRIGGERMAUVE may be able to get them although i don't know if anyone has gotten them stateside yet.

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    ^ I've shown this to a few of my friends..
    They all said that it sort of makes the Galant look like a BMW. I'd say I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

I called it a Euro Spec bcz the car is from Germany, and besides those heads and grille are exclusive for Euro's anyway. I wasnt referring to the bumper, but the car as a whole.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I called it a Euro Spec bcz the car is from Germany, and besides those heads and grille are exclusive for Euro's anyway. I wasnt referring to the bumper, but the car as a whole.
    those heads are JDM/worldspec 2-piece heads w/ clear corner sections. the grill was not exclusive to europe either, it was also available in asia, south america, the middle east, the carribean, etc. just call it world spec if u have to. but technically it is the update/facelift VR-G bumper with optional factory aero parts; of course in other countries it was known by a bunch of other names like EXCEED, SUPER SALOON, etc. back when MITUSBISHI still made 8G galants, we used to go through all the country sites listed on the MITSUBISHI japan site to research parts.

basically remember that there are pretty much no EURO exclusive parts. all 8G galants were either made in the US or in JAPAN, so it's either USDM or JDM/worldspec. even CAPS confirms the part numbers cross reference from europe to japan. the only country that really went outside of the USDM v. JDM/worldspec box was TAIWAN... they have some exclusive 8G models like the JAZZ.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    hmmm I kind of see a precursor to the evo X in the second pic of the white G you posted Reelax

Ok well I was still referring to the car as Euro Spec because the car was from Europe. I wasnt trying to be Uber Technical about it, but I see ur point.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

So, no one has pictures from the back of the new style bumper with the foglights?

So, no one has pictures from the back of the new style bumper with the foglights?
    of course someone does, they just haven't read this thread yet. start a new one since this thread was to ID bumpers not to explain how to install fogs.

Are these the type of bumper covers that require you to remove the crash bar? Because the top part is noticeable thinner than USDM (by comparison). I like the VR4 better. Actually, the USDM bumper covers looks better (without license plate).

Ok well I was still referring to the car as Euro Spec because the car was from Europe. I wasnt trying to be Uber Technical about it, but I see ur point.
    i knew i saw this car before. it is owned by a member here named "DASSLER". he lives in BRUNEI. BRUNEI is in ASIA. this car is in ASIA not EUROPE, hence not EURO spec at all.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=17536

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i knew i saw this car before. it is owned by a member here named "DASSLER". he lives in BRUNEI. BRUNEI is in ASIA. this car is in ASIA not EUROPE, hence not EURO spec at all.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=17536
    Dude are seriously still on this? Get over it bro, its petty. When I found the pic originally I thought I saw that the car origin of this car was from Europe. Looks like it wasnt though, and Brunei is in Malaysia which borders Indonesia to be exact, its not on the continent of Europe/Asia. At any rate its over with, next topic.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Dude are seriously still on this? Get over it bro, its petty. When I found the pic originally I thought I saw that the car origin of this car was from Europe. Looks like it wasnt though, and Brunei is in Malaysia which borders Indonesia to be exact, its not on the continent of Europe/Asia. At any rate its over with, next topic.
    just stating facts, nothing more.

Sorry Guys, but my 8g is 100% JDM for asian market... btw will update you guys with the latest appearence of this car.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast