The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM Bumpers In Detail Explanation!..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Showing results 141 to 160 of 166
    Well here's a link for the tails:
    http://jdmautolights.com/mitsubishi-...60833d5b671046
    Which means you will need the trunk and we're not even sure if the trunk or bumper will fit without a problem

you can get those tails from jdmauto...

Edit: ^ beat me to it
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstop11 View Post
    I've been on Taiwan web sites and calling China all damn day trying to find out the name of those damn tail lamps on that 99 V6 Galant EXi. I've checked every phillipine site, Uk site, Japanese site, Indonesian, etc, etc trying to find out the name for those tail lamps in those pics. I'b going to get those lamps, that rear bumper, and that trunk if its the last thing I do. Lol!!!
    The outer shape doesn't seem that different from our Galants, nor the bottom. It's that curve along the inner section with the trunk that's noticably different.

Plus, you'd need some decent changes to the TDM bumper:

The chrome strip would obviously have to go, and there's no exhaust outlet.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Well here's a link for the tails:
    http://jdmautolights.com/mitsubishi-...60833d5b671046
    Which means you will need the trunk and we're not even sure if the trunk or bumper will fit without a problem
    Thanks. I can't believe I went through all of that and you had the answer. Lol!!! I feel like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhaze View Post
    you can get those tails from jdmauto...

Edit: ^ beat me to it
    Thanx Redhaze

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    The outer shape doesn't seem that different from our Galants, nor the bottom. It's that curve along the inner section with the trunk that's noticably different.

Thanx Skyforger. Yeah I was looking at the way the trunk was shaped too. Im sure I will have to modify my current bumper or try to find that actual rear bumper. I'd rather have that actual full back end though.

Thanx Skyforger. Yeah I was looking at the way the trunk was shaped too. Im sure I will have to modify my current bumper or try to find that actual rear bumper. I'd rather have that actual full back end though.
    I think the basic shape of the rear bumpers is the same (as far as lining up with the quarter panels and trunk bottom.) so the existing bumper looks like it would like up with the TDM tails. But then again...nobody has done this to a USDM 8G.

You'd definitely need a TDM trunk though. I love the garnish a lot better than either of the USDM, JDM and EDM variations, it's sleek.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I think the basic shape of the rear bumpers is the same (as far as lining up with the quarter panels and trunk bottom.) so the existing bumper looks like it would like up with the TDM tails. But then again...nobody has done this to a USDM 8G.

You'd definitely need a TDM trunk though. I love the garnish a lot better than either of the USDM, JDM and EDM variations, it's sleek.
    Yeah I came to the same conclusion on the bumper when I first took a look at the photo.

Start saving for the tails and trunk! Start a new trend, lol.

-Chris-

Start saving for the tails and trunk! Start a new trend, lol.
    I have the cash for the tails now. I'm not sure how much the trunk would be but Im sure it shouldnt be too expensive. Thanks for the assist though Sky.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I have the cash for the tails now. I'm not sure how much the trunk would be but Im sure it shouldnt be too expensive. Thanks for the assist though Sky.
    It was my idea first!!! LOL! Its gonna be dope though ;)
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Dump the exhaust like V8!

I do like the clean look of no exhaust outlets. Chrome strip looks good too, kinda VIP.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 03-06-2012 at 01:40 AM

Just a side note about the TDM tails, they have a smooth curve to them whereas the USDM and world spec tails have an angle to them, our bumpers have that angle as well just below the tails:

What that would mean is the tails would protrude slightly over the kink in the bumper just below the tails if you use the US bumper with the TDM tails. It's a very small, non-consequential aspect of those tails that you might wanna know about going in if you want the cleanest look. Member RavenOath and I had this discussion a while back, he's looking to use the TDM tails as well.
    Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

those tails remind of the 03 acura tl

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...5&tx=140&ty=97

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    those tails remind of the 03 acura tl

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&b...5&tx=140&ty=97
    I was thinking more along the lines of Toyota Chaser series II tails in similarity.

-Chris-

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    It was my idea first!!! LOL! Its gonna be dope though ;)
    True true. My buddy Ivory_G did hip me to it first. Lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Just a side note about the TDM tails, they have a smooth curve to them whereas the USDM and world spec tails have an angle to them, our bumpers have that angle as well just below the tails:

What that would mean is the tails would protrude slightly over the kink in the bumper just below the tails if you use the US bumper with the TDM tails. It's a very small, non-consequential aspect of those tails that you might wanna know about going in if you want the cleanest look. Member RavenOath and I had this discussion a while back, he's looking to use the TDM tails as well.
    Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    Side note: Hey Wetamup? Seeing as how I'm a Cali boy and I've never been in the snow, does the snow tend to fuck up your paint out in your neck of the woods? Might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering so I'm asking.

It's no different than rain.

It's the salt and sand the local highway departments throw on the road that hurts the paint.

-Chris-

Side note: Hey Wetamup? Seeing as how I'm a Cali boy and I've never been in the snow, does the snow tend to fuck up your paint out in your neck of the woods? Might seem like a stupid question but I was wondering so I'm asking.
    First off, I hate you guys (lol), trust me when I say you guys ain't missing nothing!!

NOTHING!

It's the salt and sand the local highway departments throw on the road that hurts the paint.
    ^^^^This all day. You do have to be careful what you use to get the heavy snow off your car, I brush it off with my hands with heavy duty gloves on, don't want to risk scratching the paint.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Oh!.....it is way different than rain!!!!......think when it snows....then it freezes on top of the car; then the temperature raises melting the snow a bit, creating a layer of thin ice between the surface paint and the thick layer of snow. This ice will at one point or another slide off the car.....and some times the ice will scratch the paint.

On the other hand, does not matter what you do to clean the snow off the car (to try to prevent the snow to freeze on top of the car).....you will always scratch the clear coat. That's why it's always recommended to buff your car after each winter.

But you are right!....the salt and sand on the roads do a lot of harm to your car's finish....and undercarriage.......I have notice lately they are using bigger grain of salt on the street. When you are driving behind another car on the highway....that act like a f???ing sand blaster!!

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

My cars get a detail every late April, so if brushing off snow caused swirls or scratches, I've never taken notice. Plus...Long Island got one snowstorm this year. Maybe two flurries besides the one storm inbetween that. LOL

-Chris-

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast