The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Bumpers In Detail Explanation!..

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 166
    you don't need those brackets there. just one bolt on the bottom and the top just put a washer and a lockring to hold it. if you want to use the brackets you need to add another metal strip and find a place to bolt it.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=2799274

A filipino's number one dream is to own a car before anything else. In the philippines, most private car owners consider their vehicles as an extension of their home but with one differrence: a home is where his wife cooks while a car is where his girlfriend builds a fire. Hmmm...

i went through all 5 pages and i saw one bumper that was simular but not the same. what bumper is this because its not what i ordered when i ordered it and i cant find its name
    it looks like the one danJ has but sorta different
    Last edited by jubeiaire; 08-22-2010 at 03:39 PM

it looks like a oldstyle vr4 front bumper with a licsence plate mount delete, with the super vr4 sides... where the heck did you get that? looks sexy! fiberglass? or urethane?

see
    Last edited by Galantman03; 08-22-2010 at 04:41 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    it looks like a oldstyle vr4 front bumper with a licsence plate mount delete, with the super vr4 sides... where the heck did you get that? looks sexy! fiberglass? or urethane?

see
    It appears after a long staring comparison you are correct

So i Hearby Introduce The Fiberglass VR4 Bumper with Molded Super VR4 Exstensions.

Here are some details.....
    1. It comes with all mounting holes pre Drilled
    2. It has the Mounting holes along the top edge for the bumper bar
    3. it has pre installed metal threaded inserts(if thats how you say it) for the fog light mounting screws
    4.The License plate mounts in the middle are also threaded metal
    5.It Came with the mesh Installed(for some that matters)
    6.It came primered and what appears to be painted

So heres how i got it. I worked at Dorrens and ordered it from work....I had ordered a VR4 bumper and this is what they sent. So im assuming either they sent me the upgraded Super VR4 bumper or They made the mold from a VR4 that had the Extensions installed and didnt realize they were add ons. I beleive i payed around 350w/shipping. and thats that

Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i went through all 5 pages and i saw one bumper that was simular but not the same. what bumper is this because its not what i ordered when i ordered it and i cant find its name
    it looks like the one danJ has but sorta different
    this is a VR-M bumper ?

Quote Originally Posted by 6g72lover View Post
    this is a VR-M bumper ?
    no

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    no
    so indeed it is correct? old style with add ons? molded? hmmm. i do know that last time someone got that bumper, but it didn't have the sides molded, it had massive gaps at the headights(where the jdm lights would take it up) but idk if that member had jdm style heads and it was a factory error on the bumper it self, or if he had usdm heads, and its that big of a gap... maybe the black primer just made it look bigger, idk.

It appears after a long staring comparison you are correct

So i Hearby Introduce The Fiberglass VR4 Bumper with Molded Super VR4 Exstensions.

So heres how i got it. I worked at Dorrens and ordered it from work....I had ordered a VR4 bumper and this is what they sent. So im assuming either they sent me the upgraded Super VR4 bumper or They made the mold from a VR4 that had the Extensions installed and didnt realize they were add ons. I beleive i payed around 350w/shipping. and thats that
    so who is this company? i mean who did they order it through?

im wondering the same thing because maybe ill order that bumper because it looks sexy.

ill have to go back and ask...i just said boss can you get me a new bumper for under 400 shipped and she said "ok...click click click tap click eneter...How about a VR4 ?" and i said "that will do boss that will do indeed" and paid up!!! ill check with her some time this week.

OMG. LOOK AT that. Yeah i looks like the old style vr4 with the add-ons. It looks nice. I just purchase a OEM JDM vr4 old style from bumper from one of the members here. The best part is not FIBERGLASS. :) Bro keep us posted with the name, website or number and price with shipment. Some members will be all over that. Remember you will have to trim the side and bottom of the crash bar to make it fit. Easy with the fiberglass when installing it.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 08-23-2010 at 12:36 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    OMG. LOOK AT that. Yeah i looks like the old style vr4 with the add-ons. It looks nice. I just purchase a OEM JDM vr4 old style from bumper from one of the members here. The best part is not FIBERGLASS. :) Bro keep us posted with the name, website or number and price with shipment. Some members will be all over that. Remember you will have to trim the side and bottom of the crash bar to make it fit. Easy with the fiberglass when installing it.

read again its fiberglass

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    read again its fiberglass
    Read Again...His JDM VR4 Bumper is Not Fiberglass

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Read Again...His JDM VR4 Bumper is Not Fiberglass

your right I mis-read the comment, but this bumper you mentioned is fiberglass so I thought he was talking about the one you pictured.

do you have any pictures of it installed?

i havent installed it its sitting in storage...ive been stockpiling parts to do everything at once...ROFLOL i even stockpiled a new 8G to use its frame.....

lol thats... well idk whether to call it awesome, or just plain insane! lol jk man

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wow how did I miss the updates in this thread? good find man, good find.

ill have to go back and ask...i just said boss can you get me a new bumper for under 400 shipped and she said "ok...click click click tap click eneter...How about a VR4 ?" and i said "that will do boss that will do indeed" and paid up!!! ill check with her some time this week.
    You ever find out who they ordered it through or any of the company info?

So mine its euro-spec then?

'99 SuperSaloon 110% Stock... Yet...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast